Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weird Jeweler information

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Autti, Mar 30, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 669

1. Autti

Autti IncGamers Member

Weird Jeweler information

So if you go to the battle.net website and sort items via jeweler.
    ala this page http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/#filter=jeweler

it will narrow down the list of items the jeweler can interact with.

There is a thread below this one talking about jeweler socketing and what he can/cant socket, and since the game guide has been updated to include new things i can only assume this is accurate.

My query really is then why does amulets light up? can you socket amulets and bracers?

for reference the item list is helms, chest armor, braces, shields, amulets and belts. No weapons.

Surely this is incorrect information?
  2. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Re: Weird Jeweler information

Edit: Nevermind this post, sorry. Shortly after making it, I read the beta update on the Jeweler wiki page that says:

-----

Just a guess, but maybe the Amulets are there because the Jeweler can craft them?

http://www.diablowiki.net/Jeweler
    Don't know very much about Jewelers so forgive me if this wiki page is outdated.
  3. Autti

Autti IncGamers Member

so why remove rings and not amulets then? That seems like too obvious an error.
  4. Scorch Hellfire

Scorch Hellfire IncGamers Member

That filter page has not been updated and does not update with the game files like other things.
  5. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

Also, gems can be inserted in other armor apart from helms, the data there is wrong.
  6. Flux

Flux Administrator

There's really no telling. Bliz has changed what all the artisans do repeatedly, and changed what items can be socketed, etc. As the brand new Q&A says, the gems info currently on the bliz site is wrong. Unless bliz makes some update and says it's launch info, we'll be waiting until may 15th to find out for sure.
  7. Catastrophe

Catastrophe IncGamers Member

According to datamining, affixes which can add sockets to an item may spawn on amulets and not rings. So Blizzard's website has that much correct. The "mechanics" affix also spawns on all weapons, including many uniques. (Remember, uniques have a mix of fixed and random mods now.) As for off-hand items, only the shield may have sockets. So basically Blizzard's website is correct with the exception of omitting weapons.

And by "correct", I mean that it matches beta patch 15. But beta patch 15 is probably close to final, given that we're this close to release day. The only reasonable way the datamining could be wrong is if we're looking at in-development expansion pack content. (Because they're totally working on it.) Like maybe socketed amulets are xpac content or something.

Always trust any game's files over the developers. They may not know what they've created. Diablo II gave us the Arreat Summit (decent) and the infamous lying character screen. I ignored those official sources and trusted diabloii.net, and I was right. Trust DiabloNut.
  8. Flux

Flux Administrator

I trust the datamining info, but it's only as accurate as what's in the beta game code. And we know the beta code isn't the same as the full game code. You look at something like the new skills/runes system; that was in the full game for testing for months while we in the beta had no hint of it until it was added in a few patches ago.

The Bliz site is a DB as well, and some of the pages have more updated stats than we see in the beta code, but clearly they're not all accurate either, and even if they reflected exactly what's in the game today (which they do not) it could/would still change somewhat pre-release. Even if we had release disks, you know we'll get a big *** patch launch day.

Thankfully, the wait to find out everything isn't that much longer.