Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Cormallon, Aug 1, 2007. | Replies: 16 | Views: 742

1. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

Wednesdaily

RL: Recovering from yesterdays hard and rather long day. left home at 6am, went to plane, attended a meeting from 10am to 5:30 pm, back to plane, home at 10:30. About to leave for work again. I have to do yesterdays usual work, and the things planned for thursday and friday, all squeezed into todays hours... you may guess it, more meetings scheduled for the rest of the week.

D2: didn't play.
  2. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

You've got a monopoly on these daily threads, Cormallon. neumein would be proud.

RL: Class consisted of 3 full hours of esoteric poetry. Unfortunately, the essay I had to submit tonight missed the midnight deadline by 21 minutes. I fed my instructor a story about being too depressed to concentrate on the assignment since I broke up with my girlfriend. It's entirely true, I'm just wondering if he'll pity me enough to overlook the late penalty.

On the way home tonight I stopped for beer and found 20 dollars in the parking lot at the store. I turned it over to the cashier and expressed hope that somebody would claim it. My good deed for the day.

D2: I did 40 quick Pindle runs this morning to wake myself up. I've never ran him until now, and he's been exceedingly generous. Tal Rasha's Guardianship, Astreons, another pair of Gore Riders, and more. All within a mere 100 runs.
    Is this sort of luck abnormal for Pindle?
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  3. Drixx

Drixx IncGamers Site Pal

Pindle is WAY streaky. If it wouldn't have slowed me down so much, I would have kept a log of good (set/unique) drops from him during the thousands of runs I did for the MFO.

Suffice it to say it's scary how often a set of 5-10 runs will drop 2 or 3 or even 4 amazing things. And then he runs dry for 800 runs. Very streaky.

4. Paladine

Paladine Banned

RL: Getting read for a 2 week deployment from my base. First time I will have been away from my son (7 1/2 months) for more than a day or two. I'm going to miss him but the training should be fun.

D2: Decided I'm going to rebuild my hammerdin from scratch including gear. Deleted all accounts and characters because I wanted to start over for my online play. Missing the characters and items a lot right now but it's just like the ladder reset so I know it can be done. (Playing NL right now) Going is slow but hey, whatev.
  5. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Proud indeed. :thumbsup: Good to see someone keeping the daily threads alive.

Anyways, time to spam.

RL: First day on my new job. I'm a computer repair technician, which is a dream job of mine. I don't really consider it work though, it's more like paid-fun, if you ask me. I'm only on part-time, two or three days a week at this stage, and the pay isn't fantastic, but it's great fun.

D2: Thanks to a tele-rush from Joosh and CelciusXII, my singer barb is actually able to sing now. Thanks guys. Once he gets fully geared up, he will be everybody's friend in MP. High level BO, shout, perma-stun, enchant, battle cry, CE, life tap, decrepify, teleport, oak sage... you get the idea.

Have fun! (I know I am :evil:)
  6. Katalaeia

Katalaeia IncGamers Member

RL: Same ol' same ol'.

D2: 50/50 chance on whether I'll get to play tonight. I lead a WoW guild and it's raid night ;) Though it should be my turn off in the rotation.
  7. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

RL: A day of minor highs & deep lows.

Highs:
    Earlier today I found a semi-lost picture CD from last years trip to Mexico that I'd forgotten about. It has a few good pics, including me holding a 25-pound mahi-mahi, as well as one of those "right place, right time" shots: http://www.freewebs.com/sirpoopsalot76/DSC04991.JPG ... I'll probably have a print made, as it's definitely in my top-10. I was quite pleased with myself, until remembering...

Lows:
    Today is the 10 year anniversary of the death of one of my best friends (Leona). She & I were always the last ones up at the end of a party sharing one last brew together, so I'm currently having a beer in her honour.

Even Lower:
    I just found out my sister-in-law had a stroke on Monday. She's doing "ok", but I haven't had a chance to talk to my brother yet and find out anything useful. I might end up going to Virginia for a few days/weeks if she needs a caretaker while my brother works. Not that I especially want to play nursemaid, but I'm not working at the moment and it could be a job that needs doing...

D2: Probably/possibly. I need to talk to my brother and get things straight.
  8. krovak

krovak IncGamers Member

RL: It's my birthday today:smiley: I am going to spend the evening with my girlfriend. We already had an awesome party with friends(and some VIPs from the SPF:grin:) on friday, so no other big celebrations ahead.

D2: Still working on my new HC sorceress who is supposed to run LK and the countess later. I am running tunnels at /p5, but with 0% MF it's quite frustrating. I already made four levels from 78 to 82 and the only unique I found was a Hellplague.

Edit:
    Ah, I forgot about that. Yes, I have found a nice GC with ~40 mana and ~20 life (and a hexing GC:tongue:)

9. asdfgah

asdfgah IncGamers Member

RL: I think I will go for a round of jogging today aswell since I enjoyed it a lot yesterday, the weather was great for the first time since the beginning of june. Hadn't been running for about three weeks o_O and yesterday I ran for ~50 minutes. Felt great since I was really tired at work yesterday.

D2: I am playing on battle.net just to be able to face the ubers once, and will go for a first attempt at the lesser evils today.
    As for sp, we'll see. Thinking about another restart...
    Woot! Happy birthday! :grin:
    No good charms or socketable items etc. then? =/

10. Darkoooo

Darkoooo IncGamers Member

H4PPÂ¥ B1r+HD4Â¥ Kr0\/4K!!11!!:wink:

RL: Nice weather outside. Hope my friend and I will go biking today.

D2: None. Zip. 0.
  11. maxicek

maxicek IncGamers Member

RL: Back at home but still on holiday - until tomorrow :sad:

D2: A bit of questing with my fishysin and maybe a few Pindle runs to get me back into the swing of things.
  12. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

RL: have had a teleconf with MD today as in new focus group. got quite heated as we all say need more resources, he says no. customers saying bye bye.....:fed up:

D2: going to look into changing my dexazon wep from Buirza to Hellrack - i think EU collusus xbox- as it has more elementla dmmg. str requirement quite high and i need to find 75%ias to hit bp. think 2 shaels, laying of hand and highlords but then i lose kb and slows by 25%. tough call.
  13. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

RL: Had the hair done. Physio later. Mungo is suprisingly resilient to flu. No matter what I do, he isn't catching this. Which is good. Honest. I wasn't trying to infect him.

D2: Yeah, having chatted with someone with ADD-tidy stashes, I feel the need to prune again. Ok, ok 1300 socketables probably is OTT.
  14. Tupsi

Tupsi IncGamers Member

Boring evening so I might as well spam a bit. It's been raining, even the people in the news noticed that and announced 'Exceptionally rainy July in Finland'. Haven't seen sun for two weeks. Of course from time to time in a few minute, maybe hour, periods, but not like it would've been worth going to the lawn lying.
    Since the holiday is about to end, I reserved the books for the first period. Hell of a six weeks coming. Courses are fine, just the amount of them and the late afternoon lessons.
    Right now I'm listening to the radio and reading wikihow, inspired by OTF's thread. The articles are just weird.

D2: Burned some runes for my Smiter's armor. Shael Pul Um Lum into 493 base defense Archon Plate, oh what a beauty. I hit level 76 in early Hell and equipped final items, except an armor. I was wearing Archon Plate 'Treachery' at that time and noticed it didn't have much to offer; defense: sucks, IAS: no need, res and DR%: yes please but after proc, gah (it's not activated very often due to my stunning abilities). I was like 'ok, let's just browse my unique stash'. Browsed through, found nothing good. Shaftstop, 'erm, I must have something better'. Went to my RW stash. Just crap.
    At that point I also checked my socketed armors and realized how nice armor 'Stone' would be. I had never realized it because I had had the wrong characters. Always just skillsskillsskills. 'No skills lol? byebye'
    Rolled good, 281%, I believe. Got my Paladin's defense to around 16k. Just wait 'till I start pumping Defiance. And the Gumby! Oh my! 5k for that big boy, I want to see how well it can do without Golem Mastery and Summon Resist. Should be just fine because I'm stunning quite a lot of things, but it could also drop from the first archer it faces.

So, I already started Hell on /p8, didn't think it was awful with healthy amount of CB and 1,7k Smite supported by Reaper Merc so I continued to Black Marsh. Tomorrow, I want to see the Gumby in action and how hard I am to hit.
  15. Holyzealer

Holyzealer IncGamers Member

RL: Trying to write more original songs for an album i plan to make... Constant writers block:sad2:

D2: Planned to start off with a mf sorc in my sp career... But soon got sick of it. I have a new pally named 'Frosty' a frost zealer that i'm enjoying alot more:smiley: I also found a gull dagger in underground passage, which is probably the highlight of todays session. Might give to my sorc... If i can forgive her for her boringness.
  16. Atil

Atil IncGamers Member

RL: A day full of meetings that stopped me from actually doing anything meaningful. Played with the doggies when I got home, which cheered me up and then my wife arrived, which cheered me up more.

D2: Finished my 500 LK runs and now trying to drum up enthusiasm to continue with Mavina. Just not in the mood right now, so back to Overlord for a few days.

krovak: Happy Birthday

'poops: Sorry to read about your troubles. I'm sure your friend would have enjoyed your picture so don't feel bad about looking at it. I hope your sister-in-law is okay, best wishes to you and your family.
  17. leetserv

leetserv IncGamers Member

RL: Breakup, friends betraying me, generally everything i touch turn to crap nowdays. I'm done with my apprenticeship, which is good, but that also means i have no job. My sleeping pattern is also totally upside down, so i walk around like an emotional zombie.

Edit: And i've got nothing better to do than complain about it on a forum :\

D2: Started playing untwinked with a couple of former collegues today, gonna start a blizzsorc to hopefully be able to multibox hf rush, as well as enjoy my +3 blizz +15% cold ormus' until i'm out of ntpp so i can trade it away for goodies.