Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapons with +min-max elemental damage question

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Jaster83, Sep 25, 2013. | Replies: 0 | Views: 4357

1. Jaster83

Jaster83 IncGamers Member

From everything I've read, and I've been reading a lot since starting D3 on Console, the mechanics are kinda wonky.

I'm not asking about +x% elemental damage. That is the majority of conversations I've been able to find. That horse has been beaten to death.

Does elemental damage on a weapon get amplified by stats and skills in D3?

So, for example....

A white weapon has 20 minimum, 100 maximum damage, 1.0 AS. 60 DPS
    Now, let's say you have a blue of the exact same damage, with the magical property of...
    +20-100 lightning damage
    Now, how D2 would calculate that is basically take the 20 minimum, 100 maximum, take all the stat modifiers, skill modifiers, etc., apply those, then add 20-100 on top of that, so that extra elemental damage doesn't get multiplied at all.
    In D3, does it apply the elemental damage to the weapon, then your stat and skills multiply that damage further?

In D2, two weapons, one with +minimum and + maximum damage (physical) would be much better than a weapon with the same amount of elemental damage, because the stats and skills would multiply the physical, whereas the elemental damage would not be multiplied, just added at the end.

So, in D3, if you were to have two weapons that were exactly the same, except one had +10 min, 20 max physical damage, and another one had that damage added as elemental, would they output the same DPS on your character sheet, and would skills multiply their damage in the exact same fashion?

Thanks in advance,
    Jaster

P.S. Sorry for not just testing it, but I'm on console, and finding weapons that would remove all other variables so I could run a proper test would be difficult.