Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WD Sacrifice build - Requesting assistance with "Primary" attack

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by Unloyal, May 5, 2012. | Replies: 10 | Views: 2641

1. Unloyal

Unloyal IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, I cannot post on the D3 forums as I don't own WoW anymore and didn't get SC2... So, here it is:

I'm rolling a WD upon launch and plan to spec for AoE nuke sacrifice/zombie dogs. Here is the link to the build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hdYVTj!dZW!cYYZYZ

My biggest concern is the primary attack and I've flopped between Firebomb, haunt, spirit barrage, and locust swarm. I'm looking for high-spam and consistent AoE damage. I'd like a little feedback as to what everyone suggests, though I think that the best option is Firebomb -> Ghostbomb due to a high range of AoE and a mana cost of ten.

For a reference of yards in AoE, here is the image I found here:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/632/medium/D3_Distance_Map.jpg

I'm open to options and constructive criticism.
  2. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

Firebomb, zombie charger & acid cloud all ok. The two latter are a bit costly though.
  3. Unloyal

Unloyal IncGamers Member

I appreciate the response. Charger is a bit mana heavy in my opinion and I wanted to diversify the assaults with poison/fire/physical due to enemy resistances and immunities. I will definitely explore the option of zombie charger, though. Thank you

4. Tryzx

Tryzx IncGamers Member

I'd suggest acid cloud runed with corpse bomb; since it's your only skill that really demands on mana, it should be okay
  5. Unloyal

Unloyal IncGamers Member

The AoE is good. Mana cost is high, I can account for it if I need to... but my only concern is the vague statement "in the area". I'm curious to see what the range of the spell will be

6. Tryzx

Tryzx IncGamers Member

It should be something close to 10 yards, from what I've seen in skills trailers

7. Unloyal

Unloyal IncGamers Member

Was that the one with the AoE centered around the WD? I would hate to have to run to a mob to cast and run back.

8. Tryzx

Tryzx IncGamers Member

I don't remember in which video I saw it, but it's a zombie kind of coming out of the ground and exploding where you cast him

9. Unloyal

Unloyal IncGamers Member

That makes sense. I appreciate it. Now that I look back and read the actual description, I understand it a bit better. For some reason, I was only comparing it to the necro D2 corpse explosion.

10. sacridoc

sacridoc IncGamers Member

11. Unloyal

Unloyal IncGamers Member

No gargantuan to provide as a mini-tank? That seems very dangerous to me. As for passives, having grave injustice would be nice but I have no intention of being within 8 yards of the enemy, ever. I can understand gruesome feast but having damage reduction is a hard thing to pass up, ya know? I can understand the alteration to the zombie dog rune because I said it was a sacrifice build, but AoE before sacrifice is never a bad thing. Is BBV in there for the actual use or just the 50% chance of the dog? Because, for example, if you attack a mob, confuse them all and sacrifice your dogs... 85% chance of resurrecting upon sacrifice IF the dogs kill everything. That's a fantastic chance. 135% is great, but I think that the need for a gargantuan is more necessary. This is all just criticism and we will see once the game actually releases. I don't personally like GotD, but that's just me. As for soul harvest, doubling the time is more wise instead of decreasing enemies for three seconds....that sounds almost useless to me. I dunno, we will see. I appreciate the input.