Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wake of Inferno

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by zaphodbrx, Mar 26, 2013. | Replies: 2 | Views: 2565

1. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

It is commonly reported that the inferno like spells ( arctic blast, inferno, wake of inferno ) are bugged and do about 1/3 or 1/4 of the listed damage.

But in the actual game, it seems to be killing things quite good, on p5 hell ( Act 1 ).
    So is it actually bugged?

Also, does the not working with facets thing apply to fire traps as well?
  2. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

I don't know about the bug.

Anyway, facets DON'T work with traps, 'cause they are considered like minions, as you won't inflict damage directly
  3. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

Displayed damage of Inferno and Arctic Blast is double what is actually applied: damage is applied by missiles which are fired every other frame (so 25/2 or 12.5 times per second on average), whereas the character screen calculates damage being applied every frame (25 times per second).

Other inferno skills used by monsters fire missiles every other frame, so I'd expect the same to apply to Wake of Inferno. However, I haven't investigated its mechanics properly yet so I don't know how its displayed damage relates to its actual damage.

To clarify, +% Skill Damage and -% Enemy Resistance don't apply to the sentry traps (Blade Sentinel, Charged Bolt Sentry, Wake of Fire, Lightning Sentry, Wake of Inferno and Death Sentry), but they do apply to Fire Blast, Shock Web and Blade Shield (and -% Enemy Resistance also applies to Blade Fury).