Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Vasectomy Questions and Getting "Fixed"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skihard, May 10, 2005. | Replies: 48 | Views: 2333

?

Do you interact with other SPF members?

1. Yeah.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BeerDon'tKnowDurfBlame

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. skihard

skihard Banned

Vasectomy Questions and Getting "Fixed"

I get a Vasectomy on Friday and was wondering a couple things I can’t seem to find answers to…..

1- They give you a local to perform the “operation†but none of the literature says where the local is given. Do they give you a shot in the leg near your junk or do they give you a shot in the junk? I’ll admit I’m a little concerned about this part the rest however I’m cool with seeing as it’s my decision to get the vasectomy performed.

2- What position are you in when they perform this, are you sitting, laying down, on your side, in stirrups like giving birth, what? I have no clue and can’t find anything that tells me.

Also-
    A friend of mine says that the vasectomy is the females way of demasculinating the men in their relationships. What do you all think? Do you have any thoughts on this little operation? I’d like to here them if you do.

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I don't know any of the medical specifics, but emasculation? Hardly. The way I see it you have all the fun, and none of the worry of kids.

3. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Just remember you can still impregnate someone for like 2 weeks after the cut. Don't go too wild when you first get home.

Garbad

4. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Im sorry to hear your wife is having you neutered.

The reason its done on the man is that the same operation on a female is alot more complicated and alot more dangerous too and as a man its your duty to sacrifice yourself to save her and then go home for some justice league style hero sex.

5. skihard

skihard Banned

It is my decision. Insurance doesn’t cover birth control, $30-$40 per month, I’m married so I’m not going to use a condom, the creams a female can use burn, the time release hormone stuff has too many side effects in too large a percentage of females, I don’t like the idea of my wife possibly needing estrogen supplements 30 years from now just so we can worry free sex, and well I have 4 kids. I’ve made enough future Republicans and I don’t need to make more.

That’s my now 5 month old in my avatar (she was 4 months then)

6. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

Well said! Justice league style hero sex? Does that involve lots of spandex and capes? If so, I might go and get myself some of that action...

7. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

Just wondering, how old are you and your wife?

8. Garbad_the_Weak

9. skihard

skihard Banned

34 me 33 her

10. Phil

Phil IncGamers Member

I actually think that is a very mature decision of you and a smart play as long as you are sure you dont want any more children. Lots of guys look at it like its the guy getting his manhood taken away, but just like Johnny said, the same operation for a female(tube tying) is much more invasive and overall more dangerous. Now onto answers:

My mom has been remarried twice(and divorced twice) and both of my stepfathers have been very open to me, and people that I really enjoyed talking to and being with. Because of this I know that they had both had vasectomies before they were in a relationship with my mom and they were more than willing to talk about their experiences.
    1) As far as I know both of the men had shots right to the side of their stuff, which as far as I am concerned is still about 2 feet too close for a needle to be to my stuff.(Being only 19, if a vasectomy is on the way, its still a long ways off)
    2) Both men were also kind of in the stirrup position, but besides that area the rest is covered by the sheet they put over things during an operation. They both said it went very smoothly and considering all it was a much smaller operation and less invasive then they had expected.

I commend you for the respect you are showing for your wife and the maturity of you decision.
    hope all goes well
    phil

edit: garbad, it scares me that you came up with something like that on the fly. really it's kind of freaky.

11. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

:thumbsup:

I know I wouldnt want to cut out that kind of option. Who knows what might happen?
    Personally, Id rather use the pill or a condom over that. And eventually, she'll be past childbearing, and you wont have to worry about it anyway.

12. skihard

skihard Banned

gabbard has scared me with many of his "link / name" only posts.

womem can bear children till there 50's with some cases of births at 60

13. Garbad_the_Weak

14. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Wellllllll.... here's the thing.

My Dad got a vasectomy when I was iiiiiin.... 6th-ish grade. He and Mom were convinced that they didn't want any more children after the 3 they had.

And then came the divorce.

Not that he wanted any more children to begin with, or that women he's dating necessarily would, either, but it's always always always a possibility. Especially since you're only 34 (he's nearing 50 now), you just never know what kinds of things will happen. I know, I know; you're totally in love with and committed to your wife and vice versa. But stranger **** has, and will continue, to happen.

On a slightly more ironic note, a mere year and a half after my Dad's vasectomy my Mom developed a condition (I think it was cyst-related; I was young then and they didn't every fully disclose to me what was going down) that necessitated the removal of her entire uterus. My Dad didn't say anything, but I knew what he was thinking.

15. Johnny

Johnny Banned

It can be reversed though.

16. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Ouch! That's gotta hurt!

A vasectomy can be reversed; however, if the reversal occurs several months to several years after the operation, the body will often no longer recognize sperm as "self-cells" and will proceed to attack them as if they were a bacterial or viral infection (this is an autoimmune attack). This makes the sperm nonviable and thus makes the man infertile (but not impotent).

17. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If there were no complications, I'd do it for sure! I never want children and it would be nice to avoid the hassle of birth control.

18. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Maybe you should ask your doctor these questions.

19. Johnny

Johnny Banned

There is allways diseases though.

20. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

You don't want to go trusting doctors! No, you did the right thing asking a bunch of people you don't really know for indepth medical advice...