Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

US West - Ladder reset - team and strategy

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by denverpoker, Mar 19, 2010. | Replies: 13 | Views: 7013

1. denverpoker

denverpoker IncGamers Member

US West - Ladder reset - team and strategy

I would like to form a team to start the ladder. You can use the word team, clan, co-op, guild, and/or association.

What would be the goal. To start the ladder on the first day and get a rush to the top/start of good items.

The minimal goals

1) Start a group and make it from start of normal to Baal hell. This is the minimum
    2) Cooperative gameplay and the sharing of loot. Whether this is done just at the first time or an ongoing effort is able to determine latter.

The composition of the group. Ideally would play at the same times or around the same times daily. Since it is US West. I vote we base game starting times EST or MST. Please lets not get caught up in the debate.

This is the most important the composition of the group. Everyone would play with only one character with this initial group. It should be balanced for fun and killing power.

What this means. No duplication of each others efforts. i.e. Do we need four blizz sorcs in the party.

Here is what I think the group should be composed of - some are necessary - others are choices

Sorcs - One or two. You must have at least one for the teleporting feature, two would be ideal. Now you could have one pure light, one mixture of meteororb, or a pure blizz sorc. You just need to be sure that there isin't going to be a fight when the first cold skill GC drops.

Barbs - One or two. One is a must. You would need to make sure they specialized in different masteries otherwise there will be an issue with who gets steeldriver when it drops.

Druid - I guess you could do without. This is the only character I've never played. If they wanted to come along be fine.

Amazon - My favorite character to play, generally. I always have a bowazon. Never played a serious javazon. One or two. If two were with party one needs a bow other java. Again treasure loot. This solves that problem. Thing number two. A zon without a good/great bow sucks. I will only start a zon if I'm certain there is a good coop team going. I'll take a bowzon for clearing pits and cows over any other char though.

Assassain - A must have in my opinion. I'll explain later. I think you only want a true trapper. I guess you could have two if there other would be pure MA. The same problem with zon. Good/great claws are hard to find. With a whole group advancing as fast as they could hopefully you'll have adequate claws.

Paly - One or two. I like the idea of if you have two zeal/smiter and the other a hammerdin. This helps split up gear better. You'd also have a good concentration and a good fana aura.

Necro - Only one. Only one curse can be active at a time so two is redundant. The necro even if a fishymancer should have the lower resist curse. This will really make the sorcs and sin much more powerful. Do you get to summon all those skellies? It doesn't bother me, but it does a lot of people. An 8 ppl party with each there own merc seems kinda laggy. A PNB or necro willing to cast curses would be greatly appreciated.

Game play and strategy. I could elaborate, but I'm not sure this post will get any traction. Let me know if you would like to be a part of this group. What character you'd also like to play.

Here would be my preferences in order
    Sorc - Meteororb
    Sorc - Lightning
    Sin - Trapper
    Zon - bow

I'm willing to be flexible for the greater good.
  2. Darkenfo

Darkenfo IncGamers Member

Re: US West - Ladder reset - team and strategy

Ill be looking for a group when it starts.

Will either go Orb or Blizz sorc or fishymancer are my ideal starting preferences, mostly sorc.

Though any sorc/necro works for me, with respecs I can do whichever and go to what I like later.

EST is good for me to work with.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  3. PreThunder

PreThunder IncGamers Member

hey denverpoker Me and my fiance are interested in being part of a team for when the ladder resets. She really likes the Orb sorc build and I am really comfortable with the pure lightning sorc. Plus we have already gotten to the stage where we no longer fight over items haha. We usually play around 6 pm - 11 pm Mountain time. I also play from around 4 am - 9 am or so. ( I work night shifts at my job) My fiance probly wouldn't be playing every day with her schedule, but should be good for most. I've been thinking of starting my own team, but while looking around it looks like you have a pretty good idea of what's needed so as long as there aren't any jerks as part of this team my fiance and I'll be cool. If there seems to be some controlling/greedy/jerkoff people in the team we will invite others to join a new team cuz I don't have time to deal with that crap. Plus it's supposed to be fun so....let me know. I currently have an all light sorc at lvl 91 and my fiance has a fire wall/orb hybrid at lvl 85 so we are pretty confident about our playing abilities. Anyway this is my first post on this sight (as you can probly see I just registered) so I'm not really sure if you can message me somehow or what. I guess I will just bookmark this thread and check it once in a while. Hope to hear back from ya soon.
  4. freezegang

freezegang IncGamers Member

Edit : Ah, never mind. Sorry >_<
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  5. denverpoker

Thanks for the responses write more soon.
  6. FuKuSuK

FuKuSuK IncGamers Member

Looking for a 24/7 type of team. I'm going to be kicking off the new ladder again with a barb hoping to achieve lvl 99 like I have done once before two ladders ago. Let me know if you're interested.
  7. hamersorc

hamersorc IncGamers Member

sent you a pm denver
  8. hexus

hexus IncGamers Member

I'm down to play too, I'm going to do a blizz sorc and I see that there are lots of sorcs already, but it can't hurt to help right? Let me know what happens..
  9. interpol

interpol IncGamers Member

I'm looking for a group like this. But I wonder if it's ok if i can start a classic orber to help with hellforge rushes, classic rushes and etc. lmk
  10. cmlang

cmlang IncGamers Member

Im down to join you guys...I dont really have a preference for class, whatever the group needs
  11. denverpoker

Darkenenfo - you were the first person to step up and want to be a fishy I think that would be an excellent idea for the group.

New ladder starts at noon tomorrow PST.

FukSuk - (Interesting name) As you are the first person to be the barb we would love to have you in the group. As for 24/7 if it evolved into that I have no problem.

The main purpose of this group would be to start off fast, kill Baal in Hell first, or be one of the first to do it.

What needs to happen is we need to have people sign up for their roles.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS CAN YOU START PLAYING TOMORROW AT NOON PST.

The other thing is players need to commit to six hours of playtime. After six hours if we are not at a good stopping spot I can see you saying enough and I understand. I've heard organized groups can do it naked - hardcore - ironman with pizza breaks in seven or eight hours.

The fact that its not hardcore and I feel free to buy from merchants if you need to, LOL. You could play an aggressive style.

I'll come up with the game name by then.

It's to freaking late, getting my work done tonight so I can play tomorrow. I'm in real estate so I have some flexibility on setting my hours.

Looking for an alternate for each in case someone isin't there.

Barb - taken
    Fishymancer - taken
    Meteorb - Two people would like
    Lightning - Two people would like
    Classic - Pure cold three plus people would like
    Paly - Hammer/Concentration - open
    Paly - Zeal/Smiter/Fana - open
    Trapsin - one person contacted me off topic
  12. Wolfetone

Wolfetone IncGamers Member

Spots still open?
  13. diabloLadder

diabloLadder IncGamers Member

14. kibs

kibs IncGamers Member

Hey I'm located in Colorado and was maybe wondering if I could join as backup. Since my last final is Wed. I will be busy but after that I would like to join you.

Ultimately what I wanted was to find some friends and people that I could actually have fun and play with. I played D2 for a good 5-6 years but haven't played it since '06. I just installed and wanted to get back into it. Also it would be cool since PreThunder is also Mountain time.

PM me or let me know please. Thanks a lot!