Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgrading pc need help

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by kaoslol, Apr 6, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1534

1. kaoslol

kaoslol IncGamers Member

Upgrading pc need help

Hello there i want to upgrade this desktop pc in a few days so i will be able to play diablo3 on medium to high settings.the question is CAN i upgrade it?
    Would the motherboard fit inside a decent sized pc case? because the pc case is too small to fit in a graphics card and a bigger power supply. *i gave pictures in the 2 links below the pc specs on this post so you can actually see how big inside the case is*
    I also checked the motherboard if it got the connecter for a power supply and it has.
    If so my shopping card consists of 1x Pc case,1x power supply *pref 650w or higher, and a good graphics card.
    I am asking this stuff as im not really *good at hardware*.

Any help and suggestions would be highly appreciated*
    Also any pc case power supply and graphics card suggestions to buy please post on this thread.
    Thanks.Here is the pc specs
    Acer aspire x3200
    Processor: AMD Phenom 8550 3 x Triple Core 2.20GHz
    Memory: 3GB RAM(Installed)
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
    Hard Drive: 640GB HDD SATA
    Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW
    Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 9200 256MB
    Power Supply: 220 W power supply, PC 2001 system compliant
    FCC, CE, BSMI, CCC, VCCI, CB, Bauart, MET certified
    I/O expansion PCI Express® 2.0 x16 slot

Here is some pictures of the inside of the computer
    http://www.hardwarecentral.com/img/2009/01/450aace424.jpg

http://www.aramistech.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/x1200inside6.jpg

and more info can be found on http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/2010/acer/Aspire/AspireX3200/AspireX3200sp5.shtml
  2. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

3. BohemianStalker

BohemianStalker IncGamers Member

Re: Upgrading pc need help

Tiltoon is right, he is doing some excellent job around here. Maybe OP should buy more ram? 2x2kit or one2?

Are you running x64 sys OP?

4. Dyz

Dyz IncGamers Member

I would upgrade to 4g of ram to start, and a 6850 is more than enough to max out D3. Corsair Powersupplies are the only ones i buy since I had a major problem long ago with a powersupply of another brand.

Tilitoon hit it right on the head.
  5. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

Yea they are basically rebranded SeaSonic power supplies, and SeaSonic is well known for having the most reliable PSU.

6. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

You're going to have to make sure that the IO shield comes off your current case (search google images for "io shield"), since they are specific to specific motherboards.

Also I'm not sure if pre-built computer cases like those from Acer/Gateway even follow micro-ATX standards. Would you be able to measure your motherboard's size so we can make sure? If it's a proprietary size, its screwholes may not be in the needed spots on your new case.

Buying more RAM would be a waste since that motherboard only supports DDR2 and 3GB is enough for most things. DDR2 RAM is tons more expensive than current-standard DDR3 RAM.

All in all, I think you would have the least trouble and worry by buying a new motherboard. You can get a cheap one for ~$50-$80. This one for example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128529&Tpk=GA-M68MT-S2
    Though not sure if your processor would fit that one exactly since it doesn't seem to be a Phenom II; and you'd need a DDR2 motherboard or to buy some cheap DDR3 RAM.
  7. JWBS

JWBS IncGamers Member

8. Boi

Boi IncGamers Member

Switch out your PSU and GFX.