Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Spoiler] Unintentional in-game spoilers from Blizzard

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Sonnyjimmy, Jun 13, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 5229

1. Sonnyjimmy

Sonnyjimmy IncGamers Member

Hi all,
    Total Diablo III-lite player here, I got the game three weeks ago but I'm still only in the first half of Act III Normal and have so far managed to avoid reading any big spoilers on the news sites (apart from the end game boss, but that was obvious, right?!).

Anyway, so I'm talking to Leah in the armory in Bastion's Keep about hope etc. and the wonderful inn that she will open, hopefully in time for the expansion. Then I get a new achievement saying something about Leah (I can't remember what it's called), I check it out, and to my horror I read something like "complete all conversations with Leah". "Ah great!" I thought to myself. A major plot twist ruined (I guess?). I mean, I had to finish playing pretty soon after that, but I'm sure now that Leah with die/disappear/turn into a Prime Evil etc.

Now I realise that perhaps story isn't the most important aspect of Diablo 3, but it would be nice, at least on the first play through, that Blizzard stop themselves from telling you the story before it happens! Anyone else noticed any moments in the game where spoilers ruin the story?

Sonny
  2. AceOfJacks

AceOfJacks IncGamers Site Pal

And this is a very good example of why I hated the concept of "achievements" in games to begin with. People look through the achievement list to see what they can do, or what they just did, and it spoils the plot of the game. I agree with you wholeheartedly, Sonnyjimmy.
  3. Siege Valgore

Siege Valgore IncGamers Member

I agree. Let's say a character dies, moves away, turns into something else, etc...they could at least wait til that happens to give you the achievement.
  4. chenw

chenw IncGamers Member

Or... they could change it so that you do not get achievements until you complete act VI normal.
  5. Itaju

Itaju IncGamers Member

I think you should get achievements on your first playthrough, being collected and stuff, but they don't pop-up unless you clearly want it to and the achivement list should be more hidden at first.

What bugged me more was that I got messages from all my friends who advanced in SC (I played HC on my frist playthrough so I was much slower then them) got all these pop-ups "Lord of Lies", "Lord of Sin", so I knew what the act bosses would be... I reacted that I deleted all my friends from the list, just to find out some time later that you can just deactivate those pop-ups...
  6. soka

soka IncGamers Member

Act 6? The game ends for me after Act 4.

Something I missed?

:smug:

7. chenw

chenw IncGamers Member

Oops! I meant Act IV XD
  8. skysbob

skysbob IncGamers Member

I can only agree. I immediately turned of this "Show Achievements of Friends" after it spolied a mini boss for me a couple of minutes after I logged on for the first time, since I could only play 36 hours after release.
  9. NightCraweler

NightCraweler IncGamers Member

Or just include their final scene as a part of said achievement.
  10. spormorehead

spormorehead IncGamers Member

they could change it so that you do not get achievements until you complete act VI normal.

_______
    Who will be responsible to clear the black mark in Leverage Season 5 DVD