Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ultimate Champion/Rare/Boss monster pack farmer

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by Mn_Swe2, Apr 24, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 1811

1. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Ultimate Champion/Rare/Boss monster pack farmer

I got this idéa after reading an article about loot details.

The idéa with this build is to maximize farming of magic/rare/set/legend items + gold.

In order to do that I only plan to fight Champion/Rare/Boss monster packs.

With help of Teleport with no cooldown I plan to use teleport constantly until next monster pack is found.

For this build you need to find the optimal areas to farm, so you can kill the packs at sufficient speed, with minimal risk for death. For example when gearing up for Inferno, you can run around in Hell Act4 with this build.
    [HR][/HR]Link to build.

[​IMG]

Any thoughts how it can be improved?
  2. ijzxworm

ijzxworm IncGamers Member

Re: Ultimate Champion/Rare/Boss monster pack farmer

I made an account just to tell you that you can't use teleport constantly. Using the Wormhole rune delays it by a second, but doesn't reset the cool down each time. You'll be able to get as many teleports as your attack speed allows before the 1 second cool down hits. Probably an extra 2-3 teleports. I can't be bothered finding the source but I read it on the Wizard official forums.
  3. Belyakin

Belyakin IncGamers Member

look good thank.
  4. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Ahh ok, thanks for info! :)

5. Ganoidyn

Ganoidyn IncGamers Member

I was about to make that point about Wormhole. On the plus side, however, since monster packs are pretty close to each other anyway, I doubt this will detract too far from your purposes! While you're waiting for the Teleport cooldown to reset you can refill your AP bulb with shock pulses.

I like that you paid some attention to survivability. I would actually replace either of your big-hitters with something I could spam at range, since Blizzard and Comet both have an AoE DoT element. Wish I could test this out right now...

Also, as slows do not stack, I would probably not use Chilling Aura on my Ice Armour when I've already got Blizzard and/or Comet. Something like Crystallize for the additional toughness (if Strength/Armour is high) or Iced Reflect for the occasional burst of AoE damage + freeze would add to your survivability without being redundant.
  6. kar

kar IncGamers Member

I've been thinking about a build for similar purposes, since seeking out champion packs seems to be the endgame. IMO, the Archon skill is ideally suited for this type of gameplay. It's a better offensive and defensive buff than anything else the wizard has available and it's duration shouldn't be a problem... only the cooldown might be an issue.

Champion encounter:
    Plop down a dynamo'd blizzard and hydra, then archon form for the rest of the fight. While fighting, the blizzard, hydra, and archon abilities will help with critical mass procs.

After encounter:
    Teleport for fast travel, storm armor-scramble for fast travel and the occasional free critical mass proc, chain lightning for yet more procs and to build up arcane dynamo 'flashes of insight' for the next encounter.

Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UlQRTm!bgT!acZcYb
  7. The Rockman

The Rockman IncGamers Member

Where are you told that slows don't stack? For all we know they do stack. Anyway theres only two slows in it a passive on armour and an active in Ice Meteor. Al;so the main reason is for the Cold Blooded passive boost, as they are the only skills that do large amounts of Cold damage.

As for OP you might find it works better if you switch your Signature Spell for an other one with a longer range, or more predictability, as Shock pulse is random.

8. Ganoidyn

Ganoidyn IncGamers Member

All cold damage has an innate slow, which means everything in the vicinity would already be chilled because of the sheer amount of ice spells.

Snares do not actually stack. Where multiple snares overlay over each other, the highest value would be taken (placing a Grasp of the Dead where someone had put Caltrops will still slow monsters by 60%, but if the Caltrops are runed to slow 80% instead, then monsters will be slowed 80%. Grasp will still apply its DoT, but will not make the monsters any slower).

9. Lokiftw

Lokiftw IncGamers Member

nice one Kar.
  10. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Nice one, I want to know more about the Archon form (skill and damage wise) and I am sure my build might turn into an Archon form build as well after getting more info about it. :)