Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Uber 1pt smiter helm

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by diablobambi, May 26, 2012. | Replies: 10 | Views: 5755

1. diablobambi

diablobambi IncGamers Member

So basically my smiter to do ubers is done here my gear:

- grief pb 385 dom, 38 ias
    - 971 def coh
    - 223 eth exile low but hey! thats what i got!
    - p gore
    - dracs 9% life steal n 6 life after each kill
    - highlord's wrath
    - 248/19 raven and 5% bk
    - 196% t-gods
    - 19/18/5 anni
    - no torch
    - bunch of life, psn and fhr scs

So now here come the tricky part: i have

- guillaum's face unsocket
    - coa 136 def 30 resist 2x unsocket
    - 52 res. kira unsocket
    - 15 ias jewel
    - um rune, ber rune and any others...
    - got a

So i wanna know wich helm would fit my setup.
    Any other suggestion to make me kill easier in trist is welcome (other than getting better version of gear) and i like to stick with grief

playing n-l east, i'm a 1pt smiter and yes i have seen the topic about a 1pt smiter but it doesn't help

thx!
  2. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

You're gonna want the CB on G-face. Assuming ~40 res on the Exile, Ort or Um in the helm plus Treachery pre-buff you'll be sorted resists-wise against Meph. You can also use 1 pt Salvation against him which will help greatly, and if you socket a 15 IAS jewel in the helm you still hit at 6 frames per hit even without Fanat. You don't even really need to prebuff if you run Salvation.
  3. diablobambi

thanks for the quick answer but i think my problem just got bigger because my exile have 27 resist all. Also i have done like 6-7 uber's runs of 1 or 2 players games and meph wasnt hard to kill at all. the real problem was baal and his manaburn/physical immune minions. I have 1 pt in salvation but i haven't needed and used it at all and so as treachery. my resist with guillaum's are 43-53-85-43. My resist go up to 80-80-85-43 (131-141-183-43) with salvation on. Counting i got 38 ias from grief and 20 from highlord so 58 ias but i dont know how ias breakpoints works so i dont know what to do with the jewel :S
  4. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Attack speed calc: http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/speedcalc_titanseal/speedcalc_english.php
    Smite with a Phaseblade without Fanat: 24 IAS for 7 FPA, 65 IAS for 6 FPA.

Ith rune in helm = 15% Damage Taken Goes to Mana. Either that or mana potions.

If Meph isn't a problem then why is your Exile's resist a problem? Likewise if you've done fine without Salvation up to now then there's no reason to use it, and no reason to socket in the IAS jewel. Dropping one frame attack speed only against Meph isn't really a problem in any case.

TL;DR try the Ith.
  5. diablobambi

ok ty ill try the ith and wont make such a long post anymore :p

EDIT: ith is not the solution because i need mana i dont want to have even less mana with an ith. the runes that could help will be an eth that gives Regenerate Mana 15% or a tir +2 To Mana After Each Kill but in uber tir will be useless...

EDIT#2: i could also use a manald ring or a soj instead of bk. i think it could do it ill try this before i socket my helm.
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  6. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Nono - trust me on this - none of those will do you any good. Leech does not work, the increase in mana regen will be miniscule, you aren't actually killing anything while smiting Baal so Mana After Each Kill is useless, and lastly increasing the amount of mana you have isn't hugely useful as mana burn instantly removes all of it anyway.

Damage Taken Goes to Mana is not some form of Energy Shield, it simply means that 15% of all damage you take gets added to your mana pool (while you still take the damage). As your mana pool is tiny compared to how much damage you take it is pretty effective.
  7. diablobambi

Awwww ok i though it was kind of an energy shield but if its as you say then go for an ith rune :p

thank you again!
  8. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

No problem ;D
  9. diablobambi

So an other question for the socket of my helm... I just looked at the skull and a Perfect skull gives "Replenish Life +5, Regenerate Mana 19%". So is this better than and ith rune? Thank you again
  10. Mrjones

Mrjones IncGamers Member

No ith is better. The reason why is mana regen sucks unless you have high energy. Your always taking damage when fighting ubers it just your healing for more due to lifetap.
  11. pickadyp

pickadyp IncGamers Member

Instead of Ith in your helm I would use Ber, Shael, Um, or a magic/rare jewel. You can grab a Carrion Wind ring cheap and always switch it out with your BK when you are not Ubering, since the +skill and leech doesn't really help with Ubers. This way you aren't wasting your socket with Ith which is only really needed when Ubering.