Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two tourney ideas

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Jason Maher, Feb 23, 2013. | Replies: 8 | Views: 799

1. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

Figured there were enough tourneys running at the moment, but I've had the first idea here mulling in my head for quite a while, and thought I'd put it out there. The second idea, which is somewhat related, just occured to me.

First idea: The 4-in-1 Tourney

Basically, the idea here is to play 4 different builds with 1 character, using the 1.13 Den of Evil respec quest reward. Your 4 builds would be determined before you start, either chosen or randomly assigned from a predetermined list of build combos (haven't decided yet, but probably the latter). There would be two gear options: untwinked, or semi-twinked. For the semi-twinked option, you'd be able to specify one complete gear set from your stashes before you start. Prior to equipping this set of gear, you would only be able to equip gambled items. Once an item from your twinked set was equipped, it would remain for the rest of the contest. So the choice is whether to pick an ideal set of gear for your final build, and make do up until then, or pick a set that would work for multiple different builds so you could equip it earlier. Yet to be decided is when the changeovers would occur. Perhaps 4 acts with 3 of the builds, and 3 acts with the other, or a minimum of 3 acts with each build.

Second idea: The 15-in-1 Tourney

This is a (very) twinked tourney. The idea here is that each act you would need to equip a completely new set of gear. No item which had previously been equipped would be allowed. Note that an upgraded unique would not be considered a different item, nor would a runeword made in a different base. A unique or runeword from a different patch with different stats would be a different item (so you could use a beta CtA and a 1.10+ CtA at different times, ditto with a 1.07 LoH and a 1.10+ LoH). You could also use another magic item (like a charm) with the same stats as one previously used, but not the exact same item again (so if you have 8 plain lightning skillers, you can use each one once).

Thoughts/ideas/insults welcome.

By the by, I had a hell of a time typing this post. The cursor kept randomly jumping to a different part of the post. Has anyone else experienced this before?
  2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

^On a laptop with the mouse pad on?
    I turn mine off because I always hit it.

On topic, I think these are some pretty cool ideas :)
  3. Jason Maher

I've just built a new desktop. Why would I turn around and buy a laptop after that?
  4. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

I like the 4-in-1 idea, for untwinked hc. Not the other one so much, that's too bothersome.
  5. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

I like the 4 in 1 idea, untwinked. Make sure you come up with lots of interesting build combos.

The 15 in 1 idea reminds me of that Fashionistas tournament a while back. I really liked the idea of that, but I think it would be too much hassle twinked.
  6. BobTheWarrior

BobTheWarrior IncGamers Member

Re: Cursor, are you using a wireless keyboard or mouse? If so, check the batteries.
  7. Jocular

Jocular IncGamers Member

I find it happens when I underline/bold words on this site. Incredibly annoying.
  8. Jason Maher

Yes. Both of which have battery indicatoirs. And both of which are less than a month old.
  9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

RE Cursor: Any neighbours fairly close, who might also be using wireless equipment? I know it says on the box that they're not interfering with each other, but that's a lie. Consult manual for frequency change procedure. These devices do NOT like large metal objects in close proximity either, so might want to check that as well.