Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two Questions Please...

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by compubuy, Mar 22, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 773

1. compubuy

compubuy IncGamers Member

Two Questions Please...

1) Is defense rating lowered while a character is running? I heard it is lowered to zero.

2) I am trying to get a white plus 3 raise skeleton, plus 3 skeleton mastery necro head with 2-open sockets. Is there a cube formula that rerolls staffmods on white items? If I put eth+lum in it, wouldn't it be the highest plus to rs & sm necro shield possible, at plus 4 each?

thanks for any help in advance!

2. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Two Questions Please...

1. (Was incorrect about defesnes see below), your chance to block is lowered to a 1/3rd, so if you have 75% chance to block normally it will be reduced to 25% while running.

2. As far as I know there is no way to reroll the staffmods on a white item, so you will just have to keep looking unfortunately.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

There is a formula to make low quality items normal. The good thing about this is that it resets ilvl to 1 or so, which makes it possible to "roll" 1 tier mods on elite heads, namely raise skeleton, skeleton mastery and any third, possibly "godly" mod. Generally you should look for "cracked" etc heads, make them normal, then make sockets somehow (or does this recipe also make sockets? dont quite remember).

+3 rs +3 sm splendor head gives +4 those skills, which is better than boneflame, and now there is a point to prebuff with +4 splendor than +2 spirit.

I have never rolled +3 sm +3 rs head for my entire necro career, and its cost on market is just ridiculous. Like, enigma+6/6 cta or +4 splendor? Dont know what to choose :).

4. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

1: iirc while running defense is not lowered or set to zero, but completely ignored during the hit-check

5. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

Thats true, you have 100% chance to be hit (not even 95%) when running regardless of AR/defense and mlvl/clvl, every attack that can hit does so.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

That's wrong.

That's right.

Blocking works as Pyro wrote.

7. compubuy

compubuy IncGamers Member

Wow, thanks for all this information! Some of you guys could be awarded a PhD in D2 at Blizzard University (if such a title existed,, of course). However, I think INCgamers should award such an honor (to be placed into your avatar) to some of you who post after post, year after year, continue to generously share your A to Z knowledge of the game. I dare say that some here know far more than even the original developers.

Thanks again all