Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two Questions Please...

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by compubuy, Mar 22, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 773

  1. compubuy

    compubuy IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2005
    Messages:
    157
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Two Questions Please...

    1) Is defense rating lowered while a character is running? I heard it is lowered to zero.


    2) I am trying to get a white plus 3 raise skeleton, plus 3 skeleton mastery necro head with 2-open sockets. Is there a cube formula that rerolls staffmods on white items? If I put eth+lum in it, wouldn't it be the highest plus to rs & sm necro shield possible, at plus 4 each?


    thanks for any help in advance!
     
  2. Pyrotechnician

    Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2011
    Messages:
    6,602
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    169
    Re: Two Questions Please...

    1. (Was incorrect about defesnes see below), your chance to block is lowered to a 1/3rd, so if you have 75% chance to block normally it will be reduced to 25% while running.

    2. As far as I know there is no way to reroll the staffmods on a white item, so you will just have to keep looking unfortunately.
     
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. Black Lotus

    Black Lotus IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2010
    Messages:
    1,155
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Re: Two Questions Please...

    There is a formula to make low quality items normal. The good thing about this is that it resets ilvl to 1 or so, which makes it possible to "roll" 1 tier mods on elite heads, namely raise skeleton, skeleton mastery and any third, possibly "godly" mod. Generally you should look for "cracked" etc heads, make them normal, then make sockets somehow (or does this recipe also make sockets? dont quite remember).

    +3 rs +3 sm splendor head gives +4 those skills, which is better than boneflame, and now there is a point to prebuff with +4 splendor than +2 spirit.

    I have never rolled +3 sm +3 rs head for my entire necro career, and its cost on market is just ridiculous. Like, enigma+6/6 cta or +4 splendor? Dont know what to choose :).
     
  4. Krupa

    Krupa IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1,890
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    165
    Re: Two Questions Please...

    1: iirc while running defense is not lowered or set to zero, but completely ignored during the hit-check
     
  5. Black Lotus

    Black Lotus IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2010
    Messages:
    1,155
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Re: Two Questions Please...

    Thats true, you have 100% chance to be hit (not even 95%) when running regardless of AR/defense and mlvl/clvl, every attack that can hit does so.
     
  6. krischan

    krischan Europe Trade Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2003
    Messages:
    27,395
    Likes Received:
    84
    Trophy Points:
    357
    Re: Two Questions Please...

    That's wrong.

    That's right.

    Blocking works as Pyro wrote.



     
  7. compubuy

    compubuy IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2005
    Messages:
    157
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Re: Two Questions Please...

    Wow, thanks for all this information! Some of you guys could be awarded a PhD in D2 at Blizzard University (if such a title existed,, of course). However, I think INCgamers should award such an honor (to be placed into your avatar) to some of you who post after post, year after year, continue to generously share your A to Z knowledge of the game. I dare say that some here know far more than even the original developers.

    Thanks again all
     

Share This Page