Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Two handed zealot skillpoints

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by zaphodbrx, Feb 10, 2012. | Replies: 15 | Views: 6738

1. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Two handed zealot skillpoints

Sup guys. What skills would you get for a 2 hand zealot that already has zeal, sacrifice , fanatacism maxed?
    So far I've been leveling holy shock + resist lightning as a PI killer. But it isn't really good and I wonder if anyone can improve on that..

I've heard that blessed aim and defiance add a hidden bonus when not active, is it correct?

Regarding vengeance, how does it work? The conversion into cold, fire, lightning.
    Lets say I have a 100 dmg weapon. Does level 1 vengeance do 70 cold, 70 fire, 70 lightning, 30 physical damage?
    If so, would it be better to level a synergy than the actual skill itself ( ie resist lightning )?

Thanks

2. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Re: Two handed zealot skillpoints

Vengeance doesn't convert physical damage, it just adds elemental. You do whatever physical damage you'd do with normal attack (if you've got 150 str and Might from a merc it would be roundabout 450 in this case), plus 70 of each element.

You get a passive bonus of 5% AR bonus for every point in BA. How useful those will be there will depend on your gear... odds are you're better off spending your spare points in Vengeance/Conviction.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  3. zaphodbrx

Sure about that? 15% seems a bit too good. I mean passive bonuses, not active. Fanatacism will be active.

4. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Whoops. I meant 5% :whistling:

Also I'm not sure that the Defiance passive bonus exists.

5. zaphodbrx

Thanks.

I decided to go with one point in these auras: Vigor ( speed ), Redemption ( corpse removal ), meditation ( mana ), salvation ( conviction boss counter ), sanctuary ( undead PI killer ). Along with their prerequisites, I had just enough skill points to max out vengeance as well. And a maxed vengeance seems to be really effective, even without conviction or synergy. Most PIs are undead anyway, meaning that sanctuary makes them go splat.
    All remaining points will go into Blessed aim for passive AR bonus.

6. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

/revive

Do you mind posting a read-out of your Zealot?

I made a Death CS to use on my Berserker, and decided to try a two-handed pali while I was at it. Like you said in another thread, the speed it kills at is really something. I've never really liked Zeal much but this guys just melts everything around it.

Mine looks like this: http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd395/hubbza/Screenshot078-1.jpg

Crown of Thieves +15IAS
    Highlord's
    Death CS
    Enigma MP
    LoH
    Nosferatu's
    Gores
    RF + dual leech/AR/res
    CtA/Spirit switch
    Torch (this isn't SP) and AR/life GCs
    Might/Reaper's merc (also played around with HF but found it unnecessary)
    My skill setup is the same as yours above, except my remaining points (5 now I think) went into light res for the passive bonus and synergy to Vengeance.

View attachment 1544

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  7. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Not to step in or anything, but the power of a 2 handed zealot is quite amazing. The loss of the shield is the biggest concern but incorporating the death runeword into the build of a zealot really maximizes the chance of deadly strike which makes the build unstoppable. At level 99 (I know unlikely right) with death, highlords, and gores your deadly strike is at 101% so you will always be doing double damage of whats listed in the LCS, that combined with might, fanat, decrep, and skill damage bonuses the numbers are quite impressive, and since zeal is uninterruptible getting hit really isn't a problem.

Before 99 if you want to ensure double damage all the time you can switch in guilliams helm. I think the best thing you can do for you build (if you can stand to lose teleport) is to obviously switch out the enigma for a fort, as that will provide you with yet another 300% ed which is then again doubled due to deadly strike. There is a reason death is the favored weapon for a charger build.

8. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

a thing that i would try is switching the CoT for a dream helmet. i played a paladin like this in classic and had a bit trouble with the crowd control. dream provides most importantly ctc confuse when struck. while you have no shield, it should proc non-stop. that is also a neat place to sink the remaining skill points, which will at the same time increase your maximum light resistance

delirium has better ctcs, but the 1% morph is way too annoying

9. zaphodbrx

-edit- see thread here

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  10. Merlyn

Merlyn IncGamers Member

Is there any direct laid out 2-handed zealer builds? I know its pretty much basic zeal/sacrifice/fana then a 2-hand weapon etc. But i hate trial and error. I dont plan on my own well lol i like having direction.

11. zaphodbrx

zrk's guide is pretty good.

I also made 2 hand zealot for Travruns, the details of which you can find here

12. Eyeback

Eyeback IncGamers Member

Charge is one of my favourite skill in Dia. Fantastic damage, knockback and thunder-fast attack.
    When I play with my zealer I always attack first with the charge than comes the zeal. Charge is almost like the assa dragon fly skill; mini teleport, so my point is; put some points into charge.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  13. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

Looks great, made myself a Death CS for my Frenzy baba but never realized a Zeal Pala might wield that one with 5 fpa.
    Lots of leftover talent points so Grief/HoZ(+Um) on the switch might make up for the very difficult area's (souls, heaps of hardhitters).

14. zaphodbrx

Call to arms is much better.
    If you need shield vs souls ( or anything else for that matter ), you're probably doing it wrong.

15. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

Well aint got a Call to arms, BoTD, Fort atm.
    Have 8% ll compared to 15+6=21% u have makes much lower survivability.
    Just recalling mixed memories on my fury druid with Tomb:scratchchin: so my first zeal pala might better be a 1H Shield mainly (only lvl45 atm)

Btw on Page 2 of your 10k run you post a screenshot, am quite intrested in your Gear setup there (perhaps it's better u post it there seems more relevant to me?)

16. zaphodbrx

It's more relevant here I think..

G-face (um), Botd wp, forti, highlords, LoH, raven, gore, SoE, rare tri res ring (25+ to fire lightning poison)
    3x Shimmering grand charms, steel and sharp GCs of vita/balance, assorted small charms.

I have made a 2H zealer before with more budget equipment. You can read about it here

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013