Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Traphunter build-> I want to hear ideas

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by jon, Mar 4, 2012. | Replies: 1 | Views: 1998

1. jon

jon IncGamers Member

Traphunter build-> I want to hear ideas

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#TRYikh!hUX!cbbaZZTrap
    Spike Trap with Scatter-> for quick placement and hatred generation

Multishot with suppression fire-> for massive discipline generation

Caltrops with jagged spikes-> acts as another trap with 60% slow + 45% damage (I beleive it is still per second even though it is not stated)

Sentry with spitfire turret-> Adds rocket damage (I believe it shoots more than 1 arrow/rocket per shot since the discription seems to imply the word "enemies," plural.

Preparation with Punishment-> 20 disc = 100 hatred= 7 multishots( with natural hatred regen)= 21 disc if at least 3 targets are hit with each multishot.

Rain of Vengence with Beastly bombs-> 150% damage x 20 shadow beasts = hatred dumb with a huge bang
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ballistics-> Adds more rocket damage to sentry (80% damage).

Custom engineering-> Caltrops lasts 12 secs, Sentry lasts 40 secs, and who knows what it does to spike trap? Really anyone know?

Night Stalker-> Even more disc regen from crits

-Playstyle-
    This built is build around a lot of disc regen to spam sentry, or to convert to hatred.
    1.) Set up your caltrops, 2 sentrys, and 3 spike traps
    2.) Replace spike traps as needed and multishot for disc regen
    3.) Cast more sentries/caltrops/spike traps
    4.) Cast preparation to regain hatred, multishot to regen hatred
    5.) Use Rain of Vengence cool down as a I.W.I.N. button against rare mobs and bosses

-Thoughts-
    1.) Replace Spike Trap with Volitile Explosives Bola shot
    -The increased aoe explosion would result in more disc regen through night stalker procs and possibly more dps than spike traps
    -Wouldn't have any single target hatred generators

2.) Replace spike trap with Gas Grenades
    -Paired with caltrops to keep mobs bunched up in the same area the 25% damage per sec would add up with grenade spam. Can the 25% damage per second crit?
    -Wouldn't have any single target hatred generators

3.) Replace Rain of Vengence with Fire Suport Ripid Fire
    -Unless Rain of vengence with beastly bombs will hit a solo boss target(boss with no adds) with all 20 bombs I have no single target hatred dumb
    -If rain of vengence with beastly bombs will hit a solo boss target(boss with no adds) with all 20 bombs that is 3000% damage for 40 hatred with a 30 sec cooldown
    -For 40 hatred rapid fire will pump out 1314% over 3 seconds with fire support and balistics passive, 100 hatred would be 3942% damage over 9 seconds.

4.) Any idea what exactly custom engineering does to spike trap?

5.) plan on using a 2h crossbow for the highest weapon damage for sentry, caltrops, spike trap, and rain of vengence. Sounds about right, right?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Go ahead and say what you think, be mean even. It won't bother me.
  2. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Re: Traphunter build-> I want to hear ideas

Good build and one that's very similar to what I plan to try in the final game.

As it is, I think Scatter is completely useless. Spike Traps are free and barely have a cast time. A trapper build like this is probably much better off by choosing Bandolier, which enables better concentrated damage or more traps spread out over a larger area.

Either Spike Trap has a duration not shown in its tooltip, or it had one in the past and the tooltip of Custom Engineering wasn't updated yet.

That's what I would do as well.