Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Transferring my Paladin from my PC to my laptop

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Goldtru, Jun 7, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2134

1. Goldtru

Goldtru IncGamers Member

Hi,
    Apologies in advance if this has been covered extensively. I have to take a work trip next week, and wanted Sir Michael to accompany me (as no lady should travel across country without a fearless and noble knight at her side). However, when I put Sir Michael onto a flash drive and uploaded him to my laptop, to my horror I discovered that he was much further back in the game than he should be. He is a level 24 Paladin who is about to finish Act 2, and after travelling to the Land of Laptop, he dropped back to a level 19 who hadn't even found the Horadric Cube yet. He was extremely embarrassed by this loss of honor, and I'm wondering if anyone here can help him restore his noble deeds?

Thank you.

Trudi
  2. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

I'm sure this was meant for D2 newcomer forum.
    I'll just give it a little move to there.
  3. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

This sounds like a win vista/7/8 permissions issue. Your actual save is probably in a 'virtual folder' Enable hidden files/folders and go to this folder. I used user for the windows login name change it to what ever you use to log into windows.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\saves\

Hope this is the updated one.
  4. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

To clarify/enhance what Ladvarian said, use the Windows search feature to locate all version of the Sir Michael save file (on your desktop computer). It is possible that you copied an old version of your character. Search for d2s (this is the d2 character file type) to be sure that you find all the available d2 character files. It may be as simple as identifying the newest file. If this doesn't resolve your problem, do ask again and specify what went wrong.