Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trading in D3...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by IsARealBoy, Apr 9, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 5975

1. IsARealBoy

IsARealBoy IncGamers Member

Trading in D3...

Hey everybody, I've been a reader for a while but this is my first post...

Does anyone know how trading is addressed in D3? i know there are the AH's,
    but are you still able to trade in the same fashion as D2?

This has been concerning me for a bit, especially with the inability to name your
    game rooms. Some of the best times I had in D2 were hopping the trading rooms or
    making your own, "Tal Rasha's Am for such n' such". Also, the maximum number of player's
    per room now being 4 as opposed to 8. If your still able to trade, I just can't see it being
    as fun/effective as how I remember it in D2.

I'd appreciate your answers and feedback!

2. BZK

BZK IncGamers Member

Re: Trading in D3...

There is no support for player to player trade except a general trading channel in the game. So you have a channel available when you are on the game menu outside of a game and that's it. If you want to trade you will have to exchange battletag to join game through the friends. I don't think the general channel are available ingame.

3. IsARealBoy

I'm not sure how I feel about that. While I guess it can make finding that specific set piece your looking for easier, it doesn't seem as social or personable as D2 trading was.

Thanks for the quick reply.

4. DexA

DexA IncGamers Member

Real Money Auction House

5. IsARealBoy

Are you stating that that is what we are supposed to use for trading now, or slyly stating that Blizz is trying to nudge our hand by taking away the easy D2 trading system?

6. Hellpyre

Hellpyre IncGamers Member

I know it's possible to exchange items directly - that has been addressed in regards to items with dyes. However, I'm not sure on the exact system.

7. skien

skien IncGamers Member

definitely read somewhere ingame trade will work, it will be a different scenario though, obviously.

8. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

You can trade items in-game between players by right-clicking on their icon in the top-left corner of your screen and selecting trade from the pop-up menu.

Player to player trade didn't really change compared to D2. There's a trade channel where you can advertise items and you can negotiate the price with potential buyers in whispers. After that it's just a few clicks to start a game where the trade can take place. With the AH being easily accessible expect heavy competition though. In D2, without the AH, the market was only as large as you had time to see. This won't be the case in D3.