Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tracking Commodity Prices

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by MegaSkeleton, Jun 13, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 4986

1. MegaSkeleton

MegaSkeleton IncGamers Member

I'm interested in seeing the direction of the price of commodities, whether they are rising or falling in value. Not sure if anyone else is working on that, if so do you got a link? If not, I might start publishing price checks on commodities here.

Anyone else interested?
  2. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex IncGamers Member

I am very interested.

I am so pretty darn interested in the value in buying up hundreds of small gems, running them up to nicer gems and selling them. Is that worthwhile?
  3. calciumantacid

calciumantacid IncGamers Member

Not worth it. Even the high tier gems that require recipes are being sold below cost. Other commodities (crafting mats) fluctuate somewhat but not enough to make quick profit. The AH was also patched to prevent speculation so you can't really snipe very well any more.

You can still buy up commodities to try to save your gold from inflation. A boost to crafting is coming in an upcoming patch so materials could gain value.

4. MegaSkeleton

MegaSkeleton IncGamers Member

5. atrevely

atrevely IncGamers Member

This is the only one I know if, but it's pretty sweet for tracking day-to-day prices:

http://www.d3rmt.com/auction-house/

You can click on a specific commodity in order to see a graph of its price over a selected range of dates. Pretty useful. I have some thoughts on commodities here that I'd be curious to get peoples' opinions on:

deckardprospectus(dot)Blog Spot(dot)com

Seems like the kind of thing you guys would be interested in.