Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tournament: The Art Exhibition

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Atil, Jan 31, 2006. | Replies: 161 | Views: 11788

1. Atil

Atil IncGamers Member

Tournament: The Art Exhibition

Harrogath is hosting an exhibition/competition in the Art Gallery (What do you mean “There isn’t an Art Gallery in Harrogath?†It’s the square building next to the Waypoint. Admittedly it only has crude paintings of Barbarians hitting things with sharp bits of metal or pointy sticks, but that is to about to change).

For the exhibition to be a success pictures are required according to the following rules:

1. Any new or existing character can compete. Any version, any difficulty, HC, SC, vanilla or (acceptably) modded.
    2. Each entry must consist of 5 pictures, to be submitted in the form of in-game screenshots. Images can be hosted by ImageShack or similar sites. (To take a screenshot, press the “Print Screen†key. The image will be stored in your main Diablo II Folder).
    3. Pictures must be of Unique monsters. (Original work only. No copies of other people’s work is allowed).
    4. Boss, Super Unique and Champion, Fanatic, Possessed, Ghostly etc. type monsters do not count. (Super Uniques spawn in fixed areas and include the likes of Thresh Socket, Pindleskin, Bishibosh, etc. The full list can be seen in ATMA’s Drop Calculator).
    5. One point will be awarded for each letter, spaces not included, of the Unique monster’s name. Rusthole The Flatulent, for example, would score 20 points.
    6. Unique monsters having each name beginning with the same letter score double. Sweaty Skull, for example, would score 22 points. Scale Skin The Scary would not score double as ‘The’ does not begin with ‘S’.
    8. Characters with the ability to use a corpse (for raising minions or horking) cannot claim the word “Corpse†added to the Unique’s name after it has been killed.
    9. The entrant with the most points wins. In the event of a tie, the winners will have one further submission of 5 pictures. If there is still a tie, the winner will be decided, by me, on artistic merit. This can be gained by having a theme to your pictures (e.g. “Unique Skeletonsâ€, “One From Each Actâ€, “The Forgotten Tower Five†or “Desert Scenes - Nightâ€. Use your imagination!)
    10. Characters may submit multiple entries. However, once a picture has been submitted, it may not be used as part of another entry.

Entries are accepted from now until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday 28 February 2006.

The prize is an ATMA stash of items I collected during Quickdeath’s Scavenger Hunt. All items were found using D2/LOD, v1.11b, vanilla, SC. Winner takes all, to do with as they please. The stash contains the following (fully repaired/charged) items:

Set Items
    Angelic Raiment Set
    Arctic Gear Set
    Berserker’s Arsenal Set
    Cathan’s Traps Set
    Cleglaw’s Brace Set
    Hsarus’ Defense Set
    Infernal Tools Set
    Isenhart’s Armory Set
    Milabrega’s Regalia Set

Aldur’s Advance, Aldur’s Rhythm
    Arcanna’s Deathwand, Arcanna’s Flesh, Arcanna’s Head
    Civerb’s Icon, Civerb’s Ward
    Death’s Guard, Death’s Touch
    (The Disciple) Rite Of Passage
    Griswold’s Heart
    (Heaven’s Brethren) Dangoon’s Teaching, Haemosu’s Adamant
    Hwanin’s Justice
    Immortal King’s Will
    M’avina’s Tenet
    Sander’s Riprap, Sander’s Superstition, Sander’s Taboo
    Sigon’s Gage, Sigon’s Guard, Sigon’s Sabot, Sigon’s Visor, Sigon’s Wrap
    Tal Rasha’s Adjudication
    Tancred’s Crowbill, Tancred’s Skull, Tancred’s Spine, Tancred’s Weird
    Vidala’s Barb, Vidala’s Fetlock, Vidala’s Snare

Unique Items
    Baezil’s Vortex, Biggin’s Bonnet, Blacktongue, Bladebone, Blood Crescent, Bloodrise, Bloodthief, Bonesnap, Brainhew,
    Chance Guards, Crushflange, Culwen’s Point
    Darkglow, Deathspade, Doomslinger, Duskdeep, Dwarf Star
    Endlesshail
    Fleshrender
    Ginther’s Rift, Goblin Toe, Gorefoot, Goreshovel, Gravenspine (Ethereal), Grim’s Burning Dead, Griswold’s Edge
    Hand Of Blessed Light (Ethereal), Heart Carver, Hellcast
    Iceblink, Ichorstring, Iron Pelt
    Kelpie Snare, Kinemil’s Awl, Kuko Shakaku
    Lance Of Yaggai, Langer Briser, Lidless Wall
    Magefist, Manald Heal
    Nagelring, Nightsmoke, Nokozan Relic, Nosferatu’s Coil
    Pelta Lunata, Pus Spitter
    Rakescar, Raven Claw, Raven Frost, Razorswitch, Razortine, Riphook, Rixot’s Keen
    Serpent Lord, Shadowfang, Skin Of The Vipermagi, Skull Splitter, Soulflay, Soul Harvest, Sparking Mail, Spectral Shard, Spellsteel, Steelclash, Steeldriver, Steelgoad, Stormguild, Stormstrike, Stoutnail, Swordback Hold
    The Atlantean, The Centurian, The Chieftan, The Dragon Chang, The Eye Of Etlich, The Hand Of Broc, The Iron Jan Bong (Ethereal), The Jade Tan Do, Thundergod’s Vigor, Tiamat’s Rebuke, Toothrow, Treads Of Cthon, Twitchthroe
    Ume’s Lament
    Venom Ward
    Windhammer, Wizendraw, Wormskull

Miscellaneous
    Wirt’s Leg (3-Socket)
    Weird Long War Bow Of Butchery (30 Maximum damage, +325 AR)
    Snowy Throwing Spear Of Fire (Adds 1-11 Fire Damage, Adds 7-25 Cold Damage over 1 Second)
    Glimmering Ring (+1 Light Radius)
    Circlet Of Life (Damage Reduced By 4)
    Long Staff Of Restoration (+1 To Fire Ball, Repairs 1 Durability In 20 seconds)
    Mechanic’s Crown Jewels Of Virility (Of Ages) (+14 STR, Indestructible)

Code:
    Forum Name       Artist Class      Artist Name       Title Of Work     Points
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Atil             Barbarian         Sigon             The Pit Pack      74

Example
    The Pit Pack
    Mind Maw The Slasher = 17
    Blight Shield = 12
    Gut Froth = 8
    Gut Tongue The Unclean = 19
    Ooze Froth The Mauler = 18
    Total = 74
  2. DementiaMaster

DementiaMaster IncGamers Member

My Diablo 2 is in french and some of the names are really long...Ex: La Veuve Noir: Dent de Feu which would be translated to 'The Black Widow: Tooth of Fire'. Unfair?
  3. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

I don't think I've ever seen a unique monster name with ":" in it. Must be a French thing....:scratch:
  4. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

Count me in Atil! I haven't joined any tournaments, and I certainly want to join one, but I haven't because I just started my 1.11 career and I want to have powerfull chars (to see how 1.11 in hell is) then I'll restrict myself (after the experience) so:

Code:
    Arreat_mercenary Necromancer       Morbius           Glory of Death    0

5. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Whoa! DM's french version would definatly have an unfair advantage, but if non English langs. are allowed, may I suggest that words with letter combinations that are in the alphabet as a unique letter (rr, ll, or ch in spanish for instance) be counted as only 1 letter.
  6. Arreat_mercenary

Unfortunately, the rr,ll and ch do not exist more in the official spanish as letters :cry: The Royal Academy of Language dropped them and now they are only "combination" of letters! Now our alphabet looks a lot like the english one :sad2:
  7. DementiaMaster

It would be unfair for me to join so I won't. No need to worry about it ;)

@jrlafrance: Vive la France! Wee! But the french Diablo 2 *IS* messed up. The translation is really poor too. Let's just say that a green coronna, in french, could be Iratha, Griswold or Milabrega. 'Couronne' is used by so many items types that it's impossible to tell the difference until you pick it up and/or ID it.
  8. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Drat! after I went through all that trouble to learn the Spanish alphabet song! It's one of the few things I remeber from my HS Spanish class...
  9. Atil

Atil IncGamers Member

Doh! I never thought about the foreign language versions :duh:

I could allow the main descriptors so you could have "Veuve Noit Dent Feu" =16. Getting all the names with the same letters could be a problem. What do others think?
  10. Arreat_mercenary

I know what you mean Dementia, my spanish version does the same, ring mail for example is the name for the exceptional and elite versions too, they don't change, that took me a lot to figure out. Solution? I just bought the english version :wink:

About Atil comment, for me it's fine, more players are always welcome, I do this for the fun, not for the prize itself
  11. Pucho

Pucho Banned

hey, we still have the ñ!
  12. Arreat_mercenary

that's right pucho, but I still miss those letters, it made more complex, enjoyable and artistic the spanish alphabet, not it looks almost exactly like the english one :evil:
  13. DementiaMaster

Most foreign languages have special letters... é è à ç in example. To remain on topic, I'll enter just for fun so if I ever score a monstrous amount of point and win, just give the prize to the second place.
  14. Pucho

Pucho Banned

I don't know about the french version, but there is a solution for spanish version users, the english language is included in the spanish version of the game. You can have english text in game
  15. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

ROFL Count me in :laughing:

I'll start hoarding images tomorrow.

Best tournament idea ever Atil :thumbsup: U the man
  16. Quickdeath

Quickdeath IncGamers Member

Whoa, Atil, what a cute idea!!!! Really clever, dude. A tiny bit like Scavenger Hunt, but with some really original twists.

I've still active in the SPUMPF Tourney and the Skill-less Tourney, and of course I've just finished hosting the Scavenger Hunt. So I'm not ready to jump in to new tourneys at the moment - but I'll watch this thread and start paying attention to my unique monsters and.....who knows? .....
  17. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I couldn't agree more. In fact, if I win, please donate the proceeds to the runner-up (or the giveaway thread).

Code:
    sirpoopsalot     Paladin           Gimmernator       Artsy Fartsy      0

18. jrlafrance

Cool idea Atil, GG! :thumbsup:

Code:
    sirpoopsalot     Paladin           Gimmernator       Artsy Fartsy      0
    jrlafrance       Sorceress         Rushette          The Louvre        0

19. jrlafrance

Questions about the rules:
    1. Can a player (me) submit multiple photos from different characters?
    2. Is an entry considered a player (me) or a character?
    10. By characters, I'm assuming you are talking about D2 characters.
  20. Chutspah

Chutspah IncGamers Member

I'm in

Code:
    Forum Name	Artist Class	Artist Name	Title Of Work	Points
    Atil		Barbarian	Sigon		The Pit Pack	74
    Arreat_mercenaryNecromancer	Morbius		Glory of Death	0
    sirpoopsalot	Paladin		Gimmernator	Artsy Fartsy	0
    jrlafrance	Sorceress	Rushette	The Louvre	0
    Chutspah	Paladin		Hammerdude	None yet	0