Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tons of gear lost to battlenet

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by marknorris, Oct 5, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1167

1. marknorris

marknorris IncGamers Member

I played up my druid to lvl 70 and was transferring a ton of gear to him that I have been collecting with other chars for a very long time and just got booted...
    I lost cerberus, 2x shaftshop, a 5 bo cta, nightsmoke, gores, atmas, reapers toll, vamp gaze, spirit monarch, 3x 100 poison scs, 12 mid hrs, 1 ber and my almost perfect roll ebotd GPA. WFT I never have this happen and I was only in 1 game with 3 characters in about the span of 8 minutes. Did I break a rule, I thought it was 5 character changes in 10 minutes or 5 game changes in 5 minutes. I think I am done for a bit, I have lost small pieces before, but the ebotd is really chapping my *** right now. I did not find the zod but I traded a bunch of gear for it and it took quite a while to build my stash for my fury druid. I know D2 is not blizzards primary concern anymore but wtf this is stupid.
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Its good to get that out! I know how you feel, I did (and am atm aswell) playing a lot of D2. So in the end I got another set of keys, so I could have 2 chars ingame at any time.

Never failed to mule for 2 years now, and Ive muled 1000+´items muling/stashing/trading..

Thats the only "safe" way to do it, I would never dare dropping items and come back with another char.

There are tons of secret rules, how to not get temped/rd'ed etc.. In the end, waiting 1-2secs between every click outside the game, is a good way to start!

If youd played on euscl, I couldve returned some items or at least runes to help you lick your wounds.

But its just wounds, dont quit!! I will never!

Peace and love, Archone
  3. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

I use two cd keys and fast user switching. I still lost my only angelic rings and ammy to a rollback out of nowhere a few weeks ago. Literally I had them on, then left the game, entered a new one, and all 3 item slots were simply empty... I don't think I've had that happen EVER. Luckily, its not irreplaceable, but even 2 cd keys isn't 100% safe.

I've been playing USwest HCL.
  4. Diabble Bobble

Diabble Bobble IncGamers Member

Oh yeah that sucks. Whenever I do that I make sure to wait around for at least 1 minute before switching characters.

My main problem is the server disappearing before I get a chance to log back on. Thankfully I'm too poor to lose anything of actual value.

If D3 did anything right it's the shared stash.
  5. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

I'm not a big fan of the stash implementation in D3. You actually have less room to store equipment than in D2. You only get your 3 pages of stash and inventory on 10 chars. That's it. If you want more stash, drop another $60 for another account.
  6. sixwings

sixwings IncGamers Member

If you wait for 5 mins in the game it will "perm" for 5 minutes which makes it a lot easier to mule.

I've been lucky and never lost anything, but when I'm transferring lots of really expensive stuff I do only those transfers, and I do only a couple things, then I will play a little more, and do a few more transfers in like a hour.
  7. Holy Dude

Holy Dude IncGamers Member

I lost my Enigma and my Insight once. The Enigma just disappeared, but I never let it out of my stash, and the Insight was gone after I exited a game where I was duelling my friend. The insight was on the ground and he said I have to get through him to get my insight. I picked it up, and then picked up my corpse, and he killed me, I left the game, returned, and it was gone. Thank goodness my Last wish was still there though. Does anyone know how these things happened?
  8. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

There are two places I dont want my items to be in: on the corpse, and "window" slot (say, when you pick up an item with inventory opened). Both are buggy, like, you should never pick up a corpse with an item in "window" slot.