Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Titan Rumors: World Of Diablo???? On XBOX 720?!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Bad Ash, Jan 22, 2013. | Replies: 30 | Views: 5153

1. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Site Pal

http://lorehound.com/news/rumor-blizzards-project-titan-not-original-ip-heading-to-consoles/

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/more-titan-rumors/

we've all been duped by crazy forum posters before (on this site, more times than I like to remember as a mod :shudder:), but a couple of sites seems to think this has legs. It isn't necessarily world of diablo, but the guy starting the rumor claims its "World of Diablo-like"

The fact that it's for Xbox has my mind partially blown as well. I am excited about Titan and am hoping we get some good info at Blizzcon...but if its for the new XBox we might get info a lot sooner as Microsoft surely would like this to be a big selling point for their new shiny console if true.

Would you play World of Diablo? I sure would.

Theres a bunch of rumors floating out there that Jay is working on possibly WC4. As long as it's not Titan I am good. I crave for more Titan info!

The biggest piece is that Titan is not a new IP, but is not Warcraft and involves their current franchises....Someone is suggesting blizzard DOTA, but that game is already announced and I think if they were connected we would know by now?

edit: I of course do not 100% believe anything I read about "forum posters inside knowledge of blizzard" anymore after all the D3 nonsense, but the guy apparently nailed the D3 release date and knew it was called project Titan before the rest of the gaming world did....grain of salt!
  2. Chaosmage

Chaosmage IncGamers Member

inb4 jay wilson reference
  3. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

It can't be World of Diablo because it is going to be World of Lost Vikings.
  4. Bad Ash

5. SuggestiveName

Wasn't that the early rumor? FPS MMO based on Starcraft or somehow as a partner to Bungie with Halo?

But no seriously, World of Rock 'n RollCraft: The Burning Rubber Crusade.
  6. Bad Ash

Watch out for the blue turtle shells.

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan...-ip-and-is-also-coming-on-xbox-more-rumor-r60

theres a link with the "leakers" quotes. :shrug:

Plus isn't bungie working on some crazy new game? Maybe the release info at the same time if it was a crossover (not sure if serious)

I realize I am just fear mongering at this point but heres a quote from the guy trying to prove that he has cred

"No, incorrect. Starcraft 2 was delayed because they're reworking the code since they decided to remove LAN play. My coworker lives with one of the programmers at Blizzard, so this is legit info. Blizzard operates like a factory, step 1 in game development is the programmers coming in to build to groundwork for the game. When they're done, artists, level designers etc.. come in next, and then those programmers are moved to the next project.

In Starcraft 2's case, programmers were pulled from 'other' projects to come back to Starcraft 2 to rework the network design. Its coming Q1 2010."

That was before we knew LAN was out AFAIK

And the first public mention of project Titan (for those not willing to click on the link)

I can't go into too much detail, but a guy on my team lives with a code monkey who's working on Project Titan at Blizzard. This is their rumored successor to WoW, and is located in the Diablo wing of the building, higher security locked doors. Think Willy Wonka level access. Nobody comes in, nobody comes out.

Anywho, apparently the majority of the underlaying 'code' for Diablo 3 has been done for quite some time. Blizzard runs development like a factory line, where programmers hop from project to project as soon as that portion is done. Apparently the design team is now working on Diablo 3, where many of the Diablo 3 programmers have moved into the Project Titan area to begin working there. This means (or so I'm told) that the core work is done, Blizzard is layering in the other teams to finish the game.

My coworker told me about Starcraft 2 not having LAN over a year ago, and said the Diablo 3 decision was in place before the game began production. Blizzard is going to give you every excuse they can, but the bottom line is that the purposely left the feature out of the games to combat piracy and FORCE gamers to you know ... buy their game.

Also, expect subscription tiers for Battle.net over the next 5 years eventually leading to no free to play model in the far future.

My sources are nothing I can directly link, so don't believe them if you don't want to. It doesn't matter to me who cares, all I know is I haven't been led incorrectly yet. I've met, and shaken hands with the man.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  7. SuggestiveName

8. Bad Ash

All these rumors could be rubbish :). Apparently the guy running titanforce got an "anonymous email":
    Greetings.

With reference to your recent article regarding Titan being an existing IP.

I would like to remind everyone of a little game called StarCraft Ghost. It was widely reported as cancelled in 2006, mainly as Blizzard was not satisfied with the multiplayer functionality. Consider that the first rumblings of Titan was about this same time period, and that Blizzard themselves denied that the game was cancelled at a trade show in 2008 (see the Ghost Wikipedia page for full quotes) and you can see where this is going.

There is further evidence more recently. Note Blizzard\'s heavy handed reaction to the highly publicised World of StarCraft mod for StarCraft 2. Or that ex employees have gone on to work on MMO\'s that have a sci fi squad shooter basis. (Red 5 studios\'s Firefall and Trion World\'s Defiance) It is not unheard of for people in the industry to know what the next big release will be, and to jump on that train early with poorer executions. Indeed, the games industry has a long history of similar attempts at \'innovation\'.

In my view, the signs of what Titan is are pretty clear. A new IP in an existing universe, that is not Warcraft.

Sounds familiar.

And here is the Wikipedia entry mentioned:

Metzen further stated that he believed Ghost had an excellent storyline that may be told in future novels following from DeCandido's Nova.[SUP][33][/SUP] In June 2007, Rob Pardo, one of the lead developers at Blizzard Entertainment, indicated that there still was interest in finishing Ghost.
    Blizzard's president Mike Morhaime and Pardo gave a presentation on the company's history at the D.I.C.E. Summit in February 2008. During the presentation, they listed games canceled by Blizzard, which did not include Ghost. When questioned about this, Blizzard's co-founder Frank Pearce explained that the title was never "technically canceled" and that it was not in the company's focus at the time due to a finite amount of development resources. Morhaime later elaborated that it was the sudden success of World of Warcraft and the concurrent development of StarCraft II that consumed Blizzard's resources, leading toGhost being put on hold.

[​IMG]

9. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Starcraft MMO would be my guess as well. Who doesn't want to play as a zergling?
  10. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

Isn't Titan publicly advertised as a totally new universe?
  11. Enkeria

Enkeria IncGamers Member

He said franchise, right? So it can't be Blackthorn, he is in just one game? Lost Vikings is in.. How many now again?
    Could be Diablo, but doubt it since Jay was transfered to a "new project / game". Would be ironic if he went from Diablo .. to Diablo.

Rock n Roll Racing MMO? Hmm... If Blackthorn was in more then one game, my vote was going to that game!
  12. betazoid

betazoid IncGamers Member

Project titan is MMO in space using Starcraft stuff.

Jay said in interview when asked what he would like to do and he reply that open world Diablo game, so that's what he is now doing. So basically they keep D3 simplified money cow and have all cool multiplayer stuff in new game, launched one year after D3 X2 around 2017-2019.
  13. Bad Ash

hence the rumor.

It states that its a new IP and the way they are going to twist it is by having it be a new game franchise within one of their own existing properties, not a totally new one.
  14. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

I would be damn surprised if it turned out to be a "world of Diablo", even if the Diablo-part was "a new IP within Diablo".
  15. Elly

Elly Administrator

I always assumed it was the wow prequel mmo.
  16. Neinball

Neinball <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

Those rumors are exactly like all the D3 ones that came before it. Every single one of the predictions is so obscure that almost anything will match up with it once the tiniest amount of real details get released.

"It's a new IP, but it's not." Oh see! It's a fantasy/sci-fi/ARPG MMO! See I was right because it's a spin-off of WoW/SC/Diablo!
    "We won't get any details until close to 2014." You mean when Blizzcon comes in the 4th quarter of 2013? What a psychic this guy is!
    "They have Xbox 720 dev kits!" Well since actuall trusted inside sources for reputable game journalists have pointed to a 2014 release for the next Xbox I don't see how anyone would be surprised that the major gaming companies have dev kits already since it takes 2+ years to make a game nowadays. **** even CoD has a 2 year dev cycle with two separate developers working in cycle to get one out every year.

Of course no one looks at the obvious obscurity of these predictions and when 'magically' these predicts come true everyone will clamoring for interviews and this guy will get make rounds of utter BS before he's found to be a fraud.

The least he could do is make something definitive to stand on like a lot of the D3 leakers did with the AH and such. I'd be a bit more intrigued (but still highly skeptical) if he said some real info, like a class or race list, the actual genre (sci-fi/fantasy) just more then these vague hints.
  17. Bad Ash

The reason these sites picked up on the story (when they usually wouldnt) was because he was the first person to say it was called "Project Titan" anywhere outside of Blizzard, he knew SC2 was axing LAN before anyone else did, and he said D3 was being pushed to 2012. Seems more reputable than "you gots to take my word for it lolz" rumor folk.
  18. Quingu

Quingu Banned

I would guess it's World of Starcraft. That would be a very logical move. There are few good Sci-Fi MMOs out there, besides EVE.
  19. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

I'm 99% sure it's Warhammer.
  20. Siege Valgore

Siege Valgore IncGamers Member

This would make sense if it was a Diablo MMO. Jay Wilson being the new director for Project Titan, hence his abrupt step down from Diablo 3.