Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Thursdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by superficial, Jul 20, 2006. | Replies: 12 | Views: 505

1. superficial

superficial IncGamers Member

Thursdaily

RL: i dont normally make threads, but today is my 21st bday! happy birthday to me =). had an awesome party last sat, drank a lot of shots but didnt pass out. Graciously declined the suggestion of a stripper

D2: working on my javazon and pure cold sorc
  2. ropepaelgen

ropepaelgen IncGamers Member

RL: Realized that I have to take the written exam to change my Iowa license to a Minnesota driver's license too late, and failed the test when I went to the DMV due to no studying. Who remembers, after 9 years, the exact distance you have to be stopped behind a bus with blinking lights?

D2: Working on my necro for the ADD tourny, probably gonna die very soon.
  3. ElmoCorruptsChildren

ElmoCorruptsChildren IncGamers Member

Happy 21st! Sadly, I still remember mine, which means I had too tame a time. But my great friend had his 21st 3 weeks after me, and we both got HAMMERED. Thank goodness for Ibuprofin..

...and my guess for the distance you should park behind a bus is 50 ft?

RL: Had a couple days off; wasted one day, and spent yesterday driving for about 4 hours taking care of random business. Spent approx. $260 between car registration, clothes shopping, food/groceries, and then beers at the bar...

D2: Been struggling to keep myself entertained with my own characters. Did maybe 75 TC3 runs, did a couple Tunnels runs with my Blizballer, and decided I needed to join another tourney. Playing my first Paladin in probably two years, so things are going slowly.

OVG: Playing GTA San Andreas for the second time this year, mostly out of boredom. I've got so many games left untouched (ie, GTA Vice City...), but I guess I'm going to stick with what I know. OH, saw that Paper Mario dropped to $20, so I'll have to get it eventually. Might rekindle my interest in Resident Evil 4.
  4. asdfgah

asdfgah IncGamers Member

Happy birthday!

Today I'm working a bit and after that it's time for another attempt for my driving license test :scared:. I'm really nervous this time but I just want it to be over so I can relax for a while. As for D2 I will either play more with my strafe zon, do some baalruns or.. something else :badteeth:
  5. Undying

Undying IncGamers Member

Happy birthday!

RL: Great weather here so today I'll spend a couple of hours playing discgolf i think.

D2: Hopefully getting a 3 os phase blade during some tunnel runs so that i can make Cresent Moon for my teslafroster. He's up agains hell ancients tonight.
  6. Arfurala

Arfurala IncGamers Member

Hey! Happy Birthday superficial!

RL: Summer Holiday for today and tomorrow. Woke up very late this morning, had my brunch and then read a book (its a book about preparing for your marriage, my fiancee asked me to read it). I suppose I need to have my haircut this afternoon.

D2: I thought I would play a lot today, but it turns out I didn't. At least I didn't touch it for the morning. I may play some tonight though.
  7. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

happy bday hope u have a gd 1.:laugh:

D2: same problem as elmo i just cant get motivated to play any of my carectors,

rl:nothing at all its the holidays (for me anyway) and most of me mates dont break up till friday and even when they do it will cost me a fiver to go c them (i have to catch a bus and there so dam expensive round here i suppose it 15 miles, grr i wish we had never moved house...)
  8. Atil

Atil IncGamers Member

Happy 21th!

I am slowly recovering from a bout of gastroenteritis that has seen me off work for 2.5 days. Even though I have stopped visiting the toilet every 15 minutes, I am still highly infectious and will be off for the rest of the week. This has also resulted in no D2, as it is a bit hard to concentrate when you are half wondering what your bowels are doing. (Severe stomach cramps, headache and a fever aren't that condusive to playing either).

Just out of curiosity, why do you have to change licences for different states? Are the rules of the road different in each state? What if you live in one state and work in another?
  9. maewyn

maewyn IncGamers Member

I believe that once you move, you have 14 days to get a new license for the state in which you now reside (at least pretty sure that is the way it is for Wisconsin residents).

rl: no playing time in a couple of days. Work, moving furniture, shampooing carpets, and general house cleaning for guests is taking up a lot of time.

Dii: hope to get a little time tonight. Hope to get my summoner necro through the rest of ActI NM
  10. Sinningthings

Sinningthings IncGamers Member

I'm too old to remember being 21. Happy birthday

RL: My whole family has gone up "north" for 5 days.*sad face*

D2: My whole family has gone up "north" for 5 days.*happy face*
  11. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Bringing the thread back from page 2 yet again...

RL: Took the day off from work today for a little rest and recuperation. I'm feeling much better now, and might even be able to make it through work tomorrow and a busy weekend in NY.

D2: Loaded up with the intention of doing a combined run with MadMardigan, then progressing my trappassin SneakySneaky. I forgot to up it to /p3, but decided to press on anyway. A random zombie in the garden dropped an ethereal 5 socket ettin axe, so after hearing all of the gushing over it, I went ahead and aborted the run and made this:
    Oath
    Ettin Axe
    'ShaelPulMalLum'
    One-Hand Damage: 210 to 424
    Required Dexterity: 35
    Required Strength: 135
    Required Level: 52
    Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
    Indestructible
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 83
    Fingerprint: 0x471ac39d
    +10 to Energy
    +329% Enhanced Damage
    50% Increased Attack Speed
    Prevent Monster Heal
    75% Damage to Demons
    +100 to Attack Rating against Demons
    +10 Magic Absorb
    Indestructible
    30% Chance to cast Level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
    Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (19/20 Charges)
    Level 17 Iron Golem (14/14 Charges)
    Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

I then did another full run to test it, and I'm impressed with the speed, although I'm wary about using an axe. You see, MadMardigan is the greatest swordsman in the world, not axeman. So it's a real shame mythical swords can't spawn with 4 sockets, and cryptic swords have crap for minimum damage.
    Oh, and on that run a very nice random boss in the ancient tunnels dropped me my very first Frostwind Cryptic Sword. Ka-CHOW!

So I need to figure out what affordable nasty runeword I can make in a sword for the poor swordsman, otherwise I'll just keep using my slow-ish upped Atlantean, and devote the rest of my gear to hitting that last BP.
    ~MM
  12. ropepaelgen

ropepaelgen IncGamers Member

Because I am now a resident of Minnesota, since I work here and live here, so I need to change my driver's license and registration to this state. I think it is stupid that you have to take a written exam just to change states, especially if they are bordering each other. There aren't enough differences in laws of the road and driving conditions to warrent such a restriction.

I did end up passing the written test the second time though, since I actually studied.

Although it depends on the state, most states require you to get your license and registration switched over within 30 days of becoming a resident. But it ends up being around 90 days after you move to it, since you don't officially become a resident until you are living and working there for 30 days, then they give you a 60 day grace period to get all the work done for the switch.

Useful info to know, for those of you moving to a different state, since if you don't register your car you can get fined, and if you don't get your license switched you can also get fined, as well as be required to take the written and driving exam to get your new one.
  13. superficial

superficial IncGamers Member