Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Thorns and Salvation?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by SoulGrenade, Jun 13, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 2146

1. SoulGrenade

SoulGrenade IncGamers Member

Building Paladin
    So I am loving Thorns and I know it is something I want to use for my party and I. However the only downside to it is that it does not reflect ranged attacks, which means that we are vulnerable to mages, who deal some of the meanest and most annoying damage. That's why I'm thinking of making my secondary aura Salvation. At first it seems like a great idea, Thorns can easily kill off annoying hordes of weaklings, and severely weaken heavy hitters. Then Salvation will keep my party from worrying about elemental resistances and we could take down mage bosses without worrying about getting nearly instakilled. The only downside to this, is that Salvation is required level 30, and I may be overestimating it's usefulness. So would Salvation really be worth it, or should I focus on weaker, but easier to level up defensive auras such as Prayer or Defiance?
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

If you need the 60+ resistances, then use it! Its a nice aura!

But there are alot better auras, to use as a "main" aura.
    It depends on your team, but thorns is only really good, if you have tons of "free" hp. Like alot of summons.

Otherwise, Fanatism or Conviction is usually better off in higher difficulties.
  3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Perhaps we could help you better if we knew what class/build the others in your party are?
  4. SoulGrenade

SoulGrenade IncGamers Member

Actually I haven't started my party just yet. My brother, my friend, and I are planning a weekend when we are all free. I'm doing a single player now just to figure things out being that I'm the only one of the three who has never played it before. I know my brother is going to be a Druid and he is bat-**** crazy about summons, and I THINK that my friend is going to be a Necromancer.
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Then, as a Paladin, Id suggest Might->Concentration->Fanatism in that order. 1 point is enough while leveling, max Fana. asap.

Thats if you want to go physical damage ofc. Using Zeal and Holy shield if you like.