Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Things to make farming more fun

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Mario, Nov 15, 2012. | Replies: 14 | Views: 1790

1. Mario

Mario IncGamers Member

While I enjoy farming in D3, I think it could be much better. I found it much more fun in D2, but I admit D3 keeps getting more fun as I play it more. I don't know how anyone else feels but I really liked doing meph runs in D2. You can do runs in D3 but something about how long they are makes it not have the same feel. Blizz wanted us to stop making so many ****in games I guess, with neph valor and the elite hunt at the forefront. I think D3 would be more fun if there was a way to fight all the bosses in the game in inferno like you could in D2 without having to do the whole act in the same order each time. I had lots of fun in D2 games killing all the act bosses (except duriel) and the dudes by waypoints like eldritch. killing the council was awesome. A bunch of blue and gold guys don't feel nearly as cool at this particular time.

I don't know how to implement this into the game but maybe people could post suggestions. Being able to travel between acts and kill every end boss with 5 valor would be fun and we'd still be in the same game for a long time. Or maybe put in boss valor that you get from killing purple guys and act bosses.

It would be really cool if purple guys in D3 did something good because now they are boring. Having a better chance to drop certian items or giving you a different sort of valor bonus would be neat. I found lvl85 areas in D2 really cool as well. It was fun to know you could get anything in the game, but there were still lots of items that dropped off easier enemies in other areas which were very valueable. (White and grey socketed stuff was cool too but we can't even get into that right now). Killing an enemy in D2 and knowing it had a good chance to drop a certian item because it was in the right level range was very fun (like doing nm flayer jungle for skillers).

What do you guys think would make farming more fun?
    Do you like farming in D3 more than D2?
    What would it take to make A4 in D3 worth doing?

tldr:
    make purple guys cooler
    a way to travel between acts would be cool (without valor loss)

post stuff you think would make farming in d3 more fun
  2. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

Sv: Things to make farming more fun

A guaranteed goblin or resplendant chest in each area.

Endless dungeon with increased mf for every level cleared

Truly randomized maps
  3. marshmallow

marshmallow IncGamers Member

Re: Sv: Things to make farming more fun

Farming isn't supposed to be fun.
  4. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Tell that to the massive quantities of people that purchased Farming Simulator 2013.
  5. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

Twelve years and half of a year later and there is still no way to identify all items in inventory..
  6. Jancokman

Jancokman IncGamers Member

but it was fun in D2, I never get bored of it.
  7. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

But!

Deckard Cain died!
  8. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I hold Cain's death as non-canonical (sorry, if you haven't finished Normal by now, you deserve to be spoiled imo). Killed by magical butterflies... If it was by Baal or Diablo, ok, but ffs...
    :hang:

I get a headache from all the short buff timers in the game... The Cinderella DH was actually fun to play, but after Fat Jay's funloving shenanigans, only WW build or Archon are optimal for farming, and both bore me to tears. I preferred boss runs to the NV stuff tbh. It would help if they upped the monster density; we should see literally hundreds of monsters explode per screen, not 10-30 as it is now. And there should be little to no gaps between packs. More blood and guts wouldn't hurt either... This game has lame carebear graphics (apart from a few piles of corpses, yeah yeah).

Ofc there is the bigger problem that most items are still boring and useless... But I doubt they'll ever fix that.

As for 'farming not meant to be fun' with regards to Diablo: that is like saying sex isn't meant to be pleasurable or food isn't meant to taste good. You'd make a fine prison warden or a Blizz pr person (not much difference in those two tbh).
  9. marshmallow

marshmallow IncGamers Member

Maybe you like D2 gameplay feedback/graphics/sound fx more than D3's, or the item rewards, but the farming itself is the same repetitive tedium, whether it's D2, D3, or RPG X. There's a reason most people quit and move onto greener pastures once heavy grinding is required to progress. You're trading large amounts of time performing mind numbing tasks for theoretical future rewards.
  10. Death_StrikeR

Death_StrikeR IncGamers Member

D3 let you explore the whole act for efficient farming, D2 only let you farm-rush a fixed area.

Altho D2 provides the most "rewarding" in terms of loot, D3 provides the most "fun" in terms of gameplay.

D3's randomness of elites, its affixes, the map, make your overall(changeable) skills put into use.
    Altho D2's Act Boss hunting's redundancy appears boring, it is not.
    But the gameplay aspect of it are put into question since everything is predictable.

I love both of them with respect to farming,
    The only thing that make farming fun is by being efficient and tons of MF to boot.
  11. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Seriously, the guy was around 70 in Diablo 1 so he would have died if you breathed on him!

This. Finally someone who understands how Diablo 3 is "funner" for farming.

Although, I admit, some more randomness would be lovely.
  12. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

These. Especially the monster density, in some areas it's ridiculously low which results in the never being played. Feels like such a waste!
  13. Napo

Napo IncGamers Member

You mean adding Travincal or pre Ball gauntlet type of stuff into D3? That would be pretty awesome, im guessing thats what the "quests/events" are supposed to be...
  14. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

I still want to be able to simply run bosses without having to get NV before items drop.
  15. diablotwoplayerforlife

diablotwoplayerforlife Banned

Jay, is that you? I didn't know that you had a user account on Incgamers. Ah, good old Jay Wilson.