Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Torture Chambers of the Mad King? Question?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by ChaosDK, Apr 28, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1708

1. ChaosDK

ChaosDK IncGamers Member

The Torture Chambers of the Mad King? Question?

What happened to this quest. I was reading about it and it only appeared in the demo during blizzcon 2010? I guess 2 years later they decided to not have this in the final game? Could anybody give me some history on this?? It looked like it gave some good story to the diablo 3 game to prior events of diablo 1. Here is a video of it and it looks pretty sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMjknAZtztQ&feature=player_embedded
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. JackalYYC

JackalYYC IncGamers Member

Re: The Torture Chambers of the Mad King? Question?

Just out of curiousity, where did you get this information? Is there some info somewhere that says what is in that video is no longer in the final release of D3?

3. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

Maybe ChaosDK is under the misapprehension that the D3 beta is the whole of Act I. That is a widely shared misapprehension!
  4. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

If your talking about the beheading and all that. It's in the final game. All we saw in the beta was a preview of it with Lachdanan.
  5. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

That's at the end of the act. I don't know this for sure, but I think you go to Leoric's Manor and then exit and appear at that blue-ish outdoor area from BlizzCon 2010. Then you go into the torture chambers.
  6. Arcanae

Arcanae IncGamers Member

There is a lot of speculation that King Leoric doesn't appear in the final game where he appears in the beta, that he way pushed back much earlier so that the beta would have an interesting final boss, instead of some random monster. I believe Flux wrote about it few weeks (or months?) ago, that there is certainly strong possibility that the beta is constructed from various enviroments that simply don't show in that order in the final game. I do think this true, because of all the things we have already seen from previous reveals, like Torture Chambers and the Warden boss, and all the other locations and characters connected to Leoric which don't make much/any sense if we kill Leoric before we even get to them.

EDIT: Here's the Flux's post about it, he puts it much better then I.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/co...s-between-the-diablo-3-beta-and-the-full-game
  7. Scorch Hellfire

Scorch Hellfire IncGamers Member

Except that the crypt of the Skeleton King was under the Cathedral in Diablo 1 so it makes the most sense for him to still be there... The prison and torture chambers are most likely under his manor which you go to towards the end of the act some time after facing the second act 1 mini-boss...
  8. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

True, but you can always re-visit the Cathedral. Just like you do before and after doing the Cemetery.