Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Skill Interface

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by fnaxqtr, Apr 22, 2012. | Replies: 11 | Views: 1059

1. fnaxqtr

fnaxqtr IncGamers Member

The Skill Interface

Hi all,

I have asked some friends of mine (they played d1/2, but didnt follow the progress of Diablo3) after they tried the beta this weekend, if they like the skill INTERFACE (lets not talk about the system please ;) )
    And they all had similiar answers (some main points)

- confusing at the beginning
    - no real overview of progress threw leveling
    - not appealing
    - they didnt know that skills do weapon damage until i told them so

Well, i think this UI needs to be changed to better one (at least an option for a more overviewing one), the one we are using at the moment is just awefull.

Just for the record, they liked the rest of the game.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

Re: The Skill Interface

I might add that I let my friend, who doesn't play games at all, play the beta. She understood the skill interface and skill purpose almost instantly despite no previous gaming experience AND her poor English.

I'm an old D2 veteran and I actually like this interface a lot more than the previous one that was in the beta (although the skill descriptions aren't perfectly clear until you try a skill but it doesn't matter since there's no penalty for trying a skill).
  3. fnaxqtr

fnaxqtr IncGamers Member

Well yes, i think "its not that hard to understand" but with confusing in the beginning i mean (turning on elective mode/advanced tooltips)

And still there is just no real overview over all your runed skill on one site.
  4. vladgd

vladgd IncGamers Member

I wish elective mode was on by default, or something was there to let me know it exists. How am i supposed to know of something like that unless somebody tells me about it, or i find it randomly?
  5. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

is bad.

I agree. Hoping for a an update in a patch before or after release.

6. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

Yeah exactly. I suppose though that players who can "handle" elective mode usually go in options and look around.

7. Tryzx

Tryzx IncGamers Member

I really like the skill interface. The only thing that bugs me is that there is no way to know how much %weapon dmg every skill does. I have to look on the internet if I want to know, or test it and try to figure it out myself.
    Imo they should add that value to the description.
  8. tuftyfella

tuftyfella IncGamers Member

to me it just seems over the top compared the the previous revision, which i prefered. not a great fan of the current Skill sheet UI tbh, just seems overly complicated.

didnt in any way stop me enjoying the open beta immensly though. :)

oh and Tryzx, there an advanced tooltip option for skills in the gameplay options menu when u press esc, it adds the dmg amounts. :)
  9. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

I hate it.. wish it was complex as in path of exile with options how you like ,now everyone gets the same at specific lvl.. sucks really :( nerfed down game no wonder everyone can follow this game so easy.
  10. OhMan

OhMan Diablo: IncGamers Member

The new skill interface just felt like Blizzard is trying to shepherd players into certain build styles.

The old one offered way more freedom, even more than elective mode. This is because you could use ANY of the hotkeys, you didn't have to unlock them. It was also a lot easier assign spells to hotkeys.
  11. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

bah, they are using a console interface. the only real issues with D3 are the little things that make it console friendly
  12. WDC

WDC IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's really really terrible. They messed up, but probably won't admit to it until months after release when mass amounts of long term players really look at it and point out how bad it is on the forums non stop.

Rest assured though, the blues will defend it until it's death, then change opinion as soon as the devs tell them they can.