Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The make or break moment for D3

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by SteveG, Aug 20, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 512

1. SteveG

SteveG IncGamers Member

Well, this is it, the make or break moment for Diablo 3, announcement of the first expansion. It's been 15 months since release, and it should be very evident by now to the devs, what's ailing D3. Will we finally get the features this game badly needs (better itemization, item customization, useful crafting, player controlled char development, zero AH dependency, more "open world," better quests, better social features, more randomization)? Or will we get more of the same, further incentivisation of the Ahs?

If I was a betting man, I'm gonna go with the latter. But we'll see, I still have a tiny bit of hope.

2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

-Better itemization / Item customization
    At this point, I'd only say it needs "optimization".

-useful crafting
    Dude, have you seen the glove / bracer / shoulder / chest whatever recipes with main stats on them?

-player controlled char developement
    I'd like to know what you mean by this. Is this an another "I do not want to have my wang exist so I try to cover it with leaves"-kind of a thing?

-Zero AH usage
    The game is fine enough to play at zero AH usage. Yes, everything will take longer and yes, it will be harder but that is what you choose.
    IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE FOOD, DO NOT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN AND JUST COOK YOUR OWN FOOD.

-more randomization and map variations
    This is one of the things that are somewhat needed.

-better quests
    How do you define a better quest? (Please, do not try to justify the hellforge quest being a good quest...)
    We are not exactly playing Zelda here. ARPG games consist of problems that can be solved with a two-handed weapon. If the game puts in "QUESTS THAT CHALLENGE YOUR MIND AND THINKING", then I think that the game tries to be "cool" way too hard.

-better social features
    Cool.

I am hopeful to the quality of the expansion, based on the past Diablo games and then comparing them to their expansions.

3. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

And I'd say it needs to be complete torn down and rebuilt from the ground up.

Four "good" recipes that are only good because they have high mainstat? I hope that's not your idea of a good, fun crafting system.

4. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

You are entitled to that opinion and about recipies, the game still does have good rare recipies even outside of the mainstat ones.
    A good crafting system is one that has possibilities. The chances of achieving them depends on the game and it's overall economy and itemization.

About fun... can't really say. Crafting for items is not really not that "fun", in any game. When chances are introduced in them, you mostly feel fustration with that 5 seconds of joy when finding a great item.

5. capnlarge

capnlarge IncGamers Member

I can guarantee that we're not gonna get player controlled character development because it would require a complete rewrite of the game. Same with removing the auction house. You are most certainly setting yourself up for disappointment if you are expecting those features.