Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Lore Book guide

Discussion in 'Feedback, Suggestions & Support' started by Risingred, Apr 18, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 6309

1. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

The Lore Book guide

hai2u folks

I started a collection guide for all of the lore books:

http://www.diablowiki.net/Lore_Book

I see that Brokenstorm added in a navbox which is helpful.
    I'm having some thoughts about it and not a lot of time to work on it, but looking for feedback regardless.

1. I have it currently saying that the books are chronological (I haven't gotten that done yet). But now I'm wondering if that will be the most helpful way to get players to their books. Maybe alphabetical per act? I'm not sure.

2. The navbox, as it currently stands, will end up being massive once the game is released. Is this an issue? Maybe break it up into tabs per act or something? At least some kind of partition or dividing lines in it, I think. But it's valuable and I would like it to stay.

3. Does this even belong on the "lore book" page? Do we want to call them lore books? Maybe a separate page for the guide?

Thanks.
  2. Brokenstorm

Brokenstorm IncGamers Member

Re: The Lore Book guide

Perhaps it would be best to classify them in the same way they are in the game.
    I don't remember what they were and the beta is down right now, but it was something like Places, People, Bestiary...

Of course those should also be in alphabetical order (let's hope Blizzard make it so they are also in alphabetical order in the retail game, because even now with the few "books" that are in the beta the ordering is a mess)
  3. Risingred

Yeah it's a huge hassle to organize them in-game.

But hmm. Perhaps we could put the bestiary in there as well, yeah. And then go by act?

4. Brokenstorm

Brokenstorm IncGamers Member

Sounds good to me

5. MrFrye

MrFrye IncGamers Member

Well, the beta's finally back up, so I was able to check the categories: Quests, World, People and Beastiary. And it looks like there will be so many entries that the navbox will have to be split in two, one for in-game lore and one for everything else. As for dividing things up by act, we'll just have to see how many entries there are and try to make each tab roughly the same size. I'll knock out a rough first pass for the lore navbox soon, to get a feel for what it will look like.
  6. Risingred

Sounds good, thanks Frye.

I'm thinking maybe we can put the collection guide on a separate entry and have one entry for lore books, one for the bestiary, third being the guide. Otherwise it's just too much on one page and it would probably require disambiguation the way it is now.
  7. MrFrye

MrFrye IncGamers Member

I agree that the collection guide will probably be too extensive to put on only one page. Also, I went ahead and started a lore navbox, which at the moment is only on the Lore Book page.

Edit: Whoops, accidentally posted before I was done.

Anyway, the lore navbox is obviously a work in progress. After the game comes out, and we know how much in-game lore there is (I'm guessing a lot), I should be able to squeeze in the out-of-game lore.

Speaking of which, I find myself concerned that Blizz has abandoned the Writings of Abd al-Hazir. All references to him disappeared from the official site a long time ago, and they haven't even mentioned him since then. Has he been replaced by the in-game lore? I'll be happy to add his writings to the navbox as soon as I'm sure that they don't qualify for archived status.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012