Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The i-phone

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Athelstan, Sep 11, 2007. | Replies: 110 | Views: 4503

1. Athelstan

Athelstan IncGamers Member

The i-phone

so, it was about time for a new phone, and my contract just expired, so i decided to buy an I-phone. And I must say its one incredible piece of technology.

The phone is great, the iPod is just like a normal one, and the Internet is remarkable. I'm sitting in bed right now, typing out this message and surfing the forums. The virtual keyboard takes a bit of practice to get used to, but it isnt too bad.

I definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about getting one, especially with the recent price drop.
  2. pip boy

pip boy IncGamers Member

somebody has money to burn

I dont even have a mobile.
  3. Heilage

Heilage IncGamers Member

I'll problaby get one when they arrive here in Europe, hopefully with 3G.
  4. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Talk to me when it comes in a 3.5G or faster flavor that actually works in Japan.
  5. RazCotton

RazCotton IncGamers Member

Nice, how are the quality of the picture from the camera? If they are any good I'll probebly buy one..what gig did you get and how much was it?
  6. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Maddox link in . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .
  7. Gertlex

Gertlex Banned

The proper smiley for this thread is :prop:... (even if that's not a choice)
  8. Johnny

Johnny Banned

mp3 player, and internet in a phone is not really a revolutionary idea. Even if you overprice it.
  9. rare

rare IncGamers Member

i enjoy the occasional copy/paste and video recording now and then.

so this phone isn't for me..
  10. S Z

S Z IncGamers Member

11. Athelstan

Athelstan IncGamers Member

Zomg I-Phone haters!! I haven't used the camera yet, sadly. And yes, I feel like a huge :prop:. Then again, I'm already posting on the off topic forums of a game I havent seriously played since I was a teenager.

Yeah, the I-Phone was definitely overpriced at release, which is why they cut the price so quickly. I bought the 4 GB model, which is being discontinued, although I really dont need the 8 GB model and i wasn't about to spend another 200 bucks for 4 GBs I'll never use. The 4 GB model is currently $299, and the 8 GB model is $499.
  12. WzWz

WzWz IncGamers Member

I love how the people that lined up overnight to buy it are complaining about the inevitable price drop.
  13. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Well two months is pretty quick for a price drop, but they were willing to pay they price they did so they should STFU and GBTW.

14. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Anyone know how many units have sold compared to projections? Or maybe Apple didn't state projections. I am just wondering if the price drop was related to less-than-expected sales.

And price drops are to be expected of course but this one was pretty large. Apple seems to know that otherwise they wouldn't be offering the store credit.
  15. toader

toader Banned

It would be nice info to know, but honestly it doesn't matter what the real reason is. Wall street perceived it to be the reason you mentioned, and Apple stock too a big steaming crap since they announced the price drop.

16. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

A 9$ swing on Apple stock isn't that uncommon. They went up a lot today on the announcement of not caring what iPod/iPhone hackers do. It'll probably also jump when the iPod touch is actually shipped, it happens with nearly every Apple hardware release outside of the Pro Mac and Servers.

They sold 1 million iPhones in 2 months. Apple said hey want to sell 10 million iPhones in 2008, with current sales they would hit 12 million. You have to account for all the early adopters though, there were 500k sold the first week or so. Still that averages out to like 13,333 iPhones a day since release.

I think the price drop wasn't based on poor sales overall, just poor sales of the 4gb. I said it when the iPhone came out that 4 gigs isn't enough space, if I am going to replace my phone, pda, iPod(Video files are big, pictures add up quickly too), and potentially my thumb drive I need more space. Look at the new Nano, 8gigs, which is pretty much the minimum you can have if you watch video. Personally, I still think there will be a 16 or 32 gig iPhone for the holidays, dropping the 4 gig was to free up production space for another model.

Apple is in a unique position, they can sell more units of an untested/new device then any other company in the world. To do so they have to have lots of units available, especially for the holiday releases. Announcing the new iPhone in early December would be a huge loss for Apple if they didn't already have stock being built up.

17. th5418

th5418 Banned

Are we tlaking about the same apple stock here? It went down 1.50 or so today.
  18. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I'm seeing 1.22 here, I confused my columns on my stock game at school, I am still positive from where I bought even though they did drop today. So they are positive from 10 weeks ago.

19. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

They've sold a million of them already. I think it's selling just as they expected.

20. Gertlex

Gertlex Banned

I believe Steve Jobs wants to sell 10 million by the end of 2008.