Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The ebilness of the Ipod

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ogogo on ice, Jan 23, 2007. | Replies: 6 | Views: 330

1. ogogo on ice

ogogo on ice IncGamers Member

The ebilness of the Ipod

So, I've had my Ipod for like 1.5 years now, it's a 20G version of whatever came right before the video ipods. I've been having a problem that sometimes it just won't turn off. I'll hold the "play" button for about 30 seconds, and it refuses to turn off. SOmetimes, if I press random buttons, and then hold play again, it will turn off, but lately I've had to reset it to get it to turn off. Is this normal, or is my Ipod just being stupid? Also, I got the warranty for it when I got it, any chance this would qualify?
  2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Stupid, and yes.
  3. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Try redoing the firmware, it may help.

Other than that take it to an Apple store and see if they'll keep it overnight for testing, if there really is something odd going on they'll replace it.
  4. Lazer LXXVII

Lazer LXXVII IncGamers Member

I hear alot of issues with iPods that require either repairs or replacements within the first year.

Back around the time when i got my 30 gig Dell DJ, the 30 gig iPod was over $300, i got mine for $170. Mine has been working for the past 3 years, and i havent had a single problem, froze on me once, thats all.
  5. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

I have that too sometimes (referring to the original post here), but only if I shuffle a couple of hundred songs at once. What usually helps for me is pressing a few buttons and the nshutting down, like you said. Also, if you put your pod on 'pause' it will automatically power off after a minute or so.
  6. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

I think every iPod has troubling turning off, my Nano included. If it doesn't turn off, turn the hold button on, then off, then try turning it off. That usually works for me.
  7. garublador

garublador IncGamers Member

I've run into that a few times with my 60g, too. I just reset it. My 6 month old iPod has crashed more than my 2.5 year old Dell.