Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Diablo 3 Podcast #114: Hardcore Paragon 2.0 and Loot 2.0

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Hound, Sep 25, 2013. | Replies: 8 | Views: 1149

1. Hound

Hound IncGamers News Service

Discussion of live Paragon 100s and dead Paragon 90s, issues with public games, Loot 2.0 and Paragon 2.0's likely impact on Hardcore play, and a Witch Doctor makeover. Featuring Flux and Xanth.

<!--more-->

This show is the second half of <a href="http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-podcast-110-diablo-3-console-loot-1-5-debate">episode 110</a>, but there's no overlap between the segments and you need not listen to one to appreciate the other. This one was delayed since all the datamining and auction house shutdown news mandated emergency podcasts last week.

<ul><li>0:00 -- Xanth and the conundrum of a Paragon 100 Hardcore. Play and risk dying and losing future paragon exp? Strip him for parts and sell off the gear to get value now before RoS devalues everything? Make a new char and pass down the gear?

<li>5:30 -- Flux recounts the recent and tragic death of his Hardcore 91 Monk while Xanth cries like Nancy Kerrigan!

<li>10:15 -- Mystic crafting options and their impact on "near perfect" gear. Or even gear that's crap now, but would be fantastic if that one missing mandatory affix was present (like DPS?).

<li>16:00 -- Public games vs. playing solo. Why the hell is there no counter to show how long a game has been open? Noobs with terrible gear in HC pubbies. Flux and Xanth impersonate elitist scum.

<li>27:00 -- New skills from level 60-70. What should WDs get for new skills to allow new builds and diversity? Zoo Doctor build?

<li>34:00 -- Paragon 2.0 changing everything for Hardcore with the sharagon system? Will death lose its sting? To the extent that builds will change and passives that just save your life are no longer so necessary? Should dead HC char exp count towards Sharagon when the system goes live? Do we need individual character level up bonuses on top of the sharagon system?</li></ul>

The <a href="http://www.diablowiki.net/The_Diablo_Podcast_Episode_Guide"> Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide</a> in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
    <ul><li>Listen <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/diablopodcast-com/">and subscribe through iTunes</a>.</li>
    <li>View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on <strong>You Tube</strong>, via our all-encompassing <a href="http://www.youtube.com/Diablo3Inc">Diablo3Inc channel</a>.</li>
    <li><a href="http://diablo.incgamers.com/feed/podcast" target="_blank">Get the Podcast RSS feed</a></li>
    </ul>
  2. unixtreme

unixtreme IncGamers Member

I\'m sorry, but I have to disagree that support classes are useless, I\'m currently farming mp7 on a group and if we can do it is because we have 2 support classes and 2 dps classes:

- CM wizard with low dps high tanking aspd and crit.
    - Cyclone monk (my monk) really tanky and focused towars soaking damage for the party and gathering all mobs together.
    - WD high dps.
    - Last spot varies deppending on the fourth player, usually another WD.

While you can do mp7 just having shitloads of DPS, it\'s way more efficient if you have a team setup around certain AOE-synergy, it\'s way safer than one could think before seeing it and the xp/hour is really good.

So, this is not a playstyle that most people like, but I made a tanky set of gear for this purpose and I never switched back to my 130-140k dps gear because playing with people like this really made the experience more enjoyable, everybody has a function in the group and you can do harder content teaming up with good players.
  3. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

It is going to be terribly annoying to gear up without the AH.

Bye Bye Efficiency.
  4. Cmelda

Cmelda IncGamers Member

AH in D3 is not about efficiency, it is pure exploit (the way it was implemented). Playing the game to obtain better gear is annoying then?
  5. Fortuan

Fortuan IncGamers Member

Still looking forward to more info on Loot 2.0 even now. I doubt they\'ll fix the mainstat issue but we\'ll hopefully see some kind of rework to alleviate that design flaw.
  6. RaiJin Roh

RaiJin Roh IncGamers Member

Flux, when you play solo with monk on hardcore play with Backlash + life leech weapons.
  7. Flux

Flux Administrator

I consider LS on the weapon essential for a HC monk using Sweeping Wind. so yes. Backlash is giving up a ton of DPS for a skill that\'s only (maybe)a life saver in case of lag or disconnect, so I will elect not to be that safe.
  8. MysticAnomaly

MysticAnomaly IncGamers Member

On the topic of hardcore and the sharagon system, I think the addition of ladders may be their solution to most concerns. Non-ladder hardcore will be like the softcore of hardcore players. They may end up saying, sure lets give them all the sharagon xp for the dead characters, but ladder will start fresh.
  9. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

The AH is absolutely about efficiency. It's absolutely the most efficient way to liquidate good items you find in the game that you do not need/want, which you in turn use those assets to buy upgrades that you have not been able to obtain by playing the game. That IS "playing the game to obtain better gear". I can't believe the number of people that seem to think that using the AH means that you aren't playing the game to find loot. I have over a thousand hours (as I'm sure Kornkills does) playing this game slaying monsters to find loot. Liquidating most of that loot in the AH has allowed me to buy exactly the gear I want for my character.