Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Compilation Tournament- Game Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Malevolent, May 25, 2012. | Replies: 118 | Views: 8271

1. Malevolent

Malevolent IncGamers Member

HI!

After deciding that there needs to be another tournament going on and racking my brain for an idea I have found an idea that will suit EVERYBODY!!

Rules
    1- Untwinked(extended stash may be allowed)
    2- Hardcore (or SC until first death)
    3- RWM may be used
    4- Mal- If you play a Necromancer you MUST wear armour that gives you red pants
    5- Mal- Multi Pass
    6- Mal- All posts in this thread MUST incluse at least 1 smiley in it
    7- Pharphis- Must not wear any elite gear
    8- ONTRTA- Hard core rule for mercs, if they die you are not allowed to revive them. Not even to retrieve their items. You may hire a new merc if they die though
    9- djmbbandie- topazes of any kind are only permitted in armor.(so no weapons, helms and shields count as armour)
    10- Jason - Form here on in, Malevolent may only post one smiley per post in this thread
    11- Jason - One item slot must always remain unequipped. You can change which slot at any time.( 1 full weapon switch counts as 1 item slot. eg- to have your empty slot count as a weapon switch you must leave BOTH parts of it empty)
    12- Jason - Each charm of the same size must look the same (there are 3 different designs for each size, I believe). Stats are irrelevant
    13- ONTRTA- If you choose to wear two rings they must also have the same image
    14- ONTRTA- Quest rewards, Charsi's imbue, Anya's personalization and Larzuk's socket quest must be used before competing acts 1 for Charsi and act 5 for Larzuk and Anya. You may choose not to use one, but you may not go back to receive those rewards if you complete the current act first
    15- Pharphis- Any and All stashed gold must be used or discarded at the end of each difficulty.
    16- Pharphis- When taking into account all of your equipment, no runes used must be the same (if you have a helmet with a zod rune, you cannot have a shield, weapon or body armor with a zod rune). This also means you cannot have 2 of the same rune in a single piece of equipment, such as 2 zods in a weapon
    17- djmbbandie- Gambling is required when the accumulation of 200,000 gold pieces is reached (normal), 500,000 (nightmare), and 1,500,000 (Hell). The items you choose to gamble for may be of your own choosing. Gambling may stop only when the player cannot gamble anymore items
    18- djmbbandie- All amulets are fair game and equipable (blue, gold, yellow, orange, green)
    19- TrubbaNot- You may buy one town portal tome, but otherwise you may only use portal scrolls you find
    20- TrubbaNot- At Level 30 and 60 you must review your charms and keep only those with both a prefix AND a suffix. After level 30/60 you may aquire new chams however. So you must mule off (or sell) your Grand Charm of Sustenance but you may keep your Lizard's Grand Charm of Dexterity
    21- Jiansonz- If you want to use any kind of throwing weapon (dagger, axe, javelin), it must be rare, crafted or unique.
    22- RuddyC- Resists - you may only use equipment that gives you resists to any one element or to all of the elements. Dual or tri-resist equipment are only permissible if the resistance % is the same across all 2/3 elements
    23- RuddyC- Bugging Andariel is not permitted (You must IMMEDIATELY save and exit after killing her (pick up the stuff of course, DONT TALK TO WARRIV!)
    24- RuddyC- All jewels on your equipment (including switches and moron equipment) must be of the same colour

Please write down or print out a set of these rules, I understand that it will take a while to get used to the complexity of it all but please try you best.

A big thankyou to all the people who contributed by making a rule, the tournament is OPEN now and ANYONE may play.

:jig:( only one smiley per post is gonna kill me! )

If sombody could make a table for me i would really appreciate it, just all the usual things, they have changed the format of them since I was last around
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  2. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Site Pal

Tournament added to the tournament thread :)
  3. coju

coju IncGamers Member

:loving: why isn't there a simile in jcakes post?

edit: nvm... it's just a :) , :D
  4. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

:jig: all you want. :wink: It's your rule after all.

Edit: Nevermind. Was drinking an end of week whiskey, and nearly spit it out! XD
    Good one Jason!
  5. Malevolent

see :jig:

6. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Two questions:

Does rule #7 (can not wear Elite items) apply to mercs? :badteeth:

Rule #23: Can I talk to Warriv after killing Andariel if I play single pass? (Not that it matters much but it seems unnecessary since Andariel will not be killed again).
  7. Malevolent

- No, unless specifically stated all rule only apply to the main character
    -Sure, you can talk to him if you never kill andariel again
    :jig:
  8. RuddyC

RuddyC IncGamers Member

[TABLE="width: 500"]
    Forum Name Char Name Class/Build Progress Level Malevolent Act1 -N pharphis one nOOb to rule them all Jason Maher djmbbandie TrubbaNot jiansonz RuddyC [/TABLE]

table up. I suppose all those who have contributed rules are deemed to have entered :smug:.
  9. Malevolent

10. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Alright. I want an interesting build. I'll have to have another few looks at the rules, but I'm really leaning for meleemancer, for some reason. Comandomancer? I don't know yet :/
  11. One nOOb to rule them all

One nOOb to rule them all IncGamers Member

I am going to play as a Barbarian named WillBeDeadSoon. :crazyeyes:
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  12. pharphis

Alright, I think I want to do a golemancer. Inspired mostly by Pijus's video on his from a few weeks back. It's going to be really tough to keep track of all these rules :p

Edit: I think i'll try single-pass, as that's what several of the rules are geared towards.
    And question: 1- Untwinked (Mule off, not back on), does this mean we are allowed to use gomule as an extended stash for the things that we find with this character? I mixed up the similar rule for the slow and stead ytournament, and want to be sure right away.
  13. One nOOb to rule them all

I have a question regarding this andy bug thing. I have never heard of the andy bug, but more importantly how am I supposed to get to act 2 if I cannot talk to warriv?:scratchchin:

I wrote down all the rules on a notepad I keep on my desk.

On a game related note I am going to be using a polearm barb with berserk. I am also only going to do 1 pass, but I am going to do every side dungeon in the game. I will also do Players 8 as long as I think I can safely, will be interesting to see how long this lasts. I already had my first near death experience in The Cave lv1, A holy freeze aura archer pack.
  14. Morathi

Morathi IncGamers Member

Hey guys, thinking of coming back to D2 after i am already bored of D3 (srs)......with the rules. Do they all apply to everyone or just the usernames posted....i am confused.....
  15. One nOOb to rule them all

16. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

I'm going to combine my thought on the naked fishymancer and necromancers in general and do a bonemancer with only ring mail armor and wands/bows for weapons. Charms are okay too. I should die in the Stony Field or the Cave. Since mine is so crazy, I'll probably do some re running. Lots and lots of rerunning:whistling:.
  17. pharphis

Yes, the name just shows who made the rule, and he kept them in order, too.

The andy bug makes her do the quest drop every time you kill her, and it occurs as long as you talk to Warriv in the SAME game that you killed her in. If not, you can't bug her. Jiansonz is probably clarifying for himself since he may do some backtracking to an earlier area in the same game, but not want to leave, or something. With single pass you typically want to cover as much ground as possible, so it's a good idea to do all the side-dungeons and stuff.
  18. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

[TABLE="width: 500"]
    Forum Name Char Name Class/Build Progress Level Malevolent Act1 -N pharphis one nOOb to rule them all Jason Maher djmbbandie Insanum Necro/Bone only A1-Q3 12 TrubbaNot jiansonz RuddyC [/TABLE]

First to officially update:nod:. My necro is now level 12 and about to enter the Stony Field. Surprisingly, this build isn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. He has his red pants on already. Teeth is good for spamming against mass crowds. No sets or uniques yet. He also is wearing a belt and two rings of the same kind (one rare the other magic). He's using a jagged long Bow of Frost and a damaged wand with +1 Amp damage on switch. Surprisingly also, no real NDE's besides ColdCrow.
  19. Malevolent

A muling program can be usd as an extended stash.

Andy is only bugged if you talk to warriv in the same game as you kill her, so if you S+E and then conme back you cann go to act 2

:jig:
  20. One nOOb to rule them all

So I can create a new stash for just this game? Will clear up the 30 TP scrolls I am hoarding in my stash. The jail and barracks only had 1 bookshelf and it had a ID tome.

:confused: