Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Biggest Diablo Clone Hunting Guide Ever

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by hoarshade, Jul 17, 2004. | Replies: 484 | Views: 387408

1. hoarshade

hoarshade IncGamers Member

The Biggest Diablo Clone Hunting Guide Ever

I wrote this guide because of 2 reasons:
    1) I was bored
    2) Ive seen alot of people all over asking how to get their own annihilus charm

Any feedback/suggestions are welcomed, this is jsut the first draft so be nice, once I make a final draft ill post it some free web server somewhere so I can just tell people the link whenever I see people ask how to find an annihilus charm. It's kinda lengthy, but it has alot of important information.

Guide to Annihilus Charm Finding
    How to Kill the Diablo Clone​

There is 5 parts to this guide:
    1) Introduction
    2) How to make a character that is able to kill the Diablo Clone
    3) How to find Diablo Clone
    4) How to kill the Diablo Clone
    5) Help/Credits

Part 1: Introduction
    You first must understand a few basic things. The unique charm called the Annihilus charm is only dropped by a character that is named the Diablo Clone (known as Uber Diablo by some, but for this guided I will refer to him as Diablo Clone, or DC). Many people have no clue how to find this monster, so therefore have no idea where to get their own Annihilus charm (or as I will refer to it, the Anni). It is not very difficult to do this, and on average, depending on time spent hunting the Diablo Clone, should be able to find anywhere from 2-5 Annis a day. At first it might be confusing, but once you get the hang of it, you can easily find DC, kill him, and get your very own Anni charms. This guide will tell you how to make a character that can successfully find and kill DC.

Part 2: Make a Diablo Clone Killer
    Some people wonder if a specific type of character and equipment is needed to kill the Diablo Clone (DC), and the answer is yes. You must understand that some characters that are good at PvP (playerVSplayer, duels) or MvP (monsterVSplayer) may be terrible DC killers. I can tell you that the character I use for killing DC is very good at it, but gets destroyed in duels against other players. This is due to the fact that DC is unlike any other monster you have faced before

Before I talk about what character and equipment to make, you know about DC

DC has the following resistances:
    -95% to cold
    -95% to fire
    -95% to poison
    -95% to lightning
    -50% to magic
    -50% to physical.
    -About 650,000 life
    -Monster level of 110
    -Very high attack rating and defense
    -Does high amounts of physical, lightning and fire damage

By just looking at these stats, you should be able to figure out a few things:
    Notice DC has 95% resistances to fire, lightning and cold, making any sorceress virtually useless against him. You may have the best sorceress ever, but it will not be an effective DC killer.

The best way to kill him would be to make a character that either does lots of physical or magic damage, since those are his two lowest resists.

There is however, a third way to kill DC quickly and effectively.
    This third way is the way I chose because it not only kills DC quickly, but also doesn’t require expensive or elite gear. This third way, and in my opinion the best way, is using gear that adds the mod Crushing Blow.

Crushing Blow works like this:
    â€Crushing Blow gives a % chance of reducing a monster's remaining hit points by a certain %. It removes hit points based on the monsters current hit points, not maximum hit points.
    Normal monster: 1/4 Melee, 1/8 Ranged Attack.
    Other: 1/10 Melee, 1/20 Ranged Attack.â€

For our purposes, we need to look at the melee part of other, other includes other characters in duels and boss monsters, and DC counts as a boss monster (others are Baal, regular Diablo, Duriel, ect.). You may be thinking that 1/10 (10%) of DC’s hit points isn’t very much, but remember, he has about 650,000 life, and 10% of that is 65,000, and 65000 damage is probably way more than any of your current melee characters can do. Also, you must know that Crushing Blow (CB) stacks, so if you have lets say 15% CB on your armor, and 15% on your weapon, it adds to 30% CB, so 30% of the time you will take 10% of DC’s life away. This is why CB is extremely powerful against monsters with an insane amount of life, such as DC. Because CB stacks, the goal is to get a total 95% CB when CB is added together from all of your gear. (note: you cannot have 100% crushing blow, it caps at 95% like everything else in the game, notice you cannot have 100% or 0% of anything, even with a level 99 character with a high attack rating, you sill only have 95% chance to hit a quill rat in normal, and also if you are level 1 with 0 defense, hell Ball will still only have a 5% chance to hit you, so because of this, anything over 95% CB still acts as 95% CB.)

There is one problem with CB, if you read the definition of it carefully, you will notice it said: “It removes hit points based on the monsters current hit points, not maximum hit points.†This means that once DC gets very low on life, CB will become less and less effective. (I’ve noticed that once he gets to about 1/3 of his life, CB isn’t much of a help anymore) This is why you will notice it that while using CB the first 2/3 of his life will go away quickly, then that last 1/3 is the hardest part. This means you will need to do a decent amount of physical damage to finish him off
    Now to the part about building your character
    Lots of people have different opinions on this. I can only tell you what I have experienced, and the character I have can kill DC in roughly 1 minute, 20 seconds. There are however, many different types of DC hunters, but once again, I will talk in detail about the type I have, because I know for a fact it works and is very effective.

Frost Zealot Of Crushing Blow
    This is the type of character I use for killing DC. Like I said before, I have found it very effective. This is a Paladin that’s main attack is Zeal, and uses the Holy Freeze aura as its main aura.

What skills to get:
    20 points into Sacrifice (adds bonus to zeal)
    20 points into Zeal (main attack)
    20 points into Holy Freeze (used to slow down DC)
    1 to Charge (to get right next to DC quickly)
    All extra points into Holy Shield (increases blocking and defense)
    You can choose to put a few points into salvation if you need resistances

Notice, all of these skills, with just 1 into Holy shield and all pre reqs, you can get to it by about level 67, but depending on gear requirements you should finish your character and could start DC hunting around level 80. (mine is currently level 82 due to req on my weapon which I will talk about later)

Gear Setup: (ideal gear first, then other options listed afterwards)
    -Weapon:
    I have found that the best weapon to use is the Stormlash, unique scourge. It has fast attack speed, and also has 33% crushing blow. I socketed mine with an Amn rune to get some extra life steal, which is nice since I don’t have to inhale as many health potions as before.

Depending on what realm, ladder or non, this weapon could be hard to get. If you cannot find or trade for one, I suggest you do the following: make the Black runeword out of a flail, scourge or knout. (it is cheap to make, requires the Thul Io and Nef runes, in that order) It has 40% crushing blow. Don’t worry about the physical damage on it, since CB is an independent damage source. Once you get DC to 1/3 of his life, switch your weapon to one that has higher physical damage. Weapons that I would suggest would be Barnar’s Star, Death Cleaver (ladder), Demon Limb or anything with decent damage and more importantly, fast attack speed. Remember, use your Black weapon first, then switch when DC is at 1/3 of his life and finish him off.

-Armor:
    I use the Duress runeword; I put it in a boneweave for the high defense. The reason for this armor is that it has 15% CB, and also adds bonuses to your resistances and faster hit recovery. This is a very nice armor, and shouldn’t be too hard to get, it requires a Shael, Um and Thul runes (socketed in that order).
    Once again, if you cannot get this armor, the only other armor that I would say to use is Rattlecage, the unique gothic plate. This armor is very cheap and will be easy to get, the reason to use it is because it adds 25% CB.

-Helm:
    I use, and really like Guillaume's Face, the helm from Orphan's set. I like how it looks, I like the horns  and also it adds a very nice 35% CB. It also adds bonuses to hit recovery and strength. Overall, this is a great helm to use on your DC hunter, and shouldn’t be to hard to get. I really cant think of any other helms with CB, so try very hard to aquire this helm.

-Boots:
    The best boots here are Gore Riders, the unique war boots. These boots are very popular for lots of types of characters, but we are most intrested in the 15% CB. They also add nice bonuses to faster run/walk as well as some other nice bonuses.

If you cannot get these boots, the only other boots I would suggest are Goblin Toe, the unique light plated boots. These boots should be easy to get, and are nice because they add a 25% CB, but not much else. These add more CB than Gore Riders, but only 15% is needed from the boots to still reach the 95% CB, so Gore Riders are a much better choice.

-Shield:
    The shield’s basic purpose is to add to blocking, and add resistances. The best Paladin shield, in my mind, will always be the Herald of Zakarum, the unique Gilded Shield. Some may say to use Stormshield, but this shield is a lot harder to get, and I the Zakarum is a lot better shield for a Paladin anyway.

Other shields you could use are like I said before Stormshield, but this shield can be hard to get and Herald of Zakarum is better anyway. You could also use an Alma Negra, the unique sacred rondache. Basically, you want to look for bonuses to % blocking, and also bonuses to resistances.

-Gloves:
    There is one pair of gloves that stands way above any other gloves you could use. These gloves are the Laying of hands, the gloves from the Disciple set. The main reason is that they add 350% damage to demons, and DC happens to be a demon. Using these gloves is like adding a 350% enhanced damage jewel to your weapon against other monsters. This is very important when finishing off his last bit of life when CB no longer helps. They also add 20% increased attack speed.

I really cant recommend any other gloves, Laying of Hands are so good for a DC Hunter, and they are somewhat easy to get. But if you cannot get them look for gloves that add increased attack speed or life steal.
    -Belt:
    I like to use the Thundergod’s Vigor belt, the unique war belt. It adds a very nice bonus to both strength and vitality, and also has lightning absorb, which is nice because one of DC’s main attacks is lightning based.

Other belt that could be used String of Ears or really any belt that would add to life, resistances or has life steal.

-Rings and Amulet:
    This is the part where you need to test yourself and see which you like better. I use two rings from the Angelic Set, and the Angelic amulet. The reason for this is that they add a HUGE amount of attack rating, which is so very important because DC has very high defense. If your attack rating is ok, or you have low fire resistances or take a lot of damage when he uses his fire attack, you could go with 1 angelic ring and the amulet, and then use a dwarf star, for the fire absorb.

-Charms:
    Charms should be used to make up for whatever you didn’t get from your gear. This could be +strength, +dexterity items, or +resistances charms. +life charms are also always helpful. You can also add paladin combat skill charms to get a higher level of zeal, but I don’t use them and don’t see a need.

If you use the setup of Duress, Stormlash, Guillaume's Face, and Gore Riders, this will add up to 98% CB, which is perfect. If you cant get one of these items, try using one of the others I suggested in place for it, but try to get to 95% or more CB.

Other characters that I have head are effective DC killers are Hammerdins because they do high ammounts of magic damage, or a javazon that uses jab with CB. I have not used these characters, so I cannot offer a guide for them, but other people in the mIRC room (explained in part3) are always willing to help

Part 3: How to find Diablo Clone
    This part of the guide is probably the most confusing part, because most people have no idea how to find where DC spawns or how to find him. I can tell you that there is a reason he spawns, it is not random, and also it will take patience.

First off, you must understand that when you create a game, it is made on a random IP address that is hosted by the Battle net servers. These IPs start at .30 and go to .180. DC walks on a specific server, and all games that are created on that server, so if DC walks on server .55 and you are in a game that is on server .55, you will get the message “Diablo Walks this Earth†and the ground will shake. When does DC walk on a sever? Well, it has to do with selling SOJs (stone of Jordan rings to merchants). DC will walk on a server any time between when 75-150 SOJS are sold on the same server; it is random and always different.

Now, you all may be wonder well how do I know what IP server he will walk on, and how do I get onto that one.

The first question is easy. There is an organized DC Hunting chat channel on the mIRC network. For those unfamiliar with mIRC, you may download it at http://www.mirc.com/ (it is for free, and they will say you get a trial, but once the trial is over, you can keep clicking continue and connect.) Then, set the server you connect to, to the following: irc.dclone.org and then once you connect, join the following server depending on what realm you are on (being on ladder or non, hardcore or softcore doesn’t make a difference):
    #useast-dclone for useast realm
    #uswest-dclone for uswest realm

Once you have joined the channel, people will probably be chatting about whatever, but notice the topic of the channel. It will look something like this:
    ««««« ( Renegade: 8 pm est ) ( HOT:None ) ( Active:None ) ( SLOW:65) ( WALKED: 39, 53) »»»»» (type !hot to review topic. Other sugested channels: #trade #Chat) Please type !help to view all of the instant info

You can type !hot at any time to see the topic of the channel

There is 5 parts to the topic you must understand.

First, it says “Renegade 8pm est.†This is refering to what is called a Renegade run, or commonly known as rene. It is an organized DC Hunt where you must pay 7 softcore, nonladder SOJs to get in. Once they have everyone together that wants to join the rene, they tell you an IP they are going to pop (pop is a term that refers to when DC walks a server, such as “.51 just popped!â€). Once all donors are in a game on that IP, they then sell all their SOJs at once and the server is popped. The public, people not part of the rene, will be given a 15 minutes notice and the IP will be posted. They then have 15 minutes to find a server on that IP, if they don’t then they are outta luck.

The other 4 parts are Hot, Active, Slow and Walked. Walked means the server as just popped, and it’s done. Slow means the server has had some SOJS sold on it, but nobody is selling now. Active means SOJS are currently being sold on it, and should pop soon. Hot means lots of selling of SOJS on it, and it will pop any minute. If you get in a active game, you will see a count come up that says “xxx Stones of Jordan have been sold to merchants†where xxx is the current count. On average, anywhere from 2-6 servers could be popped. The only trouble is that sometimes you cant get onto the right server in time.

Now onto how to get onto a server where DC will walk.
    When searching for a game, its a lot easier to have your Diablo running in Window Mode. To do this, find the shortcut to Diablo, right click on it and go to properties. Look at the target, and you will see it says something like (depending on where Diablo is on your comp) C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe. TO make it run in window mode, put the current target in quotes, and add a –W to the end of it, outside the quotes. When edited, the previously mentioned target should now look like this: "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" –W. This will cause Diablo to run in a small window, and can be easily minimized so you can search for the correct IP quicker.

To search just follow these steps:
    1) Create a game (always remember to password it so nobody steals your Anni)
    2) Go to the start menu, click on run, and type in "cmd" and then press run
    3) A black command box window should come up
    4) Type in the following: netstat – n
    5) You will get a list of a whole bunch of numbers; each one is a different IP address.
    6) Look for the one that ends in .4000, that’s the Diablo one. It will look something like xx.xxx.xxx.xx.400 (the x’s are random numbers)
    7) Look for the IP, it will be the 2 (or 3) numbers directly to the left of the .4000, so if you get something that looks like xx.xxx.xxx.86.4000, where the x’s are all different numbers, this means you are on server .86
    8) Keep creating games and typing in netstat –n until you find a game that is on the IP you want.
    9) If you make more than 3 games a minute, you will get a temporary IP ban, and you wont be able to connect to Battle net for 10 minutes.

Notice: There is no way to force yourself onto an IP address. You must keep creating games until you find the right one. This is where patience comes on, remember, servers range from .30 to .180, that’s 150 different servers, so essentially each time you create a game you have a 1 in 150 chance of it being the right one. Its completely random and takes patience. Sometimes you get lucky and get on the right IP in 3 tries, sometimes it has taken me 200+ games. Also, DC only spawns in Hell games created on the IP; he will not walk on a server that is a normal or nightmare game.

Part 4: How to kill Diablo Clone
    This, believe it or not, is the easy part. If you made a good character, and got on the right IP, and finally get rewarded when you see the message “Diablo Walks this Earth,†you have done the hard part. To find DC, you must know that he spawns as the first new Super Unique Monster you come across. You can find a list of all the super unique monsters here: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/super.shtml but I like to use Act1 because the surrounding monsters will be weak and won’t get in the way. My favorite places are to spawn him in the dark wood, as Treehead Woodfist because he is by the big tree in dark wood which is easy to find on the map, and it gives you a big open space to fight DC. If you made a Frost Zealot of Crushing Blow, you just want to find him, use charge to get right up next to him, and then use zeal to keep hitting him. Make sure your belt is filled with health potions, you will need them. If you use Black, keep attacking until he is at about 1/3 his life, then switch to your 2nd weapon and finish him off. If you use Stomlash, just keep attacking until he is dead. Once you have killed him, he will drop a unique small charm, the Annihilius Charm.

Part 5: Help/Credits
    If you need help killing DC, you can ask in the mIRC channel for help. People there that are that will help you would be any of the ops, a person with a @ or + sign next to their name, or me (hoarshade). People are always looking to help, and I like to help people because I like to get in more practice against DC so I can further tweak my equipment and setup to become more effective. There are scammers that try to steal your Anni, but usually they are taken care of and are no a problem, but you can always ask an op to point out somebody who is trustworthy to help you.

I wrote this guide using all of the information I used in talking with people and hunting DC myself. I hope this guide was helpful and informative. If you have any questions you can either ask away in the mIRC room, or email me at hoarshade@hotmail.com or contact me on AIM, my screen name is Hoarshade.
  2. NecroManiac

NecroManiac IncGamers Member

I would have to disagree with sorcs being "totally useless" against DC, i have a blizz sorc with no charms and plain mf gear with around +4 to all skills totaly so i have a lvl 24 blizz and lvl 24 cold mastery i kill DC in about 30 secs. All u need to do is stack fire res (2x dwarf star, water walks) Of course u also need max res but that shouldnt be too hard. So all u do is get a merc or maybe urself to tank DC while own him the blizzards.
  3. hoarshade

i was kind of exaggerating when saying sorcs were useless, i was just mainly trying to make a point that sorcs are usually not the best at killing dclone, and also just because somebody might have a character that is good in pvp or pvm that doesnt not mean it will do well against dclone

ill change it to something like "sorcs are usually not the best option for fightling dclone" or something like that
  4. Suo

Suo IncGamers Member

And there's some realm specific things. Like IP ranges, in Europe realm those vary from 30 to 100 and 211 to 241. For Europe, you don't necessarily need IRC to find out the hot IP's but you can use a great website, which I don't know if is allowed to link to, but have fun googling.
    You can also use Netlimiter (google helps) to find out the IP of the game. Run the game in windowed mode (parameter -w) and position the game window and Netlimiter so that you can always see the IP of the game without needing to alt+tab from the game. I see the IP right when the game starts loading so I can instantly exit from the game if it's wrong one. But then I discovered that you get temp ban for 15 mins for exiting/creating games too quickly (bot type behavior) so I just type 2 random lines of text and then exit.
    Also spawning the DC, I didn't notice if you mentioned but DC will spawn as the next superunique which you meet and which has not been spawned. My personal favorites are stony field and Rakanishu (which is kinda like dark wood too) and Eldritch in act 5 just up from Frigid wp. Eldritch is excellent since it can be found just in 2 seconds but other monsters there might cause troubles to some.
    Otherwise I can't think of anything else to add or correct in there, nice job.

EDIT: And I just remembered something more :F
    When the server is hot (dc can spawn, hope you explained it there), and sometimes before it, the game becomes very laggy. You'll get alot of desynching and travelling in areas can be hard because black walls come and you're thrown back. At least such was the cases when I was killing DC in ladder #1. And sometimes the server has crashed so I lost anni.
    And when waiting for DC, there are anti-idle methods which are game glitches to prevent you from being thrown from the game even if you're not playing. Basically you click your stash or something which you can operate and your char gets stuck while trying to get it which the game thinks is that you are doing something.
  5. Tidelwave

Tidelwave IncGamers Member

wow thanks a bunch!! now i have to get rich and make a char :p
  6. hoarshade

thanks suo, i didnt have the stuff about europe, so ill add that in the next draft
  7. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Generally very good and gets all the points across. A few more things to add:

1. Other character builds: Conc/WW barbs w/ ik set. Cheap to make. Works well. Might also want to stress the hammerdin a bit more, since its by far the fastest way to kill DC.

2. Equipment: I saw that there was very little stress on resists. From my experience, as long as you have maxed resists, you can get by fine even with 30% cb, since you can last much longer. Also, Dracul's Grasp definitely needs an honorable mention in gloves. Once you have life tap on him, you can fill you life bulb with 1 or 2 hits, no need for pots anymore. Same goes for Life tap charges on switch.

3. Curses/Mercs: Decrepify charges (not sure they exist) or chance to cast decerpify on a weapon would be very useful. Add to that a holy freeze merc (if you're not playing a frost zealot) and you'll be swinging 6 or 7 times for every swing from DC.
  8. Ecca Ecca

Ecca Ecca IncGamers Member

Congrats, I have been seeing a ton of "Dclone" related questions, I found this guide to be helpful. I really liked the info on Mirc...Not too many people have discussed this (that i know of ) and you did a very good job doing so.

Sticky? This would stop alot of the Dclone questions if it was a sticky
  9. Elu's Might

Elu's Might IncGamers Member

Is humongous amounts of Lightning Resistance really needed? IIRC Diablo's pink Lightning attack has the base flaw that if you are standing next to Diablo in HtH range the Pink Lightning won't hit you because the lightning spawns "behind" you .I have never fought him, so I might just be dead wrong :)
  10. hoarshade

WebDragon - good points, ill definatly include them in the next draft

Elu's Might - yes there is a bug i guess if you can call it that, but the pink lightning attack doesnt always completly miss, it can still hit you, but max fire resistance/absorb is alot more important
  11. hoarshade

ok heres the stuff im planning on adding for the next draft:
    -new character/gear setups other than frost zealot:
    hammerdin
    conc barb with ik set
    cb barb, i saw somebody the other day using cranium basher, gore riders, duress, arreats, draculs and angelic jewlery, he reached the CB max, and was also able to use draculs gloves and did pretty good damge too, so ill add that character setup also

-ill add the europe realm information about europe mIRC channel and possible IPs

-add merc section on setups for using a merc and how to use it

anything else? otherwise ill work on the 2nd draft and have it up in a few days
  12. LordPomposity

LordPomposity IncGamers Member

One setup that deserves mention is Rising Sun and two Dwarf Stars. This gets your fire absorb to a level where all Diablo's fire attacks will heal you at a phenomenal rate.
  13. hoarshade

ive tried using 2 dwarf stars and a rising sun, and yes it does make so diablo's fire attack does very little damage, and also does heal you, however i havent found it nessicary, and using just 1 dwarf star, or even no dwarf star and 2 angelic rings and ammy you can still survive if you have a deicent amount of life and good fire resistance

also, if you are a melee character its very hard to get a high enough attack rating to where you can hit him with any consistency, so without using the angelic ammy and atleast 1 ring your chance to hit diablo is very low, it can even be in the 40-50% range
  14. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

Ok, but add "Sorceresses with cold mastery, such as a Blizzard sorc, however, can do very well at killing dc."

Or.... something of the sort :teeth:

Well, my blizzard sorc kicks his butt in 8 minutes with full mf gear, and about 1 and a half minutes once I equipped some absorb, cold skillers, etc...
  15. birdfoot

birdfoot IncGamers Member

hey hoarshade,

was searching for a guide like this last night cos diablo clone appeared suddenly in my game and had a hell of a time looking for him... it's nice to see your guide around, just alittle too late for me i guess...

anywayz, wat you say is prolly the most correct way i've heard of so far... i've always been under the impression that requiring godly gears is the only way against diablo clone... i found out i was wrong, cos i killed the clone with the suckiest playable character in my ranks... :p and now that i've read you guide, it makes sense to me now..

i tried all my pvp and pvm elites but to no avail... my blizz and fire sorc which does good damage at lvl 31 blizz/meteor didn't even take enuff life outta him (so much so for rainbow facets)... static field doesn't even work well on him... it takes too long to get his life down to even 1/2... the rest of my characters that I tried, ended up naked when i saw them on the char selection screen (they died)... anywayz, came my pally with sucky gears (i had that impression it was sucky til now... :)) listed as follows:
    Weapon - Heaven's Light
    Armor - Toothrow
    Helm - Guillamean's Face
    Gloves - Laying of Hands
    Belt - Thundergod's Vigor
    Boots - Gorerider
    Shield - Herald of Zakarum
    Amulet - Seraph's Hymph
    Rings - Raven Frost / Carrion Wind
    Skills - Max Zeal / Max Fanaticism / Max Holy Shield

I used my pally last cos i didn't figured he could kill anything well in hell (i was pretty numb towards him dying in hell)... he's got slight -ve resistance cos i didn't socket his HOZ... anywayz, i realised for a pally, -ve resis doesn't matter... when you get near diablo, sometimes his attack misses... he managed to kill the clone in approx. 3~5 mins (i know it ain't fast but that's besides the point)... my only char that ever got closed to killing the clone was my summoner necro which unfortunately had the clone regenerated to near full life when i went for more skeles summoning to **** the clone; ended up running out of full pots to heal my merc to be of any use... my zons were futile... i have not tried druids or barbs on the clone though...

Sorry for the long message... anyway, just to point out that hoarshade's guide is a genuine guide to the fastest way to kill the clone WITHOUT BEING GODLY... I can't really imagine how it would be like to own the clone with sorcs but i figured you'll need a very good merc that doesn't need feeding of pots all the time... and good mercs doesn't usually come cheap... with a pally focusing on CB, it's not only possible to go solo but also removes the requirement of godly gears... n btw, seriously... even if u can't leech life outta the clone, it doesn't mean you cant kill him... that's how i made it, with only 8% leech from carrion wind... with nothing socketed in any of my gears... if u get killed, just get back on ur feet and pummel him!!!! :D
  16. Deceit

Deceit IncGamers Member

Come on dude, be serious. Its more like 2-5 minutes.
  17. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Don't forget about smite, it always hits regardless of attack rating and crushing blow works with it.
  18. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Heh, there 2 types of dc killers these days. Those that say they can't kill em and ask for help everytime, and those that claim getting a kill in the xx seconds range. I think its funny really, seeing as you'd need a really, really twinked out merc to take a few hits from DC, let alone tank em, so I doubt a sorcy could *safely* take him out. I don't doubt the damage output, I just doubt the survivability. Besides, against DC, casters lose their damage edge over meleers because of Crushing Blow.
  19. HiroProtagonist

HiroProtagonist IncGamers Member

Me and a friend beat him in about 45 seconds, static him then just FO'd him to death. We both had Tals Set, 2 sojs, War travs. I didnt see what all the hype was about, Cold mastery lowers his 95 resist to cold and makes him not too tough.
  20. skalmanpala

skalmanpala Banned

do you still have to play hell to spawn him?