Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

That crazy lag spike just now (NA)

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by aj2000, Jun 11, 2012. | Replies: 31 | Views: 9329

1. aj2000

aj2000 IncGamers Member

Killed a ton of HC toons.

Luckily I wasn't playing but in this other forum I frequent a thread just went up and exploded with quite a lot of players who died and are raging in the thread. Lots of players made it though due to either AH / town sitting / doin nothin dangerous.

Who else died or came close in this hamster outage and would like to share?

Your deeds of valor will be remembered.

Edit: from the players I've seen in the thread who died, quite a bit of top end gear just got flushed out of the system, glad I'm not one of them @.@ (Not that my gears are top end, except 2-3 pieces sitting in stash)
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  2. Raver

Raver IncGamers Member

Everyone dead?

points and laughs
  3. ivandalx

ivandalx IncGamers Member

I was in game but not around any enemies when the lag hit :alright:.
  4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Yay for 10 minute break =)
  5. Valeli

Valeli IncGamers Member

Almost died to the first lag spike with my 60 barb, but was pleasantly surprised I didn't. Then there was a second. I don't know what happened from that yet, but am done logging on tonight. I"ll just hope I made it and the server's better later.
  6. Raver

Raver IncGamers Member

Well that second lag spike killed my "comeback" character.

Seeing as I'm forcing myself to play at this point I'm probably done.

To Diablo 2 I head. My quest for a Tyreal's continues.
  7. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

Lost my lvl 60 WD to that spike. Servers just had to do that when I was facing a pack of colossal golgors. I like how all of the posts that were flooding the HC forum @ battle.net about this lag spike have mysteriously vanished.
  8. Valeli

Valeli IncGamers Member

I just got my herald of zakarum a bit before D3 came out, after a long long time of trying. Wasn't a perfect one, but I was pretty excited. I'm often tempted to go back and play with that more too, but I find myself liking D3 more every day (or disliking it less, perhaps). If/when I die in a lag spike because they wanted my 60 HC char to be forced to play online though, I think that might provide me the incentive I need to visit D2 again.

I'm honestly not sure how I'd feel about it though, comparing it directly to this. It's easy to say the plot/atmosphere/offline play is better, but there's a lot of stuff from d3 I'd miss.

My condolences to everyone who did die from this by the way. It's pretty awful.
  9. aj2000

aj2000 IncGamers Member

[​IMG]

I feel bad for these guys, and there's a couple replies where whole parties of 60s got wiped out.

On the other front, apparently Bnet forum mods are busy deleting the onslaught of rage threads.
  10. davew2040

davew2040 IncGamers Member

I just lost a barb at level 22 or something like that. I'm very new to Hardcore, and it certainly wasn't challenging to get to level 22, but I was at least hoping that my first HC death would be my fault. A little ironic, given that I basically haven't gotten that kind of lag at all in my D3 experience until right after I start HC :p
  11. Tesla

Tesla IncGamers Member

Censorship sucks.
  12. vileguy

vileguy IncGamers Member

Haven't seen any threads deleted on the bnet forums, but perhaps there were some that didn't follow forum rules. There's still a 26 page thread open that was created right after the first spike and reached max volume instantly.

Regarding the lag, sympathies to any dead hardcore characters, but the real hardcore characters will just reroll and get back to it. Mad respect to the hardcore community. Hopefully this type of things doesn't continue to happen, at least not into the distant future.
  13. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I thought it was just me but after seeing this I guess Im included in this mess. Was sad, leveled up to 28 Sun after dying at 38 Sat and then hitting the potion key and seeing nothing but my life expire and screen turn red.. Hopeless feeling knowing I was done...
  14. Rpgguy

Rpgguy IncGamers Member

Ah... the irony.

15. HadesIII

HadesIII IncGamers Member

I was busy doing normal Kulle runs with my lvl 24 DH. Did a few, got 3/4 through 25, then the spikes started. Luckily I survived the first spike, waited about 10 minutes, everything seemed to be stable so I did another. Bam, ANOTHER lag spike hits. I'm running around crazy trying to hit health globes, spamming pots, screen turns red, then it goes back to normal, then goes red AGAIN, then goes back to normal. Keep snapping back to inside Kulles slow dome, but somehow I survive and hit 26 for the first time ever. Got up, washed my sweaty shaky palms and hung out for a bit. Decided to take it slow in Caldeum on the way to Belial, no spikes whatsoever so I tackle Belial and finally beat him. Immediately afterwards I was running around in camp and another spike hit and I dc'd. Went ahead and shut it down before travelling to Act 3, figured that was enough fate tempting for one night.
  16. crot

crot IncGamers Member

Lost me and my mates toons on normal diablo, happened right after we started the fight, no warning tho just bad lag and then 10 seconds later everything stopped responding.
  17. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

My condolences for the losses of many brave hardcore characters. May your future characters have better luck. :)
  18. VHD

VHD IncGamers Member

View attachment 1992

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened...
  19. tridgie

tridgie IncGamers Member

Absolutely this.

I've never played anything but HC D2 (9 years) and only got level 10 in D3 softcore. If your going to play HC you accept the fact that the lagmonster is part of the game. I was running around act 1 inferno @ 60 with 3 buddies, almost died... we made it and laughed about it, spent the time on the AH to let it settle.

20. DiabloBaal

DiabloBaal IncGamers Member

You mad bro..... Lagmonster my AS*....... a *****ng offline mode is the best experience since you don't get into **** like this..... I just read around the internet about this lag spike and there are a lot of guys/gals saying that this is it, they are done with Diablo 3.