Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Taste of what is to come from puma

Discussion in 'Druid' started by xpumafangx, Aug 6, 2006. | Replies: 55 | Views: 68688

1. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Taste of what is to come from puma

PVM VICIOUS COYOTE​

This is a werewolf build meant for doing play vers monster. It’s primarily built for doing rush’s. With most of its items needed to be cheap to get other then 1 of them. You could load up on expensive or very rare items as well. That really is not needed for this. This build is more for people who really enjoy using werewolves to the point where they do not want to use any other build when they play this game. I will tell you skills, items used, and what not. I will not give you a dueling section for this. But if you get attacked wile doing a rush with this build you should be able to defend your self.

STATS​

Str- Enough to use items. You could put it to the point where you could use a monarch but monarchs isn’t needed.

Dex- Now if you do not want 75% block rate and want the hit points instead. With your items on you want 136 so you can use a phase blade. Other then for block rate, with items on you should have 222 by level 99. Yes you are going to put a good amount to this for block rate. But if you want more hit points you do not really need to add to this then. Also only worry about block rate if you are going to use a stormsheild.

Vit- every left over point, you would want a lot of hit points to make this build work.

SKILLS​

Werewolf 20 points
    Lycanthropy 20 points
    Fury 20 points
    Oak Sage 20 points
    Or
    Heart of the Wolverine 20 points
    Hunger rest of your points goes into this skill

ITEMS​

I will talk about my favorite topic first weapons.

WEAPONS​

Grief and only grief will do, most likely a grief phase blade. I have been doing tests. I still have no clue why only grief works with this. But when you use hunger, life tap, and a ebotdz, ebotd gpa, and ebotd champion axe. Wile being effected by iron maiden. You will take damage. But when I was using a grief phase blade I was not taking damage. Since I was using a high damage grief phase and healing myself wile using hunger, and life tap. Wile being effected by iron maiden. I will then stick to saying use grief phase blade.

ARMOR​
    You could use a good number of armors.

Coh- 65 resist all, 2 to all skills, damage to demons/undead, and 20 str. The downfall to this armor is that it is expensive. Where other items will do just as well. So if you want you can use this armor go for it. I believe you should use the next one.

Treachery- fade 60 resist all, cursed timed –79%, and 15% dr. Then you get venom 305-325 poison damage. This should trigger a lot more when you are using grief phase blade. 20% fhr is the other nice thing about this armor.

Fort- 300% more damage, and 20-30 resist all. Chilling armor is a joke. And again it is more expensive. But if it is what you want go with it. But I really need to test this armor to see if it hurts you wile being effected by iron maiden.

Smoke- 50 resist all, and 20% fhr

You really want your armor and shield to have a high resist all. Talking about shields lets move on to that.
  2. xpumafangx

SHEILDS​

You really do not need to use stormsheild for this. You should only use stormsheild with this build if you are going to do player vs. all.

Sanctuary dragon shield- This is a good shield for resist all it comes with dex on it. So that’s helps remove the dex needed for a phase blade.

Titamats rebuke- I have found this shield to be really helpful when dealing with physical immune monsters. Very slow block rate so if you get swarmed its not going to help you.

I would have stated more shields but again those shields had a really slow block rate.

RINGS AND AMULETS​

Really there are only 2 you could use.

Raven frosts- attack ratting, plus to dex, and cannotbefrozen. You don’t need much more. I like having a high attack ratting.

Atmas scarab- 5% to cast amp on striking, 20% attack ratting, and poison resist 75%

Rare ring with plus to str, dex, and attack ratting that’s over 100.

BELTS​

I wish there was a better belt but there isn’t.

M’avina’s Tenet- 20% run/walk, 5% mana leech. This build works with using run/walk to help make the rush faster. Also the mana leech is just a plus it is not needed at all.

BOOTS​

The ideal boots would be ones with ar, 40% run/walk, and plus to life. So really you have Ik boots and then you could go with aulders boots. Both boots have a high str needed. After that sanders riprap is actly a good pair of boots for this build.

Sanders riprap- 40% run/walk, 100 attack ratting, 10 dex, and 5 str.

Aulders advance- 40% run/walk, and 50 life. Too much str needed.

Immortal king’s pillar- 40% run/walk, 110 attack ratting, and 44 life. Again a lot of str needed.

GLOVES​

I say go with dracs as your main gloves. You could go with bloodfists as well. But really you want life tap for this.

Dracul’s grasp- 25% open wounds, 10-15 str, 5% chance to cast life tap on striking, and 7-10% life leech. There are very little bad things about these gloves. They are only worth a pul rune on ladder for low str ones so that’s cheap no matter how you cut it.

Bloodfist- Plus 40 life, and 30% faster hit recovery. Great pair of gloves for this builds if you do not all ready have Dracs.

HELMS​

Ok Jalal’s main is a great helm for this. But if you want to go over board and go with expensive items go with a 2 druid skills, or 3 to shape shifting skills circlet. It needs to have 30% run/walk on it. Other mods that are nice are resist all, plus to str, plus to dex, and plus to life in a pure amount.
  3. xpumafangx

CHARMS​

Hellfire druid torch- +to all stats, and +3 to druid skills. If you can get this for cheap get it.

After that stock up on run/walk charms. Get your self around 150% run/walk. No need to go over 200% and 100% run/walk is a little slow.

Then you want to make up for hit recovery looses get your self up to 42% faster hit recovery.

FINAL NOTES​

As you can see the point was to make a great build using as little expensive items as you could. The key mods to this build are +350-400 damage from grief, around 150% run/walk, 42% faster hit recovery, and resist all. I do not feel that a player should spend more then a little over the price of a grief phase blade. It is also meant to never die in hell. Even to the point where you would never die to being effected by iron maiden. Well innless you’re dumb and decide to use fury when effected by iron maiden. Yes this build could do hard-core hell as well.
  4. xpumafangx

Well tell me what you all think about it.
  5. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

Your curses will override each other causing :mad:
  6. xpumafangx

Right which neather one will be worryed about. Inless you are dealing with phy immues.
  7. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

I love the idea of havin a Wolf do rush's , maybe a should sell of my hammer paladin eh?

Enigma might be another good option for armor for the occasional teleport across a river , bridge , etc.
  8. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Ya you should...gib him to me...besides it doesn't sound right having arwwooo! growlz coming from a bowlegged pally.

HoS
  9. xpumafangx

Ya who wants a bowlegged palladin any ways? You do know why theyre bowlegged dont you?
  10. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

Please enlighten everyone on why palli's are bowlegged Rofl.
  11. xpumafangx

If I told you that here then there is a 50/50 chance of me getting banned. If I told you that in the paladin forum, its auto banning.
  12. xpumafangx

Ok ok so i bummed it so sue me. Just dont ban me
  13. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

figured id give another option for sheild

Ive tested out a "sanctuary" troll nest for pvm wolf and it work's good for the resistance and still has good block% it really helped me max my res in hell.
  14. LeegionOnEast

LeegionOnEast IncGamers Member

I use that in my stash for my PvP Fury/Rabies Druid. The FHR, FBR, Block%, resists, and +dex is just amazing. For my new wolf, based on the Vita build, I'm gonna stash Shaefer's, Sancturay and a T-Gods for killing Trappers and Light Sorcs.

75+(50-70)+(20-40)+30+30=195-225 Lightning Resist, with 85% cap. Even with -resists, you still can tank them. My planned Vita Fury/Rabies wolf will have roughly 10k life...211 light resists against Trappers/Lightning Sorcs...should be fun. :evil:
  15. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Thought Id bump a few non stickied guides...search feature is relativly unknown here...
  16. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

There's a lot of spelling mistakes that'choo should probably fix.
  17. keeperofstars

keeperofstars IncGamers Member

I am making this build and wondering a few things

is

Oak Sage 20 points
    Or
    Heart of the Wolverine 20 points

Better.

I know the oak Sage will give me a ton of hp, but thinking that the heart of wolverine will give me a ton of damage, added on with fury and I will be hitting for insane damage, which means tons of lifetap.

Also would it be better to get

fire claws over hunger

I suggest this cause I never seem to need to use hunger once again cause of my life/mana drains on hit.
    I have only made it to hell and have started it, so have no clue if any of the above really play out at the end of the game, or if its just a preference piece.
  18. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Fire Claws is only effective with 30+ skill points invested. You'd have to sacrifice the spirit to make it killing speed.

Also, Hunger is used simply because it owns IM. Any physical attack that does that deserves to be a secondary attack.

Oak vs HOW depends on preference. One isn't better than the other. Though I do have to note that in my experience HoW does a lot less suiciding into monsters.
  19. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

HOW or Oak Sage comes down to personal preference. The conventional wisdom seems to be HOW for bears and Oak for wolves, go with the one you feel most comfortable with.

IMO Fire Claws would be a poor choice, it needs a lot of synergies and there are a lot of fire immunes in hell.

Hunger + Draculs + Grief allows you to leach back life when your cursed with Iron Maiden. It may be the only combination that lets you keep on fighting when IMed. If Amp overwrites your Life Tap all bets are off.

If you have the posted gear you should have no problems in hell.
  20. keeperofstars

keeperofstars IncGamers Member

After a bit more testing, I find Oak Sage is better option.

While you will lifetap more with HOW, you run into issues when you find two mobs that spectrual hit cause they can almost wipe you out in 3 hits. Unless you have Oak Sage helping to double your life.

I do have one question, it seems that if you go into wolf you get your life bonus and then if you put oak sage on you get that bonus based off your wolf life, but if you put on Oak Sage when in normal mode then change to wolf you only get the oak sage bonus off your normal life.

Am I missing something or should I just plan for this lol.

Also since both gives an hp bonus based of current hp pools which would be better to bring up first the wolf or the oak sage?