Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tao of Freezing Arrow

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Quingu, Dec 23, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 2881

1. Quingu

Quingu Banned

1. Is damage from FA added to main physical damage or does it replace base damage?
    2. What is the bonus of a single cold sc to freezing time?
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

1. Added since u can still mana/life leech when u use it, seems very much as a glacial spike that can pierce monsters
    2. No clue, but haven't seen many mobs getting much closer when u pound them with FA at 11-10 fpa
  3. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

1. Frozen Arrow is a normal arrow which applies an explosion with a 3 1/3 yard radius upon collision. However, as I mentioned in your Tao of Magic Arrow thread, its +% Attack Rating does not apply due to a bug. Its cold damage and length are only applied by the explosion, not the arrow (although those from items and Holy Freeze are applied by both).

2. All cold damage affixes on charms add one second cold length, so a Hibernal Small Charm adds one second, a Small Charm of Winter adds one second, and a Hibernal Small Charm of Winter adds two.
  4. Quingu

Quingu Banned

Thanks for help! :) I think I will get 4x cold scs, to boost freezing time by one second in hell. This will give me more safe Strafe shots. Alternatively, I can get poison scs. I'm not sure which would be better...
  5. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

Bear in mind that freeze length is further reduced by cold resistance, and the maximum for normal or minion monsters that aren't Immune to Cold is CR 90%: the cumulative effect of the Hell penalty (1/4) and CR 90% (10% or 1/10) would reduce freeze length to 1/40.

One poison damage item is always worth having to stop the damage regeneration of monsters that aren't Immune to Poison, but more aren't required, or desirable: even a Pestilent Small Charm of Anthrax's 451 Poison Damage Over 12 Seconds only increases damage per second by ~37.6 (451/12). With a 9 frame attack rate and maximum 95% chance to hit, only ~14.2 (451/12 * 9/25 * 100/95) average damage of any other type will match that before resistance is taken into account, and an average Hibernal Small Charm adds 13.25 cold damage; an average Hibernal Small Charm of Winter adds 19.5.
  6. Quingu

Quingu Banned

That's pretty deep analysis. I think I will go for 1x poison, to curb regeneration and 4x cold sc, to boost freezing time.