Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tal Rasha's Relentless pursuit or Zuni's Marrow?

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by iamescobar, Oct 21, 2012. | Replies: 14 | Views: 13062

1. iamescobar

iamescobar IncGamers Member

Hello there,

Here's my WD... seems like it's not updated.. anyways i got Zuni's pox and trails now.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kingesco-1898/hero/4814299

I just bought a Zuni's Marrow exactly like my Tal except for the AS% which is replace by 75 Res All and +300 Armor. Well big surprise.. i lose 12k DPS when i switch to Zuni's marrow!!!

Yeah sure.. I win defense and 130 Resist All(from zuni's marrow + 3 set items), but is that really worth 12k DPS?

I see a lot of top level WDs using Zuni's marrow and I'm really not sure it's worth it.

I mean.. I could probably sell my Relentl;ess Pursuit for 6M... whereas that Zuni's marrow is probably more along the lines of 40M :/

Anyone wants to share their opinion on these chest armors?

Also, if anyone has any ideas what my next upgrade should be.. would appreciate the input!

2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I'd say that the defence & resist all would be worth it, seeing that you already run with ALOT of DPS, and only 500's all resistance.

3. iamescobar

iamescobar IncGamers Member

Thanks, and iyo, what should I uypgrade next? It's getting to the point where upgrades cost a lot.. I don't want to mess up a 50M + purchase :p

4. MCPWTB

MCPWTB IncGamers Member

Since you're using darts, IAS is actually important.

I think you can get armor and AR in other slots if you are patient and look around. But you can also get IAS in other slots as well: Witching hour belt, lacuni bracers, pants, besides rings, gloves, and amulet.

Maybe an SOJ with minus Zombie Bear mana cost will be worthwhile. I am not sure honestly.
    Also you only have 12% movement speed. I suggest getting 24% movement speed. Some ways: Lacuni Bracers, Inna's pants, Tyrael's chest armor, probably others.

Also you're weapon (Black Damage) is really good considering your gear, with all the Adds elemental damage modifiers.

5. Virility

Virility IncGamers Member

I would use Tal's unless you notice a difference in your play. If you solo all the time, it probably won't make a difference, and the targets die very quickly at mp5-6.

Playing in full games at the same mp levels you may miss the defense, the elite pack fights last longer, mitigation/vit become more a factor, the reflect packs damage return hurts alot if you do not have the mitigation and life. Some of that is offset with good life leech since you spam bears (leech with bears works pretty good with dps after 100k).

I chose Zuni chest over Tal's chest for the mitigation, I rarely play solo and the mitigation does make a difference.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Virility-1363/hero/14113132

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  6. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

4th set bonus: 20 mana per sec, 10 mana per kill

Has not been brought up yet but it does help with mana. From a DPS standpoint, other items will provide better (and cheaper) DPS but Zuni set is well-rounded.

Zuni helm or mojo if you want the bonus. New pants seem like the next item to upgrade. Aside from the high int and vit, it is missing other stats.

7. deya

deya IncGamers Member

4 pieces of Zuni with -cost Bears on Zuni offhand is amazing stuff. I can spam bears all day long with Blood Ritual as my only mana handling passive.

I don't use them for fast solo farming , thing of the deep is a lot better with Grave Injustice when you instakill stuff but when considering group play with higher MP's, Zuni is the way to go.

8. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

You can spam bears all day even without blood ritual if you you also use spirit walk with 30% mana regeneration. Unless ofc you reach very high level of attack speed.
    I think tal rasha chest is only goor for "primary attack" builds, build that uses only low mana cost spells, like fire bomb. Then you go pvt, ignore all mana regen and focus on dps, tal rasha is best in slot for dps.
    But for balanced wd that uses mana spenders I'd say zuni chest wins.

9. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

And how exacly do you spam bears all day without blood ritual?

10. deya

deya IncGamers Member

I would never change Jaunt for mana regen rune. Jaunt is #1 against reflect damage. It's the worst thing in the game for my WD to handle regardless of 1000 all res and 3% life leech.

11. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

By using reduced zombie charger items, casting spirit walk with 30% mana regen (and resetting its cooldown with passive). Blood ritual is nice, but it is just 15% mana cost, it doesn't make the boundary between infinite and finite bears.

12. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

What is the best item(s) for reduced zombie charger cost and how much can you lower it?

13. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

offhand 14 i belive (can by any offhand, zuni set), very expensive with good stats
    soj 10
    and then skull grasp and mara, but they are usually not worth it, since it had to be on top of good crit roll, and gl finding these

14. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

Zombie bears is 140 mana. Does it really do anything reducing the cost by 14 mana down to 130 or so?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  15. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

Of course, it is in fact much more powerful that mana regeneration per slot, because it scales with attack speed.
    If you have fast endgame setup with ceremonial knife, casting bears at 2 attacks per second, for example adding 10 mana regen to your gear is twice weaker than reducing bear cost by 10, because it saves you 20 mana per second.
    It is better than mana regen at speeds above 1.00, and faster your attack is, the better it becomes.