Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Sweeping wind "snapshot"

Discussion in 'Monk' started by tougeznut, Apr 19, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 4001

1. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

I've gotten quite bored with my barb and decided to finally finish getting through inferno with my monk. I've seen some stuff on YouTube about sweeping wind and how it takes a snapshot of your dps. What I understand is that you can maximize your screen dps, activate sweeping wind, and then swap gear to maximize aps/LoH while maintaining the earlier higher dps so long as you don't drop sweeping wind. Am I understanding this exploit correctly? I haven't been able to find any posts about this in the Monk strategy forum, so that's why I started my own post. I'm also asking because this seems like it would be great for doing ubers more efficiently. I don't mind spinning circles around them with my barb, but If I could just click and hold with my monk instead it would be much easier.

My monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tougeznut-1970/hero/31601244

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  2. DoxieVon

DoxieVon IncGamers Member

Pretty sure they patched it so that it now auto refreshes when you drop/gain buffs or change gear. Gone are the days of blinding flash+SW pwnage.
  3. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

If that's the case, then I'm glad I asked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member