Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strange defense of eth unique uped items

Discussion in '1.13 Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Asdab, Jul 26, 2010. | Replies: 8 | Views: 9615

1. Asdab

Asdab IncGamers Member

Strange defense of eth unique uped items

Hello!
    Recently I saw these screenshots:

1. eth uped skullder (6111 defense!) - http://i31.tinypic.com/2wri59c.jpg

2. eth uped blackhorn (5324 def!) - http://i29.tinypic.com/111lfmh.jpg

3. eth uped arreat's (1352 defense!) - http://i25.tinypic.com/15ceop1.jpg

I am sure that these screenshots aren't fakes. These items appeared on one of private D2 servers on patch 1.13c. I am wondering is this a bug or what ? Can anyone explain how did he get such enormous defense on these items ?
  2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Re: Strange defense of eth unique uped items

Private D2 servers? wut?
  3. kavlor

kavlor IncGamers Member

They are on a private server that says it all no point in speculating about it,it may as well be screen shots from open battlenet.
  4. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

Private servers arent as secure as battle.net, so someone could have hacked those items into the game (of course, the question why did he end up only with 6000 def if he could do 60 000? remains open).

Or maybe those screenshots are from some mod/fake.
  5. Sumsum

Sumsum IncGamers Member

Ive only been in open bnet once and lol some guy showed me a charm looking like a heart.

+711% run speed
    +551% life stolen per hit
    +7 to all skills
    +255 magic finding

and so on, and he was a blue small Undead Fetish with fire burning under him.

I loved how cool the guy looked, but the duel game was so retarded. Amazon just staying there while my Single Player full IK barb hits her without damaging her and how she turns on a aura that one shots me.

Felt like WoW. I quited WoW in WOTLK pre patch, and the paladins were as stupid as this one. Thats why i never play WoW. Kinda OT i know.

Like fledgeling stated, why it has such ****y stats instead of 314913491439143 armor is weird, maybe its a noob who got a Jewel who gives such insane amount of armor from a noob gear hacker and thought it was legit/bugged and cool?
  6. fudoshin

fudoshin IncGamers Member

it seems like easy fake. it seems like someone just change the defense number on screenshots.u can find it, if u check base defense of items and ed and final defense is total bull****...
  7. Corpsus

Corpsus IncGamers Member

Sorry for the grave diggin`, but these seem to be the result of a bug. Some of these servers run modded patches, allowing them for example to socket items with keys (this seems to be the case of the item(s) resulted above), making them gain defense until they max out, or the formula doesn't provide any gain what so ever. This seems to work on every eth UNIQUE item, though if you try it on boots for example it will not provide you with sockets of course.
  8. Phroximus

Phroximus IncGamers Member

So u corpsus are guessing that putting keys (key to open locked chests) u upgrade items on private servers?
  9. Corpsus

Corpsus IncGamers Member

Yes, if a modded realm/patch allows you to add socket to unique items with a key (can be done, and was done before) and if the item is ethereal, then you can use the cube to "combine" a item that meets those requirements, and a key and max it's defense. And I did play once or twice on simmilar settings to know what I am talking about. However since I don't know that this glitch automatically enables once you set to socket items with a key, or it needs a special and seperated modification, I could only guess if it comes with the socketing formula (the maxim of the defense) or not, and my take on this is that yes, once the patch is set to let you add socket with a key, the ethereal/defense bug is automatically enabled!