Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SteelSeries Diablo mouse review?

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by cozmiccc, Apr 20, 2012. | Replies: 31 | Views: 5530

1. cozmiccc

cozmiccc IncGamers Member

SteelSeries Diablo mouse review?

Anyone has it and cares to give a quick review?

At the moment my mouse is a Logitech and I had never ever tried a gaming mouse before, getting tempted to pick this up and curious on what's the biggest difference... To be honest though what attracted me the most is that badass Diablo red Light glow :D

Thoughts? Any opinion is greatly appreciated :D All I could find from googling was promotional stuff...
  2. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

Re: SteelSeries Diablo mouse review?

I think you'll want to try a gaming mouse if you never had before. I have ordered a D3 mouse and it'll come in my mailbox soon but the main reason I ordered it is following:

Gaming mice seem to have better precision. In other words, your movement will be more smoother AND more precise.
  3. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

Using Razer Deathadder here and it's really good. Had it for ages as well, didn't break like other SteelSeries stuff I have tested. Last SS headphones I had to review broke in 3 weeks and they were a top of the range set as well, so poor quality.
  4. cozmiccc

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Yeah I might get a gaming mouse just for the sake of trying one for the first time. Razer Deathadder looks sweet too and combined with international shipping it ends up to half the price of SteelSeries Diablo... but that red Diablo glow oh :crazyeyes:

Any other recommended model/brand for gaming mouse?
  5. Eeryck

Eeryck IncGamers Member

I am also a fan of the razor death adder. Never did like merchandising based on some type of popular work (with the exception of band t-shirts).

That said, I prefer a contoured hand specific mouse over an ambidextrous mouse. Also, I have had mice with the button below the wheel to change the dpi on the fly and that was always annoying. You have max dpi then you press the button on accident and you need to move the mouse 10 feet to go 1 inch on the screen because you are at some abysmally low dpi.

But a mouse is a hugely personal preference item. For me they are as follows:

No more than 5-buttons
    Built for right hand contour
    Built for palm grip
    3500dpi or more
    Wired
    Minimal/No Effects lighting
  6. Cid

Cid IncGamers Member

G700 is a really nice mouse, been using it for a year now.

lots of additionl buttons, and you get a lot of customization options via setpoint.
  7. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

After my research I think that most mice are pretty much the same in quality regardless of brand. As long as you pick one that's not too cheap. The rest is up to personal preference, what specifics you'd like with the mouse.
  8. beingmused

beingmused IncGamers Member

I ordered the D3 mouse as well, since I'm using a stock dell mouse at the moment. The reviews that I've read are very good, and it claims to withstand "10 million clicks" or about 3 times what most gaming mice do. The nice logo helps too, of course.
  9. Alindar

Alindar IncGamers Member

I know one person who bought one of those mice and he went back to his logitech within a week.
  10. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

It seems like people either love or hate the D3 mouse :p I've actually not seen many at all saying it's okey. Either Fkc AWESOMEE!! or it sucks.
  11. Medivon

Medivon IncGamers Member

I'm running the razor naga. It's an mmo mouse with 17 buttons on it. 12 by your thumb and 5 by your 2 fingers. Works great for many games. Especially with them extra buttons by the thumb. Really comes in handy for other games other than mmo's. Like battlefield for instance. I had everything mapped to all my Buttons on the mouse. Makes for quick gun switching. Reloading running engaging etc... I see many good uses for these extra buttons in diablo so I don't have to stretch my fingers across the keyboard to do the same thing. $79.99 when I got mine. Oh PLUS it glows/pulsates blue light.
  12. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

Logitech G500 is a good gaming mouse. The DeathAdder is a good choice too. For mice I think you really need to try them before buying them though, because it really comes down to personal preference.
  13. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Coz, I have the D3 mouse, and I really like it; it looks great, feels very fluid (I keep it slow, but the faster setting really zooms), and the 10M click guarantee was a big selling point to me.

My one complaint is the buttons on the right side of the mouse; I am constantly clicking them with my pinky finger, so I disabled them in the UI.

If you plan on buying it, try getting it from Amazon, I saved about 15% off the retail price, enough to get a nifty Barb mouse pad :)
  14. cozmiccc

meh... I'm confused even more now :p I'm still leaning toward the D3 mouse though. I like extra button on mouse, but not too much like the MMO one, bet I can't even hit the correct one with my big thumb.

Oh well, I'll have the weekend to decide on it... Thanks for the Amazon tip though, they got the lowest price so far...
  15. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

Isn't that mouse basically a Xai painted for d3?
    As for the mice, d3 being really casual game, no need for fact action, precise aiming, you can get away with really basic mouse.
  16. Felix

Felix IncGamers Member

I have the Steelseries Sensei and it's a very good mouse. The Diablo mouse may be the Xai. Both of these mice have gotten very good reviews and gold medals all around.

People talk about paying for the gamingscheme, but Blizzard have been working with Steelseries for a long time, and they put the gamebrand on their quality hardware. You aren't buying rubbish.

I don't give a rats *** for the admin here who says Razer is oh so good and Steelseries is oh so poor and breaks. As far as I have understood, it's the other way around. Razer usually catches the flak.

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/2011/12/10/steelseries-diablo-iii-gaming-mouse-review/

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  17. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

Sensei is pretty expensive, featuring lots of "useless" stuff such as gimmky extensive dpi (nobody needs 11k dpi interpolation), same as several millions color logo. Buying this mouse, most of what you pay are these features, not actual mouse.
    It is decent overall, but imo vastly overpriced.
  18. Felix

Felix IncGamers Member

It's actually not expensive compared to Razer mice. I mean the Razer Naga which also has the bells and whistles and millions of colours, it cost a ridiculous 129€, that's like twice as much. But I agree with you on the feature set, I don't need 11k dpi, and neither do I need to store my settings in the mouse. I chose it after reading reviews, it does perform well and has gotten much peer to peer praise.

It is possible to save yourself 30$ by buying the Sensei [RAW], which doesn't have these features, but it wasn't out when I went shopping for a mouse.

http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-sensei-raw

19. Arumot

Arumot IncGamers Member

Mega Bloks

20. YOUR

YOUR IncGamers Member

I got the mouse and the headset some weeks ago.

Here is a short summary:

Mouse - I was using a MX18 (im a lefty btw) for years now. I didnt have any problems adapting to the new mouse. The grip feels great and the mouse itself feels very smooth and accurate. I cant see any downsides or problems on this part. The buttons also feel nice and responsive, while not "overclickable". Same applies to the scroll.
    Downsides: Actually just a single one. The mouse smells very chemical, but the smell fades after a few days. You cant reprogram the mouse speed button too, without additional software

Headset: Sounds awesome, it feels stable and not too fragile (im a master of breaking headsets), It's comfortable and doesnt pressure or hurt after a while. The visuals are very pleasing (same for the mouse). The only downside (?) I can think of, is that it's a USB headset, but that once again depends on the user.

If you got any questions, feel free to ask