Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Starting guidance

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by jrmunch, Feb 18, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 4285

1. jrmunch

jrmunch IncGamers Member

Hello, I have just picked up the game and am looking for a resource for beginning demon hunter. What should I do to get on my way?
  2. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Site Pal

I startet D3 not so long ago too. With a Wizard, but my advice is just play the game.. learn the story, enjoy the gameplay, try out the new skills and runes as they become available. When you are stuck and have tried different skills and setups, then ask for help :)
  3. jrmunch

jrmunch IncGamers Member

Thanks, is there anything specific I can do to build up gold for gear fast? Should I craft anything or just auction house?
  4. Belzhorash

Belzhorash IncGamers Member

Play the game and pick up the gold.
    Sell items to the vendor.
  5. Kalixian

Kalixian IncGamers Member

Don't craft. Gear on the AH is far better and far less expensive.

Crafting is basically for people that, for whatever reason, have decided not to use the auction house.
  6. jrmunch

jrmunch IncGamers Member

Thanks, I am pleasantly surprised how it is possible to just play the game to level rather than repeat a run over and over. I just wish I could afford some 6-figure stuff on the AH. Dual chakram and some rubies have made things easier for right now.
  7. Flux

Flux Administrator

Starting at this point you can totally abuse the GAH for amazing bargains and quality of gear. As you've found out, by your last comment.

Save your gold up and once you get to about level 50, search for reduced level requirement gear, since there's a huge jump in DPS once you get into Inferno level gear. A good hell xbow will do around 300 dps, while you can get 900 dps on an inferno xbow for like 5000 gold. You get something like that with -level req and you can just laugh your way through the rest of Hell on MP10 for a very fast level up.

And then you'll get to inferno and things will become markedly harder all at once, which will really mark the start of our AH experience.
  8. ssssssssss

ssssssssss IncGamers Member

get gear that has +dex and +vit