Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

stacking aura and auradin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by diablobambi, Oct 26, 2012. | Replies: 10 | Views: 5556

1. diablobambi

diablobambi IncGamers Member

Hi,

I was wondering how exactly does staking aura worth now if it still does. And does an auradin still worth it for PVM? I just made one according clerv's guid. It just seems to do not kill as much as I though. Maybe i simply had to much expectations. Well anyway if someone can help me with how auras work now and what can be wrong with my auradin it would be great since it cost me a lot. Here's my stock

- Dream BV 20 resist
    - Dream sacred targe 55 resist
    - Dragon ap armor
    - Hand of justice Phase blade ( Ihave a 4 socket bersek axe that i could make an other one of)
    - Draks 9%-6pts
    - Raven
    - life leech/str/fire resist ring
    - Dungo 140%-40-13%
    - Gore 190%
    - Maras 28 resist
    - 2x off aura gc with 40life with bunch of life/resist scs
    - 20-20 p torch
    - no anni right now

My resist in hell are 85/66/90/66.

Skills maxed are:

- Resist fire
    - Resist lightning
    - Conviction
    - Salvation (in progress)

P.S. I still dont have a faith merc because i dont want to pay for it until i figured this out.

So i wanna know if something is wrong with this build or its the staking aura that doesn't work how it used to be. In any case if you can explain me how does it work it would be great.

Thanks!
  2. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Aura stacking works just fine.

Without no Fanat and IAS you have a 6-frame Zeal. If you get Faith and 20 IAS it gets you to 4 frames which is almost a 50% increase in DPS.
  3. skullvomit

skullvomit IncGamers Member

"The staking aura that doesn't work how it used to be." Technically no, if you're referring to when you abused the merc. But it still stacks normally. I prefer 2 x Dream, Grief, CoH -way (Fres to Fana) for more physical dmg/res, faster runs. And if no Light immune (boss) aura kills fast.
  4. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Yep, I was gonna add that as well. IMO the setup above beats a Dragon/HoJ auradin for versatility and power :)
  5. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

As hubb said, increase your attack speed to the appropriate 4 frames per attack either by getting a faith merc or by getting 40 additional IAS. Also you can start pumping points into sacrifice for more physical damage. Those two things together should enable some fairly substancial gains. Sure, the auradin may not do quite as much damage as a grief build for fpa guys, but that response is so common its kind of corny and he's not that far off anyway. As far as versitility, they're won't be a damn thing you can't kill.

Edit: My Auradin does about 9K average damage at 4 frames per attack after DS and average resists (fire/light/phys). It's hard for cliche grievers to match that, and it's certainly more versatile.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  6. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

A build with less raw damage output than a Fanatic Zealot? Stop the presses! But seriously, the fact that the Auradin kills so quickly combined with the fact that basically nothing even slows him down appreciably and the fact that he can tank anything makes him about as overpowered as a Diablo II character can get. There are other paths to achieve the same total domination: Fanatic Zealot with Grief, Avenger with EBOtD, etc. And they all have their own little advantages and disadvantages. I'd say the disadvantages for the Auradin, at least, are so minor as to be almost nonexistent.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  7. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

My two favorite builds are my Auradin and my Bearsorc. Both very similar in concept, but the attractive feature is not only their sheer ridiculous killing speed, but the fact that they can plow through anything and withstand just about everything. BUT, this is only if you take the time to build them correctly.
  8. diablobambi

First of all thanks all for the answer. I think i didn't express myself correctly; so here's the things you haven't answered yet:

- How does aura skills from items work? ex: +15 Holy shock from dream bv +15 HS from dream shield +% from synergie.

- From the graphic standpoint point; I only see holy shock activate on ennemies, does both HF and HS activate always at same time or only one can activate so HF never activate?

For now, I have maxed my resists and i will get myself a bow when i will be able to buy myself one because in non-ladder they are quite expensive o_O. For the part when I was saying that it seems do not be powerfull was because i thought all monster will die with 2-3 HS/HF but I now understand that i will have to give some effort. I think I will finish max salvation and give consideration to putting points in sacrifice. Thanks all.
  9. skullvomit

skullvomit IncGamers Member

Here's the Holy Shock dmg maxed:
    Paladin build

lvl 30 from items and +240% from Lres and +80% from Salvation.

Both Auras do the killing, on your feet graphics just have to take turns to display.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  10. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

You might have been thinking of bugging aura stacking which was a way people exploited a bug to get huge pulse damage that would essentially kill everything you came near. It was a bug and has since been fixed. That being said, an Auradin who has maximized his offenses should be able to kill most things in 2-3 zeal hits, even with multiple people in the game.
  11. diablobambi

Thanks all for the specification i am now able to enjoy my auradin :p I only need now a faith bow for merc. Just traded for a perfect gmb bow but my merc cant equip lol xD

Thanks again!