Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPOILERS: Update on the Diablo 3 server emulator (Mooege)

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by HardRock, Oct 11, 2011. | Replies: 387 | Views: 188869

1. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

SPOILERS: Update on the Diablo 3 server emulator (Mooege)

In the past 2 weeks the Mooege devs made two huge improvements to their emulator.

The first is that spawned monsters now drop items and you can equip them as well. It's still far from perfect though, since the stats are messed up, the game doesn't update the character sheet yet and some items cause the game to crash. However, the important thing is that even high-level base (non-magic) items drop and can be equipped and they look absolutely amazing. Here's a few random screenshots of a Wizard, although they can't show you how amazing the flowing cloth looks in motion: 1, 2, 3, 4

The other update is equally as interesting, since it makes it possible to explore every outer area included in the beta, even the ones closed off on the official servers. These include the Fields of Misery, The Old Mill, Drowned Temple and The Festering Woods. The Fields of Misery has quite a few small uniquely named areas as well. These may end up to be randomly generated in the final game, just like the Den of the Fallen in The Weeping Hollow. Two large areas are also visible on the map, that can't be explored yet. Most likely they will be accessible in the final game by using the ferry in Old Tristram, but since NPCs don't work yet with Mooege we can't explore them at the moment. Screenshots of these areas:

Fields of Misery (map): Forlorn Farm, Forsaken Grounds, Sheltered Cottage

The Old Mill, Drowned Temple (map for both)

The Festering Woods (map)

Map of unknown areas: 1, 2

I didn't use Fraps to take these shots, that's why they have the FPS counter and mouse cursor on them, sorry about that.

The latest version of Mooege can be easily downloaded, compiled and used with MooExt. You don't have to modify the game client in anyway, so if you're in the beta and want to check it out I don't think you can get banned. Still, use it at your own risk.

EDIT: Thanks to the mod, who edited the title of thread.

EDIT2: Leveling also works now in the latest version of the emulator, but the beta level cap is implemented as well.

How to use Mooege:

Download and install D3 from here: http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuit...e-b4e8817f54b0/Diablo-III-Beta-enUS-Setup.exe

Download MooExt from here: http://mooext.com/

Un-zip it and run it. Switch to the "Mooege Updates" tab, click on "Manual Check" then wait for the download and compilation to finish. Switch back to the "D3 Launcher" tab and make sure that the D3 game path is correct and then press "Play (Local)". When the game asks for your account info enter any email address and password.

Spawning enemies in the latest version:

Press the 'O' key in-game, select the "Recent" tab at the top, select the character named "Server" and press "Talk" in the lower right corner of the window. After this you'll be able to spawn enemies by typing "!spawn" in the chat.

By default, that command spawns 1 zombie. It has two optional parameters though.

The first is the number of stuff you want to spawn. "!spawn 10" will give you 10 zombies.

The second parameter is the ID of the object you want to spawn. You can find the IDs of monsters, NPCs, effects and other stuff in the \Assets\SNO sub-directory of Mooege in a bunch of text files. Just as an example, "!spawn 1 4644" will spawn the Scoundrel, who'll be one of the followers in the final game.

Keep in mind, that not every object will work (meaning that nothing or a "bad data" object may appear when you try to spawn it) and some will even cause D3 to crash.

Common problems:

1) In case Mooege throws this error:

[​IMG]

Download and install this .NET Framework bundle: http://system.data.sqlite.org/sqlite-netFx40-setup-bundle-x86-2010-1.0.76.0.exe

2) If Mooege reports that it can't bind on IP 0.0.0.0, then change your "Bnet server IP" and "Game server IP" in MooExt from 0.0.0.0 to 127.0.0.1. Don't change the ports though.

3) The new versions of Mooege will complain about missing MPQ files:

[​IMG]

Copy the "ClientData.mpq" and "CoreData.mpq" files and the "base" directory from "\Data_D3\PC\MPQs" in D3's folder to "\Assets\MPQ" in Mooege's folder. If you're using MooExt, then by default it copies Mooege to "C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\MooExt\Mooege", where *** is your Windows user's name.

Before asking for help about problems with Mooege please check Mooege's window for any error messages. They are usually displayed in red letters. Include them in your error report. I'm not one of the developers, but I'll do my best to help.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. DiablO fanatic

DiablO fanatic Banned

3. HardRock

Re: Update on the Mooege D3 server emulator

I considered posting in that thread, but I decided to create a new one for better visibility.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  4. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Amazing, the maps and details are really dark and beautiful, even for just Act 1.

But these are spoilers, shouldn't there be a spoiler tag.
  5. DiablO fanatic

DiablO fanatic Banned

I like have all info in one place, besides that other topic is sticky so go figure

Anyway thx for update, I check it out definitely

6. HardRock

I agree. It took me almost half an hour just to run through the areas, because I stopped constantly to marvel at everything.

Well, the area names don't spoil much, they're fairly generic and if someone doesn't want to see the areas themselves, then they shouldn't click on the links. That's one of the reasons why I didn't use the IMG tag.

7. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

The festering woods are so amazing that it blows my mind they didn't have it in the beta.
    It makes everything in the beta look like ****. Entering the area, knowing it was unpopulated, no monsters, no quests, still made my skin crawl.
  8. spfun

spfun IncGamers Member

Thanks for this thread, I'm fairly interested in the progress of these emulations, just incase latency or lag issues end up ruining D3 for me.

I won't use them until i know for sure how D3 online pans out.
  9. Risingred

I wouldn't use them at all once D3 is released. It's the only way I currently have access to the game.

But they're a joke. It will never even come close to approaching what the actual game has to offer.

Here's some shots of the festering woods, but know that they do not come remotely close to doing the game justice. It's a claustrophobic area, but the fields of misery were fairly wide-open.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/blackbard/Screenshot363.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/blackbard/Screenshot364.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/blackbard/Screenshot365.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/blackbard/Screenshot366.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/blackbard/Screenshot367.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/blackbard/Screenshot368.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/blackbard/Screenshot369.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  10. HardRock

Really nice screenshots Risingred, they show off the visuals of the place quite nicely. The sounds however really make a big difference in the case of the Festering Woods. It became my new favorite area as well and I can already see myself farming it in Inferno, just because of the ambiance.
  11. Risingred

12. HardRock

Fragments of the meteor fell there probably. There's also a crater with a blueish glow near the Drowned Temple.

BTW, if you didn't already, check out the WD's masks. Their variety is amazing.

13. Risingred

14. HardRock

That's definitely a good example, but the one that looks like an eagle is my favorite. Well, that and the one with the moving tentacles. :)

15. Tenet

Tenet IncGamers Member

Screens look awesome. I'm loving the appearance of the different areas. Looks really haunting. As a side note, are skills useable in the emulation?
  16. HardRock

Sadly, no. You can cast everything except the movement skills and their animation plays, but the effects are missing. There are development branches where a few skills work, but they aren't merged into the master branch yet. Soon...

17. Tenet

Tenet IncGamers Member

Ah, thanks. Well it looks like it's still worth downloading just to get a feel of the environments.

18. HardRock

Re: Update on the Diablo 3 server emulator (Mooege)

I took some screenshots of the different Witch Doctor masks. This is not a complete list, nor is every mask this over the top. These are just the ones that look cool in my opinion. Maybe it's enough of an incentive for everyone to check out the emulator.

Archon Crown, Great Helm, Hellscape Mask, Hounskull, Klappvisier, Sovereign Helm and one to show off the War Crossbow.
  19. Adree

Adree IncGamers Member

Those are all unreal. Good lord.

20. MLVII

MLVII IncGamers Member

Nice, looks like a Goa'uld helm :alright:

Instant favourite :thumbup: