Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Spirit regen, how much?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by nugar, May 9, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 4613

1. nugar

nugar IncGamers Member

With Spirit regen if I'm not running a TR build can I get away with a lot less Spirit regen, or will I still need heaps to do any good? Currently I'm using FoT(Thunderclap) & Lashing Tail Kick(Vulture Claw Kick) seems to be working ok so far in NM and wasn't planning on building a TR monk. So this begs the question, do I need as much Spirit regen as I would if building a TR monk?
  2. Neinball

Neinball <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

When not running a TR build most forgo spirit regen for other stats. It's still a very nice stat but no where near as necessary for non-TR builds, whereas 12+ regen is required for most TR builds 2 or 3 is more then enough for most other builds. At lvl 60+ you may invest in some if you're lacking the Inna's 4pc bonus to cut the cost of Sweeping wind down, as that can get expensive to recast.
  3. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

I do 9-13 depending on my skills, I like being able to bell often
  4. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

I am running zero spirit regen and it hurts honestly since you can't always be fully ready for fights. I have been trying to boost my regen but it is costly in HC to find gear with appropriate regen while not sacrificing anything.
  5. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

I'm also running zero regen in favour of other (mostly defensive) stats. I do have an attack speed of around 2 which lets me fill up my spirit pretty quickly. I've your going for bells or TR as main skills, get all spirit regen you can get.
  6. Muggs

Muggs Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

That is a lot of AS because if I remember correctly you run with a shield so very impressive. :worship:
  7. Death_StrikeR

Death_StrikeR IncGamers Member

You dont need spirit regen, you just need to switch FoT>thunderclap to FoT>Quickening.
    You can spam any spirit spender you like if you have this, trust me XD
    Oh, you get more DPS from Wave of Light>Empowered Wave than Lashing Tail Kick.
    Altho me myself like to switch skills on occassion. But Quickening is omething that is "fixed" to any of my build basically because of the poor spirit regen sources for Monks.
  8. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

@Muggs: yes, I've got attack speed all over the place coupled with a 1.55 weapon :) Equals lots of spirit and lots of LOH.