Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Speed farming

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by AngelicPenguin, Dec 3, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1993

1. AngelicPenguin

AngelicPenguin IncGamers Member

I've been running a 270k dps archon through mp0 speed clearing the most efficient parts of act 3 to keep archon up.

Is there a build that can leverage wormhole, though, for super fast clearing? I can't really think of a way to one shot everything (including most elites) with a nice area effect that could let you bounce room to room quickly.

Blizzard doesn't do enough damage, fork lightning won't proc well enough to get wormhole off cooldown fast enough.

I was thinking maybe running something like this:

Forked Lightning, Wormhole, all DPS, Scramble
    Critical Mass, Illusionist, Glass Cannon.

Teleport in, fork lightning everything, while hoping to take a hit or two to proc illusionist and/or scramble, then zooming or teleporting to next area.

Archon is really fast, mind you, I was just trying to leverage wormhole in some way.

Anybody have anything that works?
  2. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

I just use a couple of builds that don't use Archon and nuke the entire Act...

24% movement speed and not having to keep Archon up means I can go where I want and kill what I want... Using Archon (for the most part) limits you to areas that have mass mobs to keep the spell active long enough to get off cool down. Personally I'd rather just go through the Act/Run at my own pace and not have to worry about that. I often get distracted by loot so that doesn't help with an Archon build either...

I see what you're asking but that could end up badly if you were to tele into that small room with a pack and no way out. I'd have to say that blindly going into a room is to high risk and could result in high repair cost and long run times until you got it down.
  3. DZJB

DZJB IncGamers Member

I think Illusionist is your best bet here.

Due to playing on MP0 you'll kill everything in one crit, so I don't think that CM will help out much. Living lightning/wicked wind + CM is great, but it just won't trigger enough for you with that DPS.

Explosive Blast is also quite great because you can use it while moving, like in Archon form.

I'd go with this:

Forked Lightning
    Disintegrate/Volatility
    Explosive Blast/Short Fuse or Chain Reaction
    Wormhole
    Frost Nova/Deep Freeze
    Scramble

I left out Sparkflint and Magic Weapon because you probably don't need more dps.

Passives just like you suggested.
  4. Moonie

Moonie IncGamers Member

Doing same dps as you. Been thinking the same, if you could teleport (gear with reduce teleport time) in and out doing evil spells. I've been wanting to test waveforce and other aoe spells. But never got around to it.
  5. Moonie

Moonie IncGamers Member

Ok did some runs with diffrent builds.

Imo, nothing is faster than archon build with scramble - and I dont feel fast enough, like when you see all the other classes movement speed.
  6. DickScotchfist

DickScotchfist <font color=#168A19>PoE Moderator</font>

you won't find anything better than Archon-teleport, Storm armor-scramble. It's speed is top-notch, and it's high dps output allows you to wear a leoric's without noticing. I have yet to find a replacement build that offers the same benefits, though would love to of course for the reasons you mentioned.