Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

South Park forum Mafia. Game thread.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ThunderCat, Jun 15, 2012. | Replies: 861 | Views: 25741

1. ThunderCat

ThunderCat IncGamers Member

THE RULES(Read before posting please)
    1) You do not talk about your role or any other relevant information concerning the game outside this thread.

2) Do not post during the night phase. Any post within a few minutes after the end of the day will be ignored. Any post made an hour or more after the end of the day phase, will result in a mod kill of the poster.

3) Do not edit your posts. Any edit will result in a mod kill.

4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. The votes and unvotes must be as follows:

Vote: ThunderCat
    Unvote: ThunderCat

WRONG!!!
    Vote: TC
    Vote: ChunderTat
    Vote Thundercat
    Unvote i_like_pie
    WRONG!!!

Anything else won't be tallied towards the lynch. If you try to cheat with ; or whatever else, feel free to, just hope the others won't catch you doing so. Also, names MUST BE CASE SENSITIVE.

7) The required number of votes to seal a lynch for the day is equal to one half the remaining number of people alive (rounded up) plus 1. Once someone reaches this number of votes, they will be lynched no matter what; however, the day will still continue to its scheduled conclusion. Half rounded up equals a lynch, but no lock, so the person to be lynched has until the day’s end to persuade the town otherwise.

8) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

9) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not. However,

10) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm by the host. This includes, but is not limited to, numbers of words/letters/punctuation marks. If you want to claim a role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you. If you're a townsfolk aka regular forum member, the only person you should be PM'ing (no private aim or msn conversations between each other) is me. Mafia can pm between themselves (or talk on msn or aim) only during the night.

11) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

13) You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 1 contributive post per day phase).

15) If you are (temp) banned, you will also be mod killed.

14) Read the rules and your role PM once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team win.

Win conditions:
    Pro town - Aligned with the town. Wins once all Anti town are dead.
    Anti town - Aligned against the town. Wins once all Pro town are dead.
    Neutral - No alignment. Special win condition.

If you are not a player, but wish to learn more about mafia, please refrain from posting in this thread and read this one for more information.
  2. ThunderCat

Vote tallies and other information

Players alive:
    1. FredOfErik
    2. Pyrotechnician
    3. Solar Ice
    4. Goryani
    5. Sathoris
    6. Gwaihir
    7. MartinLong
    8. flubbucket
    9. Autti

Dead players:
    1. Caluin Graye - Killed on night 1.
    2. pharphis - Lynched on day 1. Mr. Slave. Townie. Pro town.
    3. Malevolent - Lynched on day 2. Chef. Serial Killer. Anti town.
    4. coju - Killed on night 3.
    5. kestegs - Lynched on day 3. Token Black. VI (NK). Neutral
    6. Ankeli - Killed on night 4.
    7. omgwtfbbqpwned - Lynched on day 4. Wendy Testaburger. Bus driver / Lover. Pro town.
    8. Bad Ash - Died on day 4. Stan Marsh. Townie (Global role block) / Lover. Pro town.
    9. Laarz - Killed on night 5.
    10. Noodle - Killed on night 6.
    11. Jcakes - Lynched on day 6. Clyde Donovan. Townie (leaves toilet seat up). Pro town.

Vote tally day 6 (5/6):
    Jakes - 6 (Sathoris, Goryani, flubbucket, Solar Ice, Gwaihir, Sathoris)
    flubbucket - 1 (FredOfErik)

Vote tally day 5 (6/7):
    flubbucket 1 (Solar Ice)
    Jcakes - 3 (Goryani, flubbucket, Sathoris)
    Sathoris - 6 (Autti, MartinLong, Jcakes, FredOfErik, Gwaihir, Pyrotechnician)

Vote tally day 4 (7/8):
    omgwtfbbqpwned - 8 (Sathoris, flubbucket, Autti, FredOfErik, Solar Ice, Jcakes, Gwaihir, Bad Ash)
    flubbucket - 1 (omgwtfbbqpwned)

Vote tally day 3 (8/9):
    FredOfErik - 2 (kestegs, Sathoris)
    kestegs - 8 (flubbucket, Autti, Noodle, Bad Ash, Jcakes, Gwaihir, Solar Ice, FredOfErik)

Vote tally day 2 (9/10):
    Malevolent - 10 (Goryani, FredOfErik, Sathoris, Bad Ash, Jcakes, kestegs, Solar Ice, Gwaihir, Noodle, Pyrotechnician, FredOfErik, kestegs)
    omgwtfbbqpwned - 1 (flubbucket)

Vote tally day 1 (10/11):
    MartinLong - 1 (Sathoris)
    pharphis - 13 (Ankeli, Autti, kestegs, coju, Gwaihir, Solar Ice, flubbucket, pharphis, Laarz, FredOfErik, Goryani, Bad Ash, Malevolent)
    kestegs - 1 (Jcakes)
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. ThunderCat

End game information.

Player / Name / Ability / Status
    1. FredOfErik / Grandpa Marvin Marsh / Stan / Alive
    2. pharphis / Mr. Slave / They durka duur - Dey turk err jurbz / Dead
    3. kestegs / Token Black / NK Village idiot / Dead
    4. Jcakes / Clyde Donovan / Toilet seat / Dead
    5. Pyrotechnician / Principal Victoria / Mafia Cop / Alive
    6. Solar Ice / Darryl Weathers / Mafia goon - They took our jobs / Alive
    7. coju / Kenny McCormick / Treestump / Dead
    8. Goryani / Mr. Mackey / Hitman – Block / Alive
    9. Sathoris / Gerald Broflovski / Lawyer / Alive (Day 5 / )
    10. Gwaihir / Kyle Broflovski / Doctor / Alive
    11. Noodle / Jimbo Kern / They took Errr jerbs - They took our jobs / Dead
    12. MartinLong / Timmy Burch / Handicap / Alive
    13. omgwtfbbqpwned / Wendy Testaburger / Lover – Bus driver / Dead
    14. Bad Ash / Stan Marsh / Lover – Global block / Dea
    15. flubbucket / Mr. Garrison / Godfather / Alive
    16. Autti / Officer Bardrady / Cop / Dead
    17. Malevolent / Chef / Serial Killer / Dead
    18. Ankeli / Bebe Stevens / None / Dead
    19. Laarz / Stuart McCormick / Dey turk err jurbz - They took Errr jerbs / Dead
    20. Caluin Graye / Leopold Stotch / Village idiot / Dead

Roles mechanics / Host`s thoughts:
    1. Mr. Garrison. Mafia godfather.
    One shot lynch immune if voted by all mafia remaining members and not locked. Shows up as pro town if investigated.

The one shot lynch immunity thing was supposed to be a double edged blade thing. It could have saved the godfather from a lynch, or it could have killed him. I wanted some risk being involved when making such a decision.
    2. Mr. Mackey. Mafia hitman.
    One shot role block.

3. Principal Victoria. Mafia Cop.
    Can target a player each night, revealing their name.

The name of a character should not have revealed any useful information about the town, except maybe help the mafia figure out Clyde's role. I mostly used it as I wanted to give the mafia a little bit more power.

4. Darryl Weathers. Mafia goon.
    First post of each page must contain the phrase “They took our jobs”.

Darryl was originally town. But I realized I should also give the mafia members some sort of restriction. Thus I moved him to the mafia team to replace Chef. The whole "They took our jobs!" thing was supposed to be my take on adding a little show flavor into the game. Hope you all enjoyed it though.

5. Stan Marsh. Lover.
    Dies along with Wendy. One shot global role block.

6. Kenny McCormick. Treestump.
    Cannot vote, cannot be harmed once claimed. Actives by saying the phrase: "The city needs my help. It cries for protection, and I will answer the call to save her".

7. Kyle Broflovski. Doctor.
    Can protect one person each night from harmful actions. Cannot target same person two nights in a row.

8. Leopold Stotch. Village idiot.
    Wins if he gets lynched.

9. Officer Barbrady. Cop.
    Can investigate one person each night, revealing their name and role.

I realize that Barbrady can't really be trusted as a cop, but at the time I wrote the game, I couldn't find a better candidate for a cop. However stupid he is, he is the iconic cop of the show.

10. Timmy Burch. Handicap.
    Can only use the word “Timmy” to communicate (cannot vote) until he is saved by a doctor during the night.

I really wanted Timmy and Jimmy in the game. Timmy was somewhat easy to implement, but I couldn't find any role that would fit him. So I decided to give him a "realistic" restriction and test it out. As for Jimmy, I really didn't see a joke post restriction.

11. Token Black. Village idiot NK variant.
    Wins if he gets night killed by mafia.

Token had to get himself killed by the mafia. I thought that was a nice twist to the usual VI. I wanted to see how one would play such a role.

12. Jimbo Kern. Townie.
    Must post the phrase “They took Errr jerbs” as soon as the phrase “They took our jobs” is posted by someone else.

13. Stuart McCormick. Townie.
    Must post the phrase “Dey turk err jurbz” as soon as the phrase “They took Errr jerbs” is posted by someone else.

14. Wendy Testaburger. Lover / Bus driver.
    Dies along with Stan. Can swap two people. Cannot swap self.

In retrospect, I should have allowed Wendy to target herself. Bus drivers are known for getting themselves killed in swaps sometimes, it might have turned into an interesting event.

15. Bebe Stevens. Vanilla townie.

16. Chef. Serial Killer.
    50% chance to kill one person each night phase. If NK fails, Chef gains 50% NK immunity for that night phase. Dies if 4 kids are lynched or if he kills 3.

I wanted to implement a SK with a twist, being tired of the regular serial killers. We've seen quite a few winning as one, so I wanted this SK to have to go through a bigger challenge in order to win.

17. Mr. Slave. Townie.
    Must post the phrase “They durka duur” as soon as the phrase “Dey turk err jurbz” is posted by someone else. If killed by Mr. Garrison, they both die.

18. Clyde Donavn. Townie.
    Leaves toilet seat up. Any female character that posts right after Clyde, is unable to talk / vote for the remainder of the day phase.

Many of you said that this ability isn't townie, well, Clyde was supposed to silence both town and mafia. Problem is, mafia figured it out before the town did, and that had no effect on them any longer

19. Grandpa Marvin Marsh. Townie.
    Must refer to everyone as “Stan”.

I am aware that he refers to Stan as Billy, but if I had him quote everyone as "Billy" it would have been a dead give away.

20. Gerald Broflovski. Lawyer.
    Can opt to prevent a person from being lynched (50% success rate). If person is saved, Gerald earns a double vote ability for the next day phase. If person is lynched, Gerald cannot vote for the next day phase. Cannot use more than once every 3 days.

This one gets to go on my list of favorite characters, along with the role thief and the bar keep. I wanted to create a new role and I came up with this one. Expect to see it in my future games.

Role PMs (what everyone received):
    1. Name: Mr. Garrison
    Alignment: Anti town
    Role: Mafia godfather
    Abilities: One shot lynch immune if all mafia remaining players vote for you and you are not locked
    You show up as town if investigated
    Your mafia team mates are: Goryani, Pyrotechnician, Solar Ice

2. Name: Mr. Mackey
    Role: Mafia hitman
    Abilities: You are the one to send in the NK each night. No one can take your place until you are dead
    One shot role block

Your mafia team mates are: flubbucket, Pyrotechnician, Solar Ice

3. Name: Principal Victoria
    Role: Mafia cop
    Abilities: Each night, you may choose to investigate a player to reveal their name

Your mafia team mates are: flubbucket, Goryani, Solar Ice

4. Name: Darryl Weathers
    Role: Mafia goon
    Abilities: First post that you make on a page must end with the phrase “They took our jobs!”
    Failure to include said phrase will result in a mod kill

Your mafia team mates are: flubbucket, Goryani, Pyrotechnician

5. Name: Stan Marsh
    Alignment: Town
    Role: Lover
    Abilities: If either you or Wendy Testaburger die, the other one will die also
    One shot global role block

6. Name: Kenny McCormick
    Role: Treestump
    Abilities: Cannot vote, cannot be harmed once claimed. Activates by saying the phrase: "The city needs my help. It cries for protection, and I will answer the call to save her" during the day.
    Please send me a PM after claiming

7. Name: Kyle Broflovski
    Role: Doctor
    Abilities: During each night phase, you may choose to protect one person from harmful actions. You cannot target the same person two times in a row. You can target yourself

8. Name: Leopold Stotch
    Alignment: Neutral
    Role: Village idiot
    Abilities: You win if you are lynched. Getting night killed will not result in a win

9. Name: Officer Barbrady
    Role: Cop
    Abilities: During each night phase, you may choose to investigate one person, revealing their name and alignment

10. Name: Timmy Burch
    Role: Handicap
    Abilities: You are only allowed to use the word “Timmy” to communicate until you are healed by a doctor during a night phase. You are not allowed to use bold, italic, underline or any other form of communication.
    You cannot vote until healed

11. Name: Token Black
    Alignment: Neutral
    Role: NK village idiot
    Abilities: You win if you get killed by the mafia during a night phase. Getting lynched will not result in a win

12. Name: Jimbo Kern
    Role: Townie
    Abilities: Once the phrase “They took our jobs!” is posted by someone else, you must quote it as soon as possible and reply with “They took Errr jerbs!”
    Failure to do so will result in 2 private warnings followed by a mod kill

13. Name: Stuart McCormick
    Abilities: Once the phrase “They took Errr jerbs!” is posted by someone else, you must quote it as soon as possible and reply with “Dey turk err jurbz!”
    Failure to do so will result in 2 private warnings followed by a mod kill

14. Name: Wendy Testaburger
    Role: Bus driver
    Abilities: Each night phase, you may choose to swap two players. Actions that target one, will target the other instead. You cannot swap yourself with anyone.
    If either you or Stan Marsh die, the other one will die also

15. Name: Bebe Stevens
    Role: Vanilla townie
    Abilities: You have none

16. Name: Chef
    Role: Serial killer
    Abilities: Each night you have a 50% chance to kill one person
    If kill attempt fails, you gain 50% chance to avoid a NK
    You will die if 4 kids are lynched or if you kill 3.

17. Name: Mr. Slave
    Abilities: Once the phrase “Dey turk err jurbz!” is posted by someone else, you must quote it as soon as possible and reply with “They durka duur!”
    Failure to do so will result in 2 private warnings followed by a mod kill.

18. Name: Clyde Donovan
    Abilities: You leave the toilet seat up

19. Name: Grandpa Marvin Marsh
    Abilities: When quoting someone, you must refer to them as Stan (by changing their name in the quote).
    Failure to do so will not result in a mod kill but is highly encouraged

20. Name: Gerald Broflovski
    Role: Lawyer
    Abilities: You may opt to save someone from a lynch with a 50% chance of success. If person is saved, you gain a double vote for the next day phase. If person is not saved, you will not be able to vote the following day phase.
    Ability cannot be used more than once every 3 days.

Actions:

Night 1 actions:
    1. Gwaihir – Kenny – Protects Gwaihir
    2. Autti – Barbrady – Investigates Noodle. Jimbo – Townie
    3. Goryani – Mackey – Kills Caluin Graye. Leopold Stotch – Village idiot
    4. Pyrotechnician – Victoria – Investigates omgwtfbbqpwned. Wendy Testaburger

Night 2 actions:
    1. Bad Ash – Stan – Casts global role block
    2. Gwaihir – Kyle – Protects MartinLong
    3. Autti – Barbrady – Investigates Pyrotechnician
    4. omgwtfbbqpwned – Wendy – Swaps Pyrotechnician and Sathoris
    5. Malevolent – Chef – Kills Sathoris
    6. Pyrotechnicia – Victoria – Investigates Noodle
    7. Goryani – Mackey – Kills Sathoris

Night 3actions:
    1. Gwaihir – Kyle – Protects Goryani
    2. Autti – Barbrady – Investigates FredOfErik. GrandpaMarvin Marsh. Townie
    3. Pyrotechnician – Investigates Gwaihir. KyleBroflovsky
    4. Goryani – Mackey – Kills coju

Night 4 actions:
    1. omgwtfbbqpwned – Wendy. Swaps Autii and flubbucket
    2. Gwaihir – Kyle. Protects Autti. flubbucket
    3. Autti – Barbrady. Investigates omgwtfbbqpwned. Wendy. Lover/bus driver. Pro town.
    4. Pyrotechnician – Victoria. Investigates Sathoris. Gerald Broflovski.
    5. Goryani – Mackey. Kills Ankeli
    6. Goryani – Mackey. Blocks Autti. flubbucket

Night 5actions:
    Gwaihir – Kyle – Protects MartingLong.
    Autti – Barbrady – Investigates Jcakes. Clyde Donovan.Townie (leaves toilet seat up). Pro town.
    Goryani – Mackey – Kills Laarz.
    Pyrotechnician – Victoia – Investigates MartinLong. Timmy

Night 6 actions:
    1. Autti – Barbrady. Investigates flubbucket. Mr. Garrison. Teacher.
    2. Gwaihir – Kyle. Protects Autti.
    3. Goryani – Mackey. Kills Noodle

Night 7 actions:
    1. Gwaihir – Kyle. Protects Gwaihir
    2. Autti – Barbrady. Investigates Goryani. Mr. Mackey. Hitman. Anti town.
    3. Goryani – Mackey. Kills Autti

Final thoughts:

I've noticed that lately, people focus more on lore, theory crafting and such, rather than just playing a mafia game. Which is all well an fine, but when it leads to where there is no scum hunting, it gets easier and easier for mafia teams to win. Future games, I'll try to host more vanilla games where players actually focus on playing the game.

And one last thing about the stories. Obviously I should mention that the last story was submitted by the mafia themselves. As for all the others, we all know I lack writing capabilities, so I apologize to anyone who signed up to this game hoping some great stories.

Thus, I encourage anyone who is better at stories to host their own South Park themed game and entertain us.

PS: If you require the sheet where all the information is located (color coded and such) send me a PM with your email and I'll mail it.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  4. ThunderCat

ON AIR:
    Good evening folks, this is Eric Cartman reporting to you live from South Park, Colorado.

We start off today’s show with the weather news. Meteorologists inform us that tomorrow, we will be having a worrying dose of panic, with theory-crafitng reaching over 9000 posts per hour.

In sports news, Canadia’s cricket team has lost the match 2 – 3 to the Somalia. More coverage of the Olympics will come at a later date.

And finally, here is our local news. Twenty of our very own South Park citizens have signed a contract with a character named “The Coon†in which they agree to kill each other in a gruesome blood bath for The Coon’s own entertainment. The popcorn vending machines are expected to explode in the near future.

Thank you for watching Cartman TV. This was Eric Cartman, live from South Park, Colorado. Have a good night.

It is now NIGHTTIME. You may not post for the next 24 hours. All night actions are to be send to me via PM as soon as possible.
  5. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Site Pal

I guess this implies that Eric Cartman is not in the game. Interesting .....

I wonder if kestegs is a role :)
  6. ThunderCat

I'll let that slide, Jcakes. Consider this your first and last warning.

And while I'm at it, please keep in mind that Bad Ash is away until Monday I believe. He will not be mod killed due to inactivity. If anyone else has real life issues that will prevent them from posting for a full day phase, please send me a PM informing me.
  7. ThunderCat

ON AIR:
    Good morning South Park people of South Park, and Kyle. This is Eric Cartman for Cartman TV.

We report today that one of our close and dear friends, Caluin Graye has been killed in his sleep by an unknown source. The local police had this to say:
    “Stand back, people, there's nothing to see here!”

And now, the weather.
    Today is a sunny day out in South Park Colorado. That should save us from seeing any gingers (Kyle) today.

In sports news, Canadia once again has won the farting championship, with Mexico coming in second.

Caluin Graye has been killed.

It is now DAYTIME. You may post freely for the next 48 hours.

Players alive:
    1. FredOfErik
    2. pharphis
    3. kestegs
    4. Jcakes
    5. Pyrotechnician
    6. Solar Ice
    7. coju
    8. Goryani
    9. Sathoris
    10. Gwaihir
    11. Noodle
    12. MartinLong
    13. omgwtfbbqpwned
    14. Bad Ash
    15. flubbucket
    16. Autti
    17. Malevolent
    18. Ankeli
    19. Laarz

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch someone and 11 votes to lock the lynch.

PS: For the new players, please keep in mind that all my stories are for flavor. Even though they suck, they should still not be interpreted in any other way.
    PPS: If anyone who is dead and would like to help out with stories, send me a PM.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  8. Malevolent

Malevolent IncGamers Member

yay first real post of the game goes to MAL :jig: ill keep the jigging to a minimum mmmmmmkaay?

Vote: Kestegs he must be scum!
  9. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Hello!

All i have to say right now is this

Does JCakes not know how to read? Or does he always post before the game starts anyway? :p

Who wants to be lynched first? I call "not me".
  10. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Dang. Thought I was first!

I'll be back in a few hours. I have a concert to attend to. Hopefully there are lots of accusations in that time :p

Also, since TC said that his stories are ONLY for flavor, then I disagree with JCakes and think that Cartman is in the game, and if he is, he would be a god father. The perfect role for him ;)
  11. Malevolent

Possible yeah, I have only seen about 10 episiodes of south park b4 so i couldnt tell you much.
  12. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

I think that rule 15 from last game, cakes is stupid, must still apply.

Also, mal, limiting the jigging? Is that possible?
  13. Solar Ice

Solar Ice IncGamers Member

One thing that bothers me about JCakes, is that he did just like in the previous game and posted when he was not supposed to. That game he turned out to be the Village Idiot. In other words, not Pro-Town.

Fishing for any possible role that kestegs may have as well...

I'll hold my vote for now but shall not hesitate to put on him.

These Australians, they came and they took our jobs!
  14. Solar Ice

Utterly Ninja'd.

Looks like Pharphis and Pyrotechnician commented on JCakes' error already.
  15. coju

coju IncGamers Member

There is another mal post jig-free. That's 2 I've found, malvolent! Don't go back and edit it, either. Seriously, don't.

And jcakes, how many games have you posted before day starts? 2 as well?

Cg... How many games have you died before day starts? 2 that I know of.

With that, the 2s are not coincidental.
    Ph, mal, and jcak can all be labeled the 2nd poster: 2nd actual thread poster / 2nd non-mod poster / 2nd poster of day.

Who shall it be? Ph called not it, so...
  16. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

This!

------

Haha. CG died. I don't care if you consider this gloating blablabla lynch fred. I enjoy it.

And no, I didn't kill him.

17. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

That is one lame reasoning.

Vote: Solar Ice

18. Solar Ice

Think what you will about my reasoning, but I do not want to go around throwing hasty random votes, like you and Mal.

19. Laarz

Laarz IncGamers Member

Boy,get me a beer afor I beat your butt
  20. Malevolent

Throwing votes around is an important part of the game :p Jcakes could be a village idiot but we have no way of telling as of yet, and kestegs is still scum :jig: