Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sound stupid but doh...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Ankeli, Jan 4, 2005. | Replies: 8 | Views: 434

1. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

Sound stupid but doh...

Im gonna make a fury / rabies OR fireclaw werewolf druid soon, and i figured that the only possible (read: affordable) weapon for me would be Oath. ETH Colossus Voulge seems like the way to go for me, guaranteed 4 socks @ larzuk etc. but i believe im gonna have a hard time finding one and there's no way ill be buying one for insane price :) so, im sorta frozen atm and i was thinking that during my levelling til 70's ill be sure to run across an ETH Voulge or the exceptional version of it (ETH also), so if i upgrade, say ETH exceptional whatever-its-called Voulge that has no socks in it and sock it at larzuk, it will get 4, right? this is a simple question and i know the answer but i cant think anything atm :D no im not stoned or drunk, im working... so yes?

2. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

You can't upgarde items that aren't rare/unique.

I think...

3. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

No clue, but you can also simply use a 3 Shael Aldur's Mace for the FC bear :)

4. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

its a fury wolf :D only backing up physical immunes with fire claw or rabies, havent decided yet

And imho you CAN upg normal items too... now why couldnt you? ill found out, edit here soon...

edit: ok, i cant. stupid :( now i gotta find a 4 socket eth colossus voulge, geez, i guess ill pick up a few zods and a tyraels might along the way :mad:

5. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

Up'd Ribcracker is affordable as well, and has a lot nicer requirements than a Colossus Voulge.

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Maybe im lucky or looking in the right spots as I have found 4 eth coll voulges in the past 2 days

7. tooie1

tooie1 IncGamers Member

"Oath" in a polearm is going to be an expensive mistake..... Obediance polearm might work but no IAS

Up'd ribcracker can get you through Hell no problem, I've done it twice. It will let you have insane amounts of vita because the str/dex requirements are so low. Team it up with a low str Lionheart and Jalal's and you're set.

As for rabies, I used the carrion wind bug and even with that, never really used it much.

8. rotor_001

rotor_001 IncGamers Member

How about using switch gear:
    110 ias phase blade/shield of choice (for rabies/fire)
    and whatever rocks fury :) upped ribcracker/ik-maul I heard nice things about.

That way you can use both skills with a good weapon.

9. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

silly me with oath to polearm :D