Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorceress advices

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Erfel, Jun 25, 2013. | Replies: 10 | Views: 3585

1. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

Hello everybody!

I'm actually using 2 sorceress.
    The first one is a cold sorceress (frozen orb) with: shako - viper - oculus - spirit - arach - magefist - wartraveler - mara - 2x10 fcr rings (maybe one is a soj, i don't remember)
    The other one is a fire sorc (fireball/meteor) with: full tal set + rhyme shield + magefist + rare resist boots

Some questions.
    1 - The cold sorceress should use blizzard? Is it better than frozen orb against bosses?
    2 - I have always used spirit on my sorceress, but this requires a lot of strenght, and a lot of dex if you want to max block (i usually don't). What about using something else? Rhyme is pretty good at low levels, but i'd really like to increase my survivability. First idea could be sanctuary runeword (on the cold soso, as she has lower resistance), and the second idea (mostly for the fire sorceress) could be moser's, maybe socketed with 2 rbfs. I could go for max block with both of these, with a small cost in life, as i would need much less strenght. And i wouldn't need to um my items
    3 - Would it be better to reset my first sorceress to a light one? I have infinity on her merc. At least untill i can get my hands on a fathom
    4 - If i should go on with the cold soso, and without maxing blizzard, what should i do with the rest of the skill points? I'm using enchant on my merc, but it's not really that effective

Thank you! :D
  2. Axamas

Axamas IncGamers Member

An interrogation : what is the purpose of FCR with a Frozen Orb sorc ; FO has a casting delay of 1 sec and, imho, casting delay is not modified by FCR.

q3 : With Infinity people usually go with light sorc because, Infinity breaks the immunity of ALL Lightning Immune monsters ; which is not the case with Fire or Cold Immune monsters.

q4 : If you have enough points, you can try to hybrid your sorc (with lightning (L or Cl) or fire (Fireball)) to help against Cold Immune.

Hope this helps.
  3. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

It is not... my 10 fcr rings are only to teleport faster, and only 'caus i still don't have better option (now 1 is a soj, actually).

Anyway, my real question is about the shield for the tal rasha's fire sorc.

Tal set is not the best option for a sorceress, but gives a lot of magic find, and running kurast chests, it's reaaaally nice :)

Some possible options:
    Rhyme runeword - nice adds, but i'd love a higher chance to block... what could be a good base?
    Moser's - Decent chance to block (and faster block rate), decent res and two sockets... 2 fire rbf? Or 2 jah to get 100 life? Or 2 ber for a 16% dr?
    Stormshield - Nice nice nice chance to block and damage reduction. Still gives no fire and poison resists (tal rasha gives small bonuses on pres too). Still, the worst thing is the high strenght req
    Spirit - As always, great shield, but low chance to block and high strenght (no chance to get max block)
    Phoenix - Just like spirit, requisites and chance to block makes it a bad choice, but redemption and -28% enemy fire res are HUGE adds
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Hi mate! Thanks for the chat earlier! :)

First of all, dont use fcr above 63 if you use blizz or FO. Only if you want a faster teleport. Imo, 63 is enough.
    And, this setup:
    shako - viper - oculus - spirit - arach - magefist - wartraveler - mara - 2x10 fcr rings
    Gives you 30+30+35+20+20+20 = 155fcr.
    Which is a waste since the breakpoints are at 63, 105 and 200.

And to your questions in order! :)

The real difference between FO and Blizz. Is that FO allows for a second element, or maxed ES.
    Blizz does alot more damage, and even if its less reliable and a bit slower, it does alot more dmg.
    Against bosses, not so sure.
    But its hard to hit bosses with the best FO effeciency.

Depending on what you want to do, several options comes to my mind.

The best shield for resistances are Sanctuary. And this rw also allows for easy achievable max block. Requires only a 3os shield.

Another good shield for blocking is Mosers Blessed Circle, with its 2 sockets its highly customizable. Gives 25@res and nice block. Low str req!

The best shield imo for a fire sorc, if you can afford it. Is Phoenix.
    The aura makes the sorc a whole new experience. It adds a ton to survivability, be sure to not use Natures peace though.

40% Chance to Cast Level 22 Firestorm on Striking
    100% Chance to Cast Level 40 Blaze when You Level-Up
    Level 10-15 Redemption Aura When Equipped
    +350-400% Enhanced damage
    -(28)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
    +350-400 Defense vs. Missile
    +50 to Life
    +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
    +10% to Maximum Fire Resist
    +15-21 Fire Absorb

Another option is stormshield.

Rbfs in a shield for Fire or Blizz sorcs isnt very effective. Works best for Light or FO sorcs.

I have both an mf sorc, blizz sorc. And a combat sorc, using Lightning.

Depends on what you want to do, but Light sorcs with Infinity and Hoto+CoH+Spirit+Griffons is very poweful.

If you go blizz, go all blizz. There are several areas with none or close to none cold immunes.
    I only recommend Blizz for mf builds though.

Peace and love

5. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Also dont forget whitstans. amazing shield
  6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Only good for blocking though.
  7. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

so its like a mosers with 100 life instead of the sockets
  8. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Mosers has 25@res aswell.
  9. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

and whitstan does 19 which i chose to equal off with mosers res. besides, mosers needs the upgrade imo, without it whitstan is significantly better
  10. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Whitstan's Guard
    Round Shield
    [​IMG]

Shield Class
    Defence: 132-154
    Pa Chance To Block: 75%
    Am, As, Ba Chance To Block: 75%
    Dr, So, Ne Chance To Block: 75%
    Durability: 64
    Required Strength: 53
    Smite Damage: 7-14
    Required Level: 29

+40% Faster Block Rate
    Increased Chance of Blocking 55%
    +175% Enhanced Defense
    Half Freeze Duration
    +5 to Light Radius

Moser's Blessed Circle
    Round Shield

[​IMG]
    Shield Class
    Defence: 156.8-179.2
    Pa Chance To Block: 67%
    Am, As, Ba Chance To Block: 62%
    Dr, So, Ne Chance To Block: 57%
    Durability: 64
    Required Strength: 53
    Smite Damage: 7-14
    Required Level: 31

+30% Faster Block Rate
    Increased Chance of Blocking 25%
    +180-220% Enhanced Defense
    +25% All Resistances
    Socked (2)

Upgraded = 100str req
    Defense 305-397

I dont see anything to argue about. We prefer different shields.

But on paper, whitstans beats mosers when it comes to blocking. And mosers beats whitstans when it comes to nr of sockets and @res.
  11. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Well im trying to reduce the differences to something comparable, so if we forgo upgradng the mosers(might as well get a stormshield in that case as it beats them both imo) it comes down to 81 dex at lvl 90 or

162 life (4.3 PRubies worth)

vs

28 defense, two sockets and 6 resist all.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013