Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorc build question from returning newbie

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by djsutton, Nov 22, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 3988

1. djsutton

djsutton IncGamers Member

Hey, all. I played D2 off an on several years ago, but never to any great extent. I really enjoyed it, though, and decided to start up again. I was thinking of making a Sorceress and had a build in mind I wanted to try, but I suspect it won't work. I want to try combining Blizzard with chain lightning. These were my two favourite Sorc skills, and I think they'd look great together, but I can't see them synergizing (so to speak) in the same build. Frozen Orb is a great secondary because of its slow and low point investment to function. I don't think I can get away with using Blizzard without pumping its synergies, but the same is true of chain lightning. I'd need to use something like

20 Blizzard
    1 CM
    10-20 Blizzard Synergy
    20 Chain Lightning
    10-20 CL Synergy
    10-20 Lightning Mastery

That just seems to spread out, leaving me with two skills that have no damage. But am I missing something that could make it work?

Thanks for any help

Edit: A little searching around tells me that Blizzard/Nova is a thing, so that's something to consider.
  2. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Blizzard nova is a very strong build. We have an attitude in the SPF (not sure if you're SP), and it is 'If you think something won't work, heck, try it anyway' :nod:
  3. djsutton

djsutton IncGamers Member

Good point, and raises the question of what "Works" even means. Even if it's not optimal, that doesn't mean it's not fun.
  4. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

I would go with the following, done at level 90:

20 Blizzard
    12 Glacial Spike (rest of points here)
    1 Cold Mastery

20 Chain Lightning
    20 Lightning
    20 Lightning Mastery

1 Teleport
    1 Static Field
    1 Warmth

With +10 skills, this gives you:

2k Blizzard
    -70% Cold Mastery
    7 second freeze Glacial Spike

6k Lightning
    3k Chain Lightning
    10 yard Static Field

I feel this is a viable build to run any target in the game. However it will be considerably weakened without good +skills.