Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Son of a B^$%$#@!!!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by TheDarkSide, Oct 16, 2013. | Replies: 10 | Views: 1254

1. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

I was strolling along through the normal Act 1 Inferno areas and went into Leorics Manor, met a Walling, Arcane Enchanted Boss, and promptly deeded with my new 60(5) DH. So after screaming at the top of my lungs I decided to Rant and get on my :soapbox: here for a second. I cannot understand WHY I cannot keep a Squishy (WIZ or DH) alive in Inferno in D3 and Im contemplating never playing them again and just sticking with my Barb and Wd..

But the fact that Im Really hard headed and a gluton for punishment I know that to be an untrue statement. In fact Im off to get a Flu shot and when I return I will once again roll a Wiz or a Dh AGAIN in my feeble attempts to have a playable Squishy in HC D3..

You CANNOT make me Quit no matter how hard you try !!!

SO There take that D3 !!!!

:badteeth:
  2. Aahzmadius

Aahzmadius IncGamers Member

What MP were you on? I feared the worst when I logged on at lunch and saw your WD idling in the menus. :(
  3. TheDarkSide

I never play above MP1 cause Im mostly solo .. But yes I deeded again, no loss really just frustration over remaking. SO Im going to attempt to play my WD for a bit I think. Hes 60(14) atm and never really got into Inferno with a WD before. Might as well try him out a bit. Feel more safe with the Dogs and Garg, and I don't feel like Re-Leveling from level 1 again ...

:whistling:
  4. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

I'd suggest just avoiding that area. Dark Cultists are one of the most dangerous enemy types in game, that area is also very lag prone.
  5. galtzaiLe

galtzaiLe IncGamers Member

Perhaps you are playing too aggressively? I find the DH to be a really squishy class. I had to slow down my game pace in order to keep her alive. In the other hand, wizards seems to be a safe class for me. I feel way more squishy on my monk than on my wiz.

May I ask why? I don't go there that often.
  6. Aahzmadius

Aahzmadius IncGamers Member

Cultists hit hard and run fast. This is probably just faulty memory, but it seems like they have a tendency to chain freeze me more than other enemy types. The outdoor area next to the Leoric's Manor WP is compact and it can feature 2 elite packs in close proximity to one another; if you have to kite, it's easy to inadvertently activate both of them simultaneously. On top of all that, many times an elite pack is right outside the door-if you hit any lag you might be chain frozen before your screen has loaded.

All of that said, it is always in my preferred A1 run, usually the first stack I get. I have an SSD, so the load screen issues don't typically affect me. Plus you always use your skills before getting to the outdoor area, so there's no need for the game to reload those by the time you hit the outside elite pack. And if you're lucky, you'll get a pack on the inside area as well. Of course, HC mode is about balancing risk versus reward, with more of an emphasis on managing risk than SC.
  7. Steven Hazani

Ordinarily hard hitting enemies are slow, fast enemies do low damage per hit. There are a few exceptions, Scavengers are one but Dark Cultists make Scavengers look tame. So you have fast, hard hitting enemies that auto hit. Aside from beast chargers, berserker swings, etc, there's little that does more damage than these guys.

Affixes (arcane, frozen, etc) are also attack speed based. Meaning, fast elite + these = you get deeds.

There is a reason why the area right outside the Manor is a place only PKers actually go in, this is it.

As for the lag, I have no idea. Even WITH a drive, sometimes it takes a while to load when you go in (I lost my first HC character this way, would have lost more if enemies spawned just inside the door more often). There's a lot less lag going out, but I've still occasionally had an elite camping the door and killed me (on SC so didn't really care) before I could act.
  8. galtzaiLe

galtzaiLe IncGamers Member

Thank you both for your replies. I never noticed that those guys did so much damage. It may be due the fact that I'm running Archon on my wizard and I'm somehow overgeared for the MP I usually play.
  9. TheDarkSide

Point taken and I don't have one of these but my Video Card and Rig nets me 235 FPS so I never really lag except on original game load of the day ... That being said I spent all my gold (53 MIL) on my WD today and have no intentions of playing a WIZ or a DH anytime soon.. RAWR !!!
  10. Steven Hazani

That generally helps. But if they get in melee range and you can't move (say, because of lag), you die.

Contrast with say Festering Woods. I've never had any screen freeze problems there since I got a new drive. And even if you do the enemy types are less dangerous so while you can still die there it's less likely.
  11. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Yeah they hurt lots, they hit my DH only twice on MP3 and she was almost a goner. That was when I decided I needed more EHP :)